Kilo Record Eludes Fountain >

Kilo Record Eludes Fountain

Notices

Kilo Record Eludes Fountain

Old 03-01-2018, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by 30ftpanther

My like button does not work on this thread but works everywhere else....OSO is a strange place!
Mine doesn't work anywhere.
Old 03-01-2018, 10:37 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by payuppsucker
Mine doesn't work anywhere.
I’ve found if I refresh the page it works
Old 03-02-2018, 06:04 AM
Registered

Received 699 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Most definitely not....
but,maybe the should.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by sutphen 30
but,maybe the should.
yeah but r3 would raise the drives 4” and put 10 blade props on it say it would go 220 etc. lol
Old 03-02-2018, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Now we will see how deep their pockets are. Can we safely say that 200 mph ain't gonna happen?
Old 03-02-2018, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
I have got to be one of the biggest Fountain fans ever, however I just do not understand the approach to this deal. Tons of money into a whole new hull when the original record holder is still out there, rigged and set up to run a number very close to where they want to be. Why would one not just take the proven hull, add some horsepower, update prop tech and just go out there and do it.
I do not mean to make lite of this attempt but can not wonder if this was the prudent route.
If they thought it was gonna be that easy they woulda done that already with a simpler cheaper option.
it' obvious now that to get the existing fountain hull design to break the record it' going to need to be modified. If they thought they could break record in current state they woulda put a new exhaust manifold on and been back at it. That's why fountain team is taking a break and a resett on figuring this thing out.
I have no doubt fountain will test secretly and only come back if they have a set up there confident in can be stable enough to carry that speed throughout the kilo.
every hull design and step placement hits a brick wall for speed at Some point and needs re design.
The idea this was going to be easy was silly and I think that has been proven now. Doesn' mean it can't happen but the ideas people threw around of 200+ mph was ridiculous. My prediction is If anyone can break that speed # average it will be by single digits and it' gonna take a lot of work to get there.
Everyone should give credit where it' due, fountain crew made gains over there last record (great job) but there current set up is not enough to overtake the hard work and setup by the Outerlimits crew and boat that currently hold the record.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hustlerguy
If they thought it was gonna be that easy they woulda done that already with a simpler cheaper option.
it' obvious now that to get the existing fountain hull design to break the record it' going to need to be modified. If they thought they could break record in current state they woulda put a new exhaust manifold on and been back at it. That's why fountain team is taking a break and a resett on figuring this thing out.
I have no doubt fountain will test secretly and only come back if they have a set up there confident in can be stable enough to carry that speed throughout the kilo.
every hull design and step placement hits a brick wall for speed at Some point and needs re design.
The idea this was going to be easy was silly and I think that has been proven now. Doesn' mean it can't happen but the ideas people threw around of 200+ mph was ridiculous. My prediction is If anyone can break that speed # average it will be by single digits and it' gonna take a lot of work to get there.
Everyone should give credit where it' due, fountain crew made gains over there last record (great job) but there current set up is not enough to overtake the hard work and setup by the Outerlimits crew and boat that currently hold the record.
extremely well put !!!
Old 03-02-2018, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
I have got to be one of the biggest Fountain fans ever, however I just do not understand the approach to this deal. Tons of money into a whole new hull when the original record holder is still out there, rigged and set up to run a number very close to where they want to be. Why would one not just take the proven hull, add some horsepower, update prop tech and just go out there and do it.
I do not mean to make lite of this attempt but can not wonder if this was the prudent route.
IMHO, rising from the ashes with the initial intent to go into the Miami Boat show with the kilo record just would not have marketing value by putting the big power Sterlings in a 15 year old boat and saying, "FOUNTAIN is back better than ever!"

Also, was the 2004 Fountain Kilo boat not a "handful" on it's record run?

Looking forward to Fountain's next attempt at 181 - it's only a matter of time and tweeking if they stay committed to the program

Last edited by speicher lane; 03-02-2018 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-02-2018, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

So OL had Fountain people help with the bottom and broke the record, maybe fountain needs OL people to work on the top to get a new record??
Old 03-02-2018, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 460 Likes on 244 Posts

just glad everyone came back in one piece.

was the outerlimits kilo boat hull sides cut down ?
minus any bottom work, was the outerlimits kilo boat out of the mold stock ?

what angle of attack do you think the keel of the new and old fountain kilo boat was running, 3-4 degrees ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.