Notices

Gas prices $$

Old 03-30-2022, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 624 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by TomZ View Post
Same here in Hampton Roads. Our home is about three miles from NAS Oceana. You really can’t go anywhere around here that wouldn’t be turned into ash if something did happen.

You know if Nukes really do start flying would you want to be around if there is anything left?
Old 03-30-2022, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 464 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix View Post
You know if Nukes really do start flying would you want to be around if there is anything left?
Pretty sure I'd do a couple shots and get vaporized with a good buzz on.
The following 3 users liked this post by DrFeelgood:
1983ScarabIII (03-30-2022), Wally (03-30-2022), Wildman_grafix (03-30-2022)
Old 03-30-2022, 01:30 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 796 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix View Post
Benefit of living here. If it happens, we're gone. That's much better than the alternative. Would that be considered suicidal thinking or action? I'd hope not. Living in a world similar to something depicted in "The Road" would be something I wouldn't want my family and me having to live through anything like that.

Last edited by TomZ; 03-30-2022 at 03:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Wildman_grafix (03-30-2022)
Old 03-30-2022, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 58 Posts

For you guys on here that want to keep giving my tax dollars to ukraine to defeat putin, and risk starting ww3, I have just one sincere question to ask. WTF has ukraine ever done for the USA ? And, NO, I am not an agent of russia, or carrying water for putin.
open87 (03-30-2022)
Old 03-30-2022, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 241 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Shotgunn View Post
For you guys on here that want to keep giving my tax dollars to ukraine to defeat putin, and risk starting ww3, I have just one sincere question to ask. WTF has ukraine ever done for the USA ? And, NO, I am not an agent of russia, or carrying water for putin.
Well for starters Ukraine voluntary gave up the third largest stockpile of Nuclear Weapons on the planet at our request after the fall of the Soviet Union. They did so in exchange for a guarantee from us that we would protect them from invasion..... should they ever be invaded - because without their nuclear weapons to protect them the chances of them being invaded would be much greater. So they gave them up. Fact is no one would be invading them right now if they had kept those nukes that we asked them to give up. In fact name the last time a country with a bunch of nukes was invaded? I'm drawing a blank.

So there's that principal right there - we gave them our word that we would protect them if they game up their nukes, and now they are being invaded because they did what we asked them to do - give up their nukes. Also, the next time a country is trying to develop nukes and we ask them not to develop nukes... for the safety of mankind and all of that........ well we can't very well do that anymore can we if we just sit back and allow Putin to turn the whole country into rubble... because they gave up their nukes.

There are other reasons. IF you have ever read a history of World War Two you know that appeasing Hitler's land grabs pre-war only made his ambitions grow larger and assured war, not prevent it - but that's a story for another day.
The following 2 users liked this post by Marginmn:
Eddienel (03-30-2022), Wildman_grafix (03-30-2022)
Old 03-30-2022, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 231 Likes on 83 Posts

Marginmn

"So that principal right there - we gave them our word that we would protect them if they game up their nukes, and now they are being invaded because they did what we asked them to do."

I didn't give/ASK them for anything.!!!!!

I have multiple contacts that are very close to having close the doors, for good...they survived Convid , but the increase in input costs , to operate , they can't raise prices any more ....very bad situation caused by the USA trying to police the world.

Old 03-30-2022, 09:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by open87 View Post
Marginmn

"So that principal right there - we gave them our word that we would protect them if they game up their nukes, and now they are being invaded because they did what we asked them to do."

I didn't give/ASK them for anything.!!!!!

I have multiple contacts that are very close to having close the doors, for good...they survived Convid , but the increase in input costs , to operate , they can't raise prices any more ....very bad situation caused by the USA trying to police the world.
We as a country are responsible for the choices of the leaders that we as a country elect and represent us. And our leaders have made very bad choices and policy on our behalf - for a coupe of decades now. When the Soviet Union broke up and we asked Ukraine to give up their nukes, we promised them that we would protect them. At the same time we also promised Russia that we would never push NATO expansion on the former Soviet states that left the USSR. After losing 25 Million+ people in two World Wars I get that they don't want Westerns armies on their borders - I don't understand why the members of NATO can't also understand that. I guess because they are in the business of war.

So what did subsequent US and NATO leadership do? Why of course they dangled the possibility of Ukraine someday joining NATO right in the faces of the Russians. That in of itself does not justify Putin invading Ukraine and turning it into rubble, but it sure gave him cover at home to throw out a plausible reason for why he needed to invade Ukraine. . Up to literally the day Putin invaded Kamala Harris said she thought it was swell that Ukraine wanted to join NATO, her comments went along with the chorus of leaders from both parties who said that Russia does not get to decide who does and does not join NATO. Unfreakingbelievable.

