Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Run to First Stop at LOTO in Outerlimits SVL 29 Vid! >

Run to First Stop at LOTO in Outerlimits SVL 29 Vid!

Notices

Run to First Stop at LOTO in Outerlimits SVL 29 Vid!

Old 08-31-2012, 12:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mpally
Ok, you and your kids go swim off a dock and I'll jump in a boat and run 100 plus 50 to 75 ft from you. Then you and your kids can tell me if it's safe or not.

Yes, you are correct, it would have been much safer for me and my non-existant kids if he would have been 1 foot to the right of the no wake buoy as opposed to 1 foot to the left of where he was. Excuse me. lol

Seriously, I understand the point some of you are trying to make as far as the water patrol goes. However, any of you saying he was operating unsafely because he was a foot left of the no wake buoy as opposed to the other side a foot is just wanting something to bicker about.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:01 AM
Registered

I'll be the first to say that looked like an awesome ride!! But I will also say that buzzing buy parked or slow moving boats at over 100mph, what looks to be no more then 10' away in some cases, is not safe. There were many unsafe things in that video that could have gone real bad real quick. I'm happy nothing did and the people in the boat had a fun time. But I'm pretty sure there are some people out there saying "did you see the a-hole in the fast boat!?! They almost killed us!!"
Old 08-31-2012, 05:11 AM
Registered

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by m3seth
At what point was anyone in danger or at risk of injury other than the people in the boat? Maybe he didn't know the lake layout that well, and barely came to the inside of 2 of the no wake markers. Also, I'm sure it would have made a huge difference in the amount of wake and safety had he been 1 foot right of the 2 no wake buoys as opposed to the 1 foot left.
Good luck trying that explanation to the WP. BTW - he's quite a bit more than "1 foot" within the no wake zone. He's also on plane in the middle of a no wake zone again at around 21:00. He's driving one of the most publicized boats on the run, breaking basic navigational laws, and then posting video proof of it on youtube. Nice single-handed effort to ruin the sport for all. Total asshat move, in my opinion.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:22 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Yes, you are correct, it would have been much safer for me and my non-existant kids if he would have been 1 foot to the right of the no wake buoy as opposed to 1 foot to the left of where he was. Excuse me. lol
One foot to the left - violation
One foot to the right - within the law

We have enough regs coming down on us, no sense in hastening the process.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seriously, I understand the point some of you are trying to make as far as the water patrol goes. However, any of you saying he was operating unsafely because he was a foot left of the no wake buoy as opposed to the other side a foot is just wanting something to bicker about.
You are missing the whole point Sir. I think most of us would agree that staying 50 - 100 ft outside of the markers would have been the responsible way to conduct yourself at those speeds.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:50 PM
Registered

Yes, you are correct, it would have been much safer for me and my non-existant kids if he would have been 1 foot to the right of the no wake buoy as opposed to 1 foot to the left of where he was. Excuse me. lol.
Give me one sensible reason why he wasn't running 200 ft outside the no wake zone? There is no reason why he should even be close to the no wake zone except he is a complete a$$hat without a clue. If that's the case, he has no place on the lake.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:30 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Probably good that Mr Forehand didn't try to take evasive acting when he finally saw the bouy. This Boat would have probably ended up like the other 29 OL that tried to turn at speed!!!! Bobbing Upside Down!
Everyone who thinks his actions were OK has a serious misconception of safety, he didn't accidentally end up near the docks. Watch the video, he was racing, picking a cleaner line with smoother water to allow the smaller boat to hang with the bigger boats, he aimed it there.
They were even bragging about starting late and running down and passing bigger boats to prove the new boat.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I think it's great to see Doc Jansen stepping up and putting up, competing and pushing the envelope. The sport would be fortunate to have more like him.

Likewise I find it unfortunate that his hired gun doesn't excercize better judgement and provides fodder for the "dark side". There is simply no excuse for that performance during a "fun run".
Old 09-01-2012, 02:39 AM
Registered

I am surprised Doc Jansen has not made more of a statement about this incident. I would not have thought he would just look the other way. This is his home lake and I'm sure he doesn't want to do anything which limits our use of the lake.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

how much lighter is the outerlimits than watch your back? Will it still be faster when it is weighed down to legal race weight?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.