Notices

Gas prices $$

Old 03-22-2022, 08:15 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

The following 6 users liked this post by SB:
1983ScarabIII (03-22-2022), Dean Ferry (03-22-2022), Gimme Fuel (03-23-2022), SABER28 (03-23-2022), TomZ (03-22-2022), Wildman_grafix (03-22-2022)
Old 03-22-2022, 10:26 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

1983ScarabIII (03-22-2022), ICDEDPPL (03-22-2022)
Old 03-22-2022, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

I think Carlson has gone off the rails. From the moment Putin began massing troops on the Ukraine border Carlson has been hellbent on ridiculing anyone who would lift a finger to protest the pending invasion of Ukraine or contest Putin's takeover of Ukraine after it started. One could think Carlson was on Putin's payroll. He acts like the West shouldn't even criticize Putin's because it might draw us into a war. He's been pathetic, weak, outright lying about various representative's positions on sending aid to Ukraine falsely claiming that they wanted to send US troops to directly fight Russians. He's been untruthful and bizarre.

IMO he's been an embarrassment to conservatives and to Fox. His shows of late would make Neville Chamberlain blush for their over-appeasing content. They say Putin is actually broadcasting Carlson's show in Russia to bolster his case for war in Ukraine. I think Carlson has ruined his reputation for good. I no longer trust his judgment on what to broadcast about this conflict or agree with his take on the world.
Old 03-22-2022, 12:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Helmwurst
SEC planning to propose requirement for public companies to report information on greenhouse-gas emissions, risks to climate change, according to WSJ (444.86 +0.34)
I have not read this proposal, but the issue has been coming up for the past several years on shareholder proposal and voted on by the share holders. As far as I know they are always turned down in the voting process. I assume this new proposal would mandate it. Revenue loss' to companies and shareholders.

The former head of the SEC says the regulator is overstepping with its climate disclosure policy

• The former head of the SEC said the regulator is overstepping with its climate policy proposal.
  • "What the SEC is doing here is in essence assuming a climate policy," Jay Clayton told CNBC Tuesday.
  • The SEC is stepping into an area beyond its primary remit, according to Clayton.
The Securities and Exchange Commission proposed new climate disclosure regulations Monday that would require companies to disclose emissions impacts, a plan that the former head of the regulator told CNBC on Tuesday oversteps the SEC's usual remit.

The SEC's proposal would require public companies to report emissions data from their operations, as well as obtain independent certification of their figures. It would also require some companies to report data related to the emissions of customers and vendor.

According to former SEC chair Jay Clayton, the creation of the policy, which essentially is erecting a completely new emissions reporting framework, is outside of the area of responsibility of the regulator.

What the SEC is doing here is in essence assuming a climate policy, because it's picking which metrics are important here and which ones aren't, and you can't do that unless you assume what the climate policy is," Clayton told
Tuesday. According to the SEC, the new proposal is designed for investors to better assess companies' impact on climate change. For investors with ESG mandates, the rules would help them fine tune their investments to reduce their impact on the environment.

Still, without a standardized policy in place, Clayton voiced skepticism about the regulator's ability to craft ESG policy in this way.

"That's not the SEC's role," Clayton said.

The regulator aims to add several new layers of climate reporting requirements on top of current financial regulations. Gary Gensler, the current SEC Chair, clarified on Monday that the new regulations aren't a way for the SEC to advocate for climate goals.

Old 03-22-2022, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
I think Carlson has gone off the rails. From the moment Putin began massing troops on the Ukraine border Carlson has been hellbent on ridiculing anyone who would lift a finger to protest the pending invasion of Ukraine or contest Putin's takeover of Ukraine after it started. One could think Carlson was on Putin's payroll. He acts like the West shouldn't even criticize Putin's because it might draw us into a war. He's been pathetic, weak, outright lying about various representative's positions on sending aid to Ukraine falsely claiming that they wanted to send US troops to directly fight Russians. He's been untruthful and bizarre.

