Notices

Alex Bay speeding ticket

Old 06-18-2013, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
What would be consequence for an American who got a Canadian side ticket and just didn't pay it?
They will tell your Mum, Ehh!!!
Old 06-18-2013, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider
They will tell your Mum, Ehh!!!
The Canadian guys aren't quite as nice when you enter into our waters. Terrible!! and I am Canadian

http://www.cdncs.com/boating-on-the-border.html
Old 06-18-2013, 09:10 AM
Registered
Gold Member

I feel bad for you guys that came up and got a bad taste of the area. It is usually not too bad. That being said I also NEVER travel the American Narrows and usually head down the Canadian side and have never had a problem. Sounds like things were a little stepped up for the weekend
Old 06-18-2013, 09:16 AM
Registered

Same problem on our lake for the pirates run in upstate ny , hardly ever see them patrol lake maybe 1 boat , advertise a poker run i see 3 different boats running around all day pulling people over. Bait and tackle = Profits for the county.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kragar
The Canadian guys aren't quite as nice when you enter into our waters. Terrible!! and I am Canadian

http://www.cdncs.com/boating-on-the-border.html
I thought it used to be the same in canadian waters... as long as you don't stop, no need to check in. So technically during the poker run all those boats are supposed to check in? What a joke.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:27 AM
Registered

We were pulling out of Swan Bay as hugetime1 was passing under the bridge. Saw you get pulled over then a second boat right after that. I was wondering why as it didn't look like either boat was going that fast(love you boat hugetime1, cat with outboards!!). They were definitely out in force. This Poker run is focused around Alex Bay and brings business to all the local retailers, hotels and bars. Heck, look what Aqua-Mania does for promoting the run. Boating is what the 1000 Islands is all about, why so much harassment? I never see this during bike week when the town is over run with bikes and the bars are full. I don't hear about the bikes getting pulled over for being to loud and they are driving right through town and neighborhoods.

I have been boating in the Islands for almost 50 years now. Can't tell you how many times we have been pulled over. Most of the time for no reason other than they were training cadets. A few years ago I was stopped while returning from Clayton in open water with my wife and 2 young kids. They asked if they could board my vessel for a safety inspection. I pointed out that I had gotten a Safety inspection that year from the Coast Guard Aux. and was told "That doesn't mean anything!" They held us up for over an hour bobbing around in the channel just to do an inspection. I was pissed.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nascat, do you mind if i post the video?
Old 06-18-2013, 12:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4bus
No question some of the richest people in th world have homes on private islands in the area. Always amazes me to find out the business owners and inventors that have vacation homes in the area.

Performance boats are and always will be the minority. And the fact that we fill the bars until 2 am doesn't seem to have much pull in any argument.
27 boats doesn't come near to filling the bars in ABay. Maybe if PRA started spooling some "charity" money back into thelocal economy, the local politicians might help ease some of the pressure.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

I don't have the correct temperment t to deal with Alex Bay LEOs. I think I will stay away. There are many other places to visit.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Like I said before some of it is self inflicted.
There have been some azz hole moves in that neighbourhood.

Plus there is the $$$$$ people there that don't like go fast boats.

It's not as if all the complainers bought their cottages down there with their own money.
Most of them are livin the gold life at grandpas spread.

You can see it when you go on a poker run there.

The farther east you go the better the go fast boats are received.
In Brockville where real people live the crowds are 10 deep.

Not so in the Boldt Castle area.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.