Notices

Gladiator price hike!!

Old 02-08-2020, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 67 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by BigSilverCat
I shouldn’t be posting these when I’m trying to sell it.

Brother,
These are bulletproof. Just have to massage her along and she’ll run like Secretariat.

Gorgeous shot.
Old 02-08-2020, 08:47 PM
Registered

I pulled some photos and short videos I’ve made over the last few years. I’m ah-t for editing so raw video it is.
Old 02-08-2020, 09:45 PM
Registered

Old 02-08-2020, 10:10 PM
Registered

From when Jordan had her.

Old 02-09-2020, 10:48 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Yes mine drives from the port/left side. It feels more like your driving a sports car then any of the others I have driven since it is what you are familiar with when driving a car.

I never really noticed that most have the square windshield faring instead of the round race fairing like mine.

My cockpit is farther back then most because it is a side by side. I have driven and ridden in both and I prefer the side by side, not just because mine is but because of the way it handles in the rough and turning. I have never had a stagger one out run me in the rough and every one of them had more power then me so that is a superstition.

The cockpit being further back makes the nose feel really long when your driving it, and makes it ride smoother and turn better without having to worry about spinning out. I drove mine like a go cart and turned it harder then anything else I have ever driven and it never slid or acted weird once.

I don’t have to tell you this...
...but that’s a function of having all the weight so far back. The most important part about turning a step bottom boat is keeping the water to hull contact points wetted. Since all of your weight is more rearward due to config; that lends to the handling advantage.

Since your engines and cockpit are further rearward, I’m guessing that your fuel tanks are too. Again, all advantages.

Step bottom boats get into trouble when the driver’s inputs and current water conditions disagree on center of gravity and contact points. The boat picks a different pivot point than expected. And somebody is getting wet.
Old 02-09-2020, 12:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by strugglinToolSalesMan
I'm no expert... but all the Gladiators I've seen are the steering wheel is on the starboard side ??? and that wrap around race faring windshield is COOL...
the cockpit looks even smaller then mine...
there are three cockpit sizes. Tyson mentions the few side-by-side Gladiators which give the largest cockpit. Most are staggered. And, some were build with wider cockpits, but some had a narrower cockpit providing a way to walk around each side to the bow.

mine is the narrow, staggered setup and I love it. The boat isn’t made for family
luxury at the beach.It’s get on, sit down, light your hair on fire and hold on. Absolute Ferrari on water.

these boats don’t fit everyone’s needs. But if you are seeking a sexy, fast, light poker run boat or all-around speedster, get a Gladiator. You’ll be happy you did.
Old 02-09-2020, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

My gladiator has the walk around cockpit also.

something to think about. A gladiator is the biggest “cool” boat that would fit in a standard 40’ container. You can ship a 40’ container from Jacksonville Florida to Dubai for almost the same price as having someone haul the gladiator from Jacksonville to Miami Florida.

you could ship the gladiator to Greece for 2 or 3 thousand. and fly over, run around the islands and then put back into the container to safely store it and ship it to the next place like Dubai for 1-2k then fly there in a couple months and run around then back in container and ship to Australia, ect. You would be able to travel to all the cool destinations in the world with your boat for what people spend to go to poker runs here.
Old 02-09-2020, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

video of a Gladiator running at the texoma poker run around 2004

Old 02-10-2020, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

video of a Gladiator running at the texoma poker run around 2004

https://youtu.be/o0Fb5poPKxs

Sad seeing that Eliminator cat running Texoma. That was Gordon's boat (Flash Gordon) and he died on Texoma at a poker run just a couple years later (5 fatalities total, 2 boat collision Flash Gordon/Nashville Catz)
Old 02-10-2020, 08:30 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Sad seeing that Eliminator cat running Texoma. That was Gordon's boat (Flash Gordon) and he died on Texoma at a poker run just a couple years later (5 fatalities total, 2 boat collision Flash Gordon/Nashville Catz)
didnt the arneson drive break on it and send it into the side of the Nortech?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.