Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who has a 'named' boat?  And what's its story... >

Who has a 'named' boat? And what's its story...

Notices

Who has a 'named' boat? And what's its story...

Old 06-18-2021, 06:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed Junkies
Nice timing. We are just about to get back into boating with my wife and now 3yrs old son. Going to start slow just to see how things work out. Just picking up our purchased Thundercraft Temptation 265.

Looking at naming it TARA-fied, after my wife Tara! Haven't told here yet. The current owner has no name on the boat so nothing special to change the name.
curious how that is going to go over with your wife 😂😂
Old 06-18-2021, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 580 Likes on 239 Posts

I’m tempted to slam my 43 year old survivor back together and Run it as is.

Name.

Hot Mess.
Old 06-21-2021, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3rd owner as far as I can tell. First owner I have no clue what or if it was named. Second owner was a Charter Boat Capt, that owned a Sport shop so the business was the boat name and I had to change it. I had the Fonts and Color Scheme duplicated in order to ward off any demons when I renamed it. The name I came up with was a result of my recent fathers passing. He and I would generally greet each other with " Heyyyy Bobiioo" and my response was "Heyyyy Daddioooo" God I miss him. Can't post pic as a rookie here.
Old 06-21-2021, 01:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Here's a comical thread from 17 years ago and a glimpse of what OSO used to be like... Boat naming suggestions!! - Page 3 - Offshoreonly.com I ended up going with "Old School". We are now looking for Old School V.

Old School -31 Bullet

Old School II

Old School III

Old School IV
Funny thing, in a drawer at my house in Florida is a beer Koozie that says "Old School II" on it. I have no idea where i got it or where it came from....
Old 06-21-2021, 09:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by erik1976
Funny thing, in a drawer at my house in Florida is a beer