Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
100-mph Chaparral Project Update: Major Hull and Deck Surgery Underway >

100-mph Chaparral Project Update: Major Hull and Deck Surgery Underway

Notices

100-mph Chaparral Project Update: Major Hull and Deck Surgery Underway

Old 04-24-2013, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been there, done that, at least on the rotten transom and stringers. Looking back on it, I don't think I would do it again.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

If you guys really want answers to your questions or insight into this project you should direct the inquiries to 88VILLAINiii.
It is his boat/project/thread.

....and hurling insults accomplishes what?
Old 04-24-2013, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by dbkski
If you guys really want answers to your questions or insight into this project you should direct the inquiries to 88VILLAINiii.
It is his boat/project/thread.

....and hurling insults accomplishes what?
DITTO! Is the lake still frozen boys? Read the guys thread. Yea the boat means something to him and his family. Will the boat see 100. Probably not and he knows this. He's just doing what we all have done and continue to do.....spend money on something he enjoys and hopefully will be able to enjoy for a long time. Pause and think before we type. I know I forget from time to time.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bulletbob
DITTO! Is the lake still frozen boys? Read the guys thread. Yea the boat means something to him and his family. Will the boat see 100. Probably not and he knows this. He's just doing what we all have done and continue to do.....spend money on something he enjoys and hopefully will be able to enjoy for a long time. Pause and think before we type. I know I forget from time to time.
I second your opinion. Chris! Go for it buddy! My exhaust cost just as much as my boat itself. If ya want check out my build thread on my IMP! My dad and I have matching Eleganza's (both running in the 70's!). The reason why we did the same! Good luck! Ill keep checking this thread!

Last edited by KRAUSMOTORSPORTS; 04-24-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:47 PM
Registered

Being the owner of an 88 VillainIII boat I can appreciate what the OP is doing. Although my boat looks alot different than his, mine has a molded in swim platform, and a different windshield. Just before I purchased the boat the transom and stringers were replaced, along with complete interior re
upolstery. More money was put into the boat 2X over than what iI purchased it for. It also has the stock 7.4L power plant in it and has no problem getting to 65 MPH with 70 gallons of fuel and all the cargo and passengers on it. I looked for a long time before I found the right one, and this was the boat I was looking for, love the lines and performance of this one.[IMG][/IMG]

Old 04-24-2013, 02:50 PM
Registered

i would be happy to answer any questions out there i can. i appreciate the support and criticism too. Matt will be doing all the major updates on the build as it progresses. whether or not the shoot for the moon goal will be hit, is yet to be determined, i know there are a lot of doubts and rightfully so. but with out setting a goal there is nothing to work towards. As for the boat i have never taken the easy way out in any project i have succeeded in or failed so i figured why now. it would of been easy to buy a turn key but thats just not me. i tend to like older boats as for there design attracts me more. like i said ask away and ill answer. hope to see some of you out on the water soon
Old 04-24-2013, 03:16 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If putting 4x the NADA value in a old boat to make it brand new again dumb and a bad investment, that makes buying a new boat off the showroom floor a smart investment. lol

I hope your project is a success!

XT

Last edited by XT-Innovator; 04-24-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:50 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,053 Likes on 277 Posts

I think its a cool project...but In everything that's happening in the offshore world...a 21 Chaparral is "news worthy"
That might be a tad harsh....Matt and crew do a great job...but yall know what I mean

Last edited by TeamSaris; 04-24-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Are they a 24 or 26 degree vee?
Old 04-24-2013, 05:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
Are they a 24 or 26 degree vee?
I believe it's a 22 at transom and 25-26 at entry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.