100-mph Chaparral Project Update: Major Hull and Deck Surgery Underway >

100-mph Chaparral Project Update: Major Hull and Deck Surgery Underway

Notices

100-mph Chaparral Project Update: Major Hull and Deck Surgery Underway

Old 04-25-2013, 04:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Is this "news?" No, this is a project story. Speedonthewater.com does a lot of news stories. News, by definition, has a different set of criteria.

Yes, there are hundreds of projects out there, so many that one site cannot possibly follow all of them. At present, speedonthewater is following a number of different project stories at various levels. But I would gently ask you: What other web site is trying to follow even a few of them? I'm not talking about an offshoreonly member posting about his own project, which is very cool and worthwhile. I'm talking about a a news and feature site including some project coverage. That we can't possibly cover "hundreds" of them does not diminish the significance of those we do.

Obviously, the project is of little to no informational value to you. Fair enough, but keep in mind the key words—to you. A lot of people like it, a lot of people don't, which in a way makes it a perfect project story. From a journalistic standpoint, I like this story because it is as grassroots as it gets.

If you have a project you'd like us to cover, we're not exactly hard to reach and we're good about returning phone calls and emails. Feel free to contact us here or through the speedonthewater.com site.
Matt, speedonthe water has some GREAT stories. This one just seemed slightly different to me. Keep up the good work

Last edited by scarab63; 04-25-2013 at 04:51 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,745 Likes on 1,233 Posts

Originally Posted by scarab63
Matt, speedonthe water has some GREAT stories. This one just seemed slightly different to me. Keep up the good work
Got to agree with you on that, the story is different. You could even call it odd. I know stuff like this happens all the time but it doesn't come across our radar very often.

In my desire to explain I came on a bit strong. Sorry for that. It wasn't my intention but as I reread what I wrote I see it as strident and defensive. Not exactly a great tone to take with a reader.

Again, sorry about that. And thanks for the kind words.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great to see a redo of an old boat. Just think 100mph with that boat is a reach unless you have a big HP motor and then you will need a shortened/raised x, stronger drive. Good luck with the project though.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:55 AM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Get it done and come to the shootout in LOTO!
Old 04-25-2013, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These guys did it in sweden with a similar size boat. Check the you tube vids in the thread

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...ph-mark-7.html
Old 04-25-2013, 02:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by whoya
Great to see a redo of an old boat. Just think 100mph with that boat is a reach unless you have a big HP motor and then you will need a shortened/raised x, stronger drive. Good luck with the project though.
running bravo setup with a high X dimension we will see what happens.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CLA
Get it done and come to the shootout in LOTO!
if shes floating by then i will try.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jolley
These guys did it in sweden with a similar size boat. Check the you tube vids in the thread

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...ph-mark-7.html
i dont know what that boat weighs fully rigged but they are making more hp then me. my only advantage will be the SBC is about 400lbs less give or take heads etc... that is a sharp looking boat!
Old 04-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 04-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Racer
Racer

Way to think outside the box 88Villainii, love it. Good luck with the project

Scotty B

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.