Notices

42' vs toyota

Old 03-16-2013, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
The difference between you and I, is I am defending MY purchase, and my opinion is based on my past OWNERSHIP of all vehicles I have spoken of, real world experience. Sure you didn't take well to the information about "made in the USA" I was sharing, but the more I read I the more confused I am. Sending me links from a righty fascist website doesn't really help the cause btw. I will agree that all may not be exactly as I saw it, but it is also not nearly as grim of a picture you paint it, your personal interests being set to the side of course.

You are trying to tell the country what you think they should buy, based on the opinion you have generated working for one of the manufactures. Your conflict of interest alone makes you an non credible source, never mind your insatiable ego.

You'll never convince me to buy what you want me to buy, and I will never convince you that global car companies building plants here is a good thing, so why waste the energy?

In sorry if my comments have offended you or anyone else on this site that is employed by the big 3. Gm and Chrysler/fiat are making a strong comeback. The new gm vehicles are very attractive and look to be a huge inprovement in quality over just a few years ago. I don't wish for the traditional American car companies to go away, I just want them to stop whining and win back the market through value and quality, not by dictatorship and crying foul. It's business, not the 3rd playground. Ford would be a good example of remaining competitive in the market without sending jobs to Canada and Mexico.
We're getting somewhere maybe.....

I have been pretty clear, I don't care what you buy, I haven't once said "buy this". I care when you buy foreign and repeat propaganda claiming it is better for the country when all evidence clearly shows it isn't. Like it, buy it, don't rationalize, particularly with stuff that just isn't true.

GM isn't whining, I am telling you the story of how things are what they are. As you can see, it's pretty complex and wouldn't make much of a commercial the avg American could follow. There is so much more than most people know, and most of it is other countries (Japan, Korea, China) doing dirty **** to give their companies an edge, and edge that led to what has happened over the past 30 years. There's nothing that can change it, but it might give some insight into how things aren't as they seem, it isn't just "incompetence" that collapsed everything.

Further, this idea the big 3 keep sending out jobs while others feverishly add them is wrong. Just look up something before posting how everything GM is made in Mexico and Toyota all here, it's false. For the record GM/Ford/Chysler have been adding tons of jobs since 2008. GM reopened Orion to build sub-compacts in the US, the only people making them here. Meanwhile the transplants keep expanding in Mexico more than the US. Taken from the web:
"By comparison, in just the past seven months Mexico has won $4.3 billion in commitments from automakers for new factories. Audi, Honda and Mazda are all building new plants; Nissan will spend $2 billion in a bid to eventually build 2 million vehicles a year in the country. It's not just foreign automakers: Ford, Mexico's largest vehicle exporter, will spend $1.3 billion updating its plant to build the new Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKZ. GM, which builds more cars and trucks in Mexico than any other automaker, and Chrysler have also spent hundreds of millions of dollars upgrading factories for new models."

Note, Ford/GM plants are existing ones mentioned, not new. GM builds the most cars in pretty much most countries in the world sans Germany and Japan.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rlj676 can't lie. He loved the Ferarri I showed him.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:41 PM
Registered

Default Movie

Originally Posted by Sunrocket24
I remember that now! Classic, going to have to try and find the movie on DVD today!
Netflix has it. I'm watching it now. Artie
Old 03-16-2013, 12:45 PM
Registered

I assumed it was a documentary of the UAW. Still funny either way...
Old 03-16-2013, 04:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by akaboatman
Netflix has it. I'm watching it now. Artie
Nice! I found and ordered a DVD on Ebay. Might have to watch it tonight on Netflix! A little sample below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om3C1EpHLGs

So Japenese cars built in the U.S. is a good thing.....
Old 03-17-2013, 02:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
Rlj676 can't lie. He loved the Ferarri I showed him.
Please buy one and take me for a ride!
Old 03-17-2013, 03:36 PM
Registered

I don't make GM money.

Oh wait. I guess I do. I drive a G6.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
I don't make GM money.

Oh wait. I guess I do. I drive a G6.
As good as a Ferrari!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.