We have elected a series of bad leaders and as I said their bad choices are coming back to haunt all of us. From Bush's trumped-up war in Iraq, to Obama's Arab Spring in Libya and Syria, to Trump undermining and weakening NATO at every turn, to Biden showing pathetic weakness pulling out of Afghanistan, then refusing to back off the possibility of Ukraine joining NATO - constantly spewing the idiotic phrase, "Russia doesn't get to decide who does and doesn't join NATO," to Biden actually saying, "We won't do much if it's only a small incursion!" US and NATO policy has been effed at every turn. Instead of preventing this war before it got started by flying to Europe and having the entire EU jointly promise to not pursue NATO membership for Ukraine, but also stand united in promising to not let an invasion of Ukraine stand if Putin did invade - I don't think he would have gone in. Instead Biden gave every indication that we would do little more than the normal sanctions- then he turned scorched earth on Russia after the fact when it was too late for Putin to back down. It's sad and scary but there is no easy way out now.

And don't even get me started on how banning Russia from using SWIFT (and anyone who trades with them) threatens the US Dollar as the World's reserve currency. Boy you can't even imagine what kind of inflation you would see if that blows up in our faces. Personally, due to the extraordinary levels of inflation already here due to Covid and too much gov stimulus, I seriously would not have put any sanction on Russia. What I would have done is given Putin assurances that we will agree to maintain Ukraine in the future as a neutral country, never to join NATO. That would have allowed Putin to save face with his people. But I also would have made clear that until Putin removed his massed troops from their border, we will supply them with every conventional weapon in our arsenal to help them fight off anyone who invades them. I think that WAR could have been avoided, but not with this clueless bunch in the Biden Admin.

Wally (03-31-2022)
Old 03-30-2022, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn View Post
Well for starters Ukraine voluntary gave up the third largest stockpile of Nuclear Weapons on the planet at our request after the fall of the Soviet Union. They did so in exchange for a guarantee from us that we would protect them from invasion..... should they ever be invaded - because without their nuclear weapons to protect them the chances of them being invaded would be much greater. So they gave them up. Fact is no one would be invading them right now if they had kept those nukes that we asked them to give up. In fact name the last time a country with a bunch of nukes was invaded? I'm drawing a blank.

So there's that principal right there - we gave them our word that we would protect them if they game up their nukes, and now they are being invaded because they did what we asked them to do - give up their nukes. Also, the next time a country is trying to develop nukes and we ask them not to develop nukes... for the safety of mankind and all of that........ well we can't very well do that anymore can we if we just sit back and allow Putin to turn the whole country into rubble... because they gave up their nukes.

There are other reasons. IF you have ever read a history of World War Two you know that appeasing Hitler's land grabs pre-war only made his ambitions grow larger and assured war, not prevent it - but that's a story for another day.
Respectfully, the question still stands. I do agree with your WW2 analogy, however times are different now. NATO was created for this very reason. Speaking of NATO I wonder why ukraine was not admitted? I guess my frustration comes down to this one FACT, we are more concerned about a border in Europe than we are with our own border. We need to worry about America first.
liberator221 (03-31-2022)
Old 03-30-2022, 10:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Shotgunn View Post
Respectfully, the question still stands. I do agree with your WW2 analogy, however times are different now. NATO was created for this very reason. Speaking of NATO I wonder why ukraine was not admitted? I guess my frustration comes down to this one FACT, we are more concerned about a border in Europe than we are with our own border. We need to worry about America first.
The very people who are choosing to have high energy prices in order to push the adoption of Inefficient Green power hate the make up of our country, it’s history, and probably hate the country too. They are choosing to make it over by not only having, but advertising open borders for literally the rest of the world to pour through. Like I said, bad leadership - bad choices.

Problem is that although the majority of Americans are fed up with the Progressive agenda, they are also fed up with Trump and his antics. Trump is probably the only Republican candidate that the Dems could beat in 2024, but despite the fact that he tried to get his VP to overturn the election on Jan 6th, if the primaries were held today he’d probably win the nomination- then lose in the election - like he did last time to a geriatric with half a functioning brain. Gwad I hope Trump doesn’t run and Desantis does.

The following 3 users liked this post by Marginmn:
Eddienel (03-31-2022), Quinlan (03-31-2022), TomZ (03-31-2022)
Old 03-31-2022, 05:46 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn View Post
Problem is that although the majority of Americans are fed up with the Progressive agenda, they are also fed up with Trump and his antics. Trump is probably the only Republican candidate that the Dems could beat in 2024, but despite the fact that he tried to get his VP to overturn the election on Jan 6th, if the primaries were held today he’d probably win the nomination- then lose in the election - like he did last time to a geriatric with half a functioning brain. Gwad I hope Trump doesn’t run and Desantis does.
That's what I have been thinking all along.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.