IMO he's been an embarrassment to conservatives and to Fox. His shows of late would make Neville Chamberlain blush for their over-appeasing content. They say Putin is actually broadcasting Carlson's show in Russia to bolster his case for war in Ukraine. I think Carlson has ruined his reputation for good. I no longer trust his judgment on what to broadcast about this conflict or agree with his take on the world.
His lawyers used a interesting argument in defending him.
https://www.findlaw.com/legalblogs/g...porting-facts/

Old 03-22-2022, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Even though I am in the emission monitoring business that is just a completely ridiculous policy. It would be so hard to enforce or regulate besides way over stepping what the SEC should be doing. WTF. I have a hard time thinking it would pass or stay, if it gets passed it will end up in courts until the next administration comes in and gets rid of it.

Originally Posted by Marginmn

The former head of the SEC says the regulator is overstepping with its climate disclosure policy

• The former head of the SEC said the regulator is overstepping with its climate policy proposal.
  • "What the SEC is doing here is in essence assuming a climate policy," Jay Clayton told CNBC Tuesday.
  • The SEC is stepping into an area beyond its primary remit, according to Clayton.
The Securities and Exchange Commission proposed new climate disclosure regulations Monday that would require companies to disclose emissions impacts, a plan that the former head of the regulator told CNBC on Tuesday oversteps the SEC's usual remit.

The SEC's proposal would require public companies to report emissions data from their operations, as well as obtain independent certification of their figures. It would also require some companies to report data related to the emissions of customers and vendor.

According to former SEC chair Jay Clayton, the creation of the policy, which essentially is erecting a completely new emissions reporting framework, is outside of the area of responsibility of the regulator.

What the SEC is doing here is in essence assuming a climate policy, because it's picking which metrics are important here and which ones aren't, and you can't do that unless you assume what the climate policy is," Clayton told CNBC Tuesday. According to the SEC, the new proposal is designed for investors to better assess companies' impact on climate change. For investors with ESG mandates, the rules would help them fine tune their investments to reduce their impact on the environment.

Still, without a standardized policy in place, Clayton voiced skepticism about the regulator's ability to craft ESG policy in this way.

"That's not the SEC's role," Clayton said.

The regulator aims to add several new layers of climate reporting requirements on top of current financial regulations. Gary Gensler, the current SEC Chair, clarified on Monday that the new regulations aren't a way for the SEC to advocate for climate goals.
Old 03-22-2022, 12:33 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

The following 4 users liked this post by SB:
Gimme Fuel (03-23-2022), liberator221 (03-22-2022), TomZ (03-22-2022), Wildman_grafix (03-22-2022)
Old 03-22-2022, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Thank you SonicSS42.

I didn’t realize they had that much in resources.

Guess that’s why there is/was so much corruption??
Old 03-22-2022, 02:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
His lawyers used a interesting argument in defending him.
https://www.findlaw.com/legalblogs/g...porting-facts/
Yes, Rachel Maddow and MSNBC used the same defense multiple times- "We are merely entertainers and no one would take what we say seriously." Ok, then, fine.. But when Chuck Todd invites Maddow's Leftist-ass on Meet the Press to tell America how bad Republican's are he doesn't introduce her as an "Entertainer."

Carlson has billed himself as a conservative. Conservatives don't want shooting wars with nuclear powers but they also don't appease dictators the way Carson has by slanting coverage of Ukraine on his shows of late. Sad. I used to enjoy his takes on politics.

The following users liked this post:
Wildman_grafix (03-22-2022)
Old 03-22-2022, 02:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Even though I am in the emission monitoring business that is just a completely ridiculous policy. It would be so hard to enforce or regulate besides way over stepping what the SEC should be doing. WTF. I have a hard time thinking it would pass or stay, if it gets passed it will end up in courts until the next administration comes in and gets rid of it.
Not to mention how much it will cost public companies to research and comply with all of those bs reporting requirements.

But you are right about some company suing. The case will then make its way up to the SC where Conservatives judges on the SC will follow the law and the Constitution and cite case law out the wazoo that the Constitution only gives to Congress the power to make environmental policy, and Congress gives the EPA some powers to oversee the administration of those laws and policy, but it clearly does not give the SEC such power to mandate Environmental policy.

The Liberal judges on the SC will cite no case law in writing their opinions (because there is no case law to support their opinions) but nonetheless they will rule that the SEC mandating Environmental disclosures on companies is a good thing for society so therefore they feel it is Constitutional. Whomever has more judges on the court will prevail.

Last edited by Marginmn; 03-22-2022 at 03:26 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.