Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
24' Pantera vs. 24' SuperBoat >

24' Pantera vs. 24' SuperBoat

Notices

24' Pantera vs. 24' SuperBoat

Old 10-09-2002, 10:57 AM
GRH

Wes - I really don't have a problem with anybodies choice of boat.... I JUST DON"T LIKE BEING YELLED AT OVER THE INTERNET....

PS... Thanks for not yelling Wes....

Old 10-09-2002, 11:00 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Ya, let's just stick to the facts. Everybody likes to brag about their brand of choice.
Old 10-09-2002, 11:04 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool !

Jim H - no problem..
GRH - agreed..
Dave - you're right..

- - Wes
Old 10-09-2002, 11:13 AM
Registered

Wayne,

You may have spoken to all of the manufacturers, but unless you whip your wallet out you really don't know squat about how much things cost. The Superboat is priced well below the Progression, and that is definitely reflected in the finish and the rigging and so forth. As you said, you get what you pay for. But don't tell the board that the Progression is twice the boat that Superboat is because you are setting yourself up to trip and fall.
Old 10-09-2002, 11:48 AM
wayne

GHR I was not yelling at you or anyone else , but you asked me the same question 2 times and and I cant figure out how you dont understand my anwser . I see its hard for you to believe it but there is a 9 mph difference in the 2 boats but there is . As for the rest of you superboat owners , I have never been passed or even kept up with by a superboat with the same power . I am not knocking anyones boat , I said they were all good boat , just some better than others , and you do have to pay for that .
JIM H , Im not pissed off at anyone and im sure I paid more for my boat than if I bought a superboat but I wanted a better built boat . Show me a 21 superboat that does not have the huge crack in the tansom , show me one progression that does ! Like I said before im not to start a fight here ..

Old 10-09-2002, 11:55 AM
Registered

Wayne,

By msking remarks like that you are in fact looking for a fight. But you've barked up the wrong tree. But you should know that if you are telling the forum that Progression is twice the boat a Superboat is, then you are setting yourself up for a big fall so please stop. Second, you are not entirely informed about pricing either. Regardless of what manufacturers you have spoken to, we all know that when you whip out the old wallet the price seems to change. Superboat is a much more affordable boat than a Progression, and that shows in the finish and rigging and so forth. Unfortunately I don't have a boat right now, but why don't we attempt to arrange a little race, a Long Island builder race. We can include Kryptonite and Activator. I wouldn't make any predictions, but I would love to see some rivalry. After all, it's the pride behind our boats that creates this. How about it? I would llike to see you dust the rest of the field.
Old 10-09-2002, 11:57 AM
Registered

Wayne,

By the way, no Great South Bay crap either. Out in the ocean with the 24's.
Old 10-09-2002, 12:09 PM
Registered

Holy Crap! This is getting heated.

Make sure an get some pictures of the race for us all to see.
Old 10-09-2002, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't speak to the 24s all I can tell you is the new 28 Pantera Jo built me is of excelent quality, fit and finish. He also did every custom thing I asked him to do.

If I needed or wanted a 24, I would go with the Pantera.
Old 10-09-2002, 12:20 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

With all due respect...

I'd watch out for those Kryptonites !

We saw a couple of real jets out on the east end this year.

Its a good point , there are some GREAT boats being built right out here on L.I.

Quick Reply: 24' Pantera vs. 24' SuperBoat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.