Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OHIO OSOer's!  Central Ohio fall shootout. >

OHIO OSOer's! Central Ohio fall shootout.

Notices

OHIO OSOer's! Central Ohio fall shootout.

Old 10-16-2002, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Yep, the weather isn't looking too bad, at least the rain is out of the forecast!!!

Hey, let's stop the bullchit with the noise regulations and the DNR, I think we're beating a dead horse here. The laws are the same as they are at just about every other body of water in Ohio.
If you've got loud exhaust, you are going to have to deal with the possibility of being harrassed wherever you go?!?!
If you have an expired registration, you would have to deal with that wherever you go too?!?!?!?
Use common sense, don't be a dumba$$, don't grow huge balls and do something that would give the DNR a reason to harass you.

Let's stop being a bunch a bickering bishes and get on the water before the white chit starts falling from the sky!!!!

Looking forward to seeing and meeting everybody there!
I am shooting for having the SLOWEST cat there
Old 10-16-2002, 09:10 AM
Registered

Just a little insight to the noise ordinance. Don't read into this that you will not have a problem or vice versa, purely just an FYI. The first time out this year I had to get my trailer weighed (new to me boat w/out weight slip) for registration purposes. I had not had the chance to get the boat sticker yet either. I went to the ramp for the simple purpose of putting my boat in the water to take the trailer to the scales at the Flying J. When I went to the ramp the DNR was sitting at the side of the ramp, primarily looking for people w/ expired registration. I approached the DNR and told him my story. He was very nice about the whole deal and could have just told me to come back at a latter time w/ proper registration, but since it was Saturday & I would have to wait until Monday he didn't do that. What he did was tell me if I pass a full inspection, he would let me put in for a few hours to take care of the trailer. When he got to my exhaust (straight exhaust), he asked if it was o.k. or not. I admitted I had it put on a few weeks prior and it was louder than most boats, but my mechanic used the same materials as the Baja factory. He simply replied oh, o.k..

Moral of the noval.....Don't be mean or do anything that gives the DNR a reason to ticket you. I think they are pretty level headed.
Old 10-16-2002, 09:12 AM
Registered

Just a quickie. I was at the lake this summer and there was a guy there w/ a HTM, blower, straight pipes, etc.. I stood right beside the DNR as we both admired the boat leaving the gas dock. He liked the boat as much as I did, and believe me, it was LOUD!
Old 10-16-2002, 11:26 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Aqua-holic,

Sounds reasonable.
Common sense, etc, etc, etc....
Treat them as you wish to be treated, just like you did, and see the results everyone???

OK, who's gonna be there? It looks like the weather will be decent, no rain, but a bit chilly. No big deal. The boats run better in that stuff anyway.

Remember, 10:00 AM. Sunday the 20th.
Old 10-16-2002, 11:48 AM
Registered

Just saw the noon news report. They gave a very good detail weather report for Sunday because of the Columbus Marathon will be going on. Here is what they said... 44 deg.@8AM 51deg.@noon and 57deg.@3PM. Sunny all day with little clouds. NO RAIN OR SNOW!
Old 10-16-2002, 11:57 AM
Registered

I'm getting pumped , man this week is going to drag.
Old 10-16-2002, 12:12 PM
Registered

Nice avatar. Will she be there too?
Old 10-16-2002, 02:20 PM
Registered

it would be nice but i think she'd be to cold:
Old 10-16-2002, 02:21 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Flyinbrian
Aqua-holic,

Sounds reasonable.
Common sense, etc, etc, etc....
Treat them as you wish to be treated, just like you did, and see the results everyone???

OK, who's gonna be there? It looks like the weather will be decent, no rain, but a bit chilly. No big deal. The boats run better in that stuff anyway.

Remember, 10:00 AM. Sunday the 20th.
Agreed completley. Ill be there around 9:30, need to gas up and vacume out the interior....
Old 10-16-2002, 02:22 PM
Registered

Originally posted by JUST ONCE
it would be nice but i think she'd be to cold:
Well, she will need someone to warm her up...

Quick Reply: OHIO OSOer's! Central Ohio fall shootout.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.