Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Have to rant... Saturdays run... >

Have to rant... Saturdays run...

Notices

Have to rant... Saturdays run...

Old 08-24-2015, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

People don't get the concept of the captain of a vessel and the responsibilities that come with that, even on a recreational craft. Bottom line, obey the captain or stay on the dock.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:56 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

Same here scott, and these a holes are the same one that would be sueing you when they slip and the fiberglass takes out their teeth... not worth the waste of breath. Just say no
Old 08-24-2015, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The comedian Ron White said: "You can't fix stupid".
Old 08-24-2015, 09:30 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Enough said....
Old 08-24-2015, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I can understand that some non-boaters might not understand proper boat "manners", but they crossed the line of just plain stupid or azz holes, or both. Most of the chit they did should have been avoided by common sense.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You want 'em dead? I know a guy.

I kid. Sorta. I agree with you 100%. The best response is to ask where his/her parents live, then go pimp-slap both of them
Old 08-24-2015, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I think most of the "owners" can relate to the "non owner" stupidity, and disrespect. I had total strangers with me several occasions and several Poker Runs. It was all good, but before I ever left the docks, I explained the rules. Show fire ext. locations, life jackets, kill switch use, misc. safety stuff and my rules. I guess the moral of my comment is that if guests, passengers know the law, MY LAW.. upfront, there is no excuse not to abide by them. Then here is the enforcement. So far I never had to do any "enforcements" . I make it clear, My rules are there for safety, period, and there is NO compromise in my rules. Taking and respecting my toy is somewhat goes back to safety as well. The last thing any "passengers" want is riding in my boat when I might be pissed. Not a good thing. I don't drive not even at 6MPH when I'm pissed, but so far is all good. I didn't have to shut the motors off for any of my "gusset's"..
Old 08-24-2015, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I start with "take your shoes off before boarding please". That usually sets the tone on how I expect people to behave on the boat. Act like an a$shole and your one and done on my boat. Also, no glass on the boat and take your garbage with you when we tie up.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:36 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,088 Likes on 1,390 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
You wonder how some parents brought these a holes up to be so disrespectful.
My dad would do a full frisk on me - checking for pens/pencils/dirty shoes/pants/etc - before entering his or anyone elses car. Believe it !

My first dope slap and dragged by my collar was when I snuck under staging ropes and put my hands on a Porsche 911 door window to look in.

He was pretty easy going...but not near someone elses stuff !
Old 08-24-2015, 10:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

When we take anyone with us I do not assume they "get it" when it comes to boat manners. A quick 5 minute phone conversation before the group gets to our house or dock sets the right expectations. Leave your boots and socks at home, bare feet only on the boat anywhere and anytime, no glass, food when we stop. Drinks in a sippy cup or wait until we stop and for god's sake sit and relax enjoy yourself we do not need help (plus you get in the way).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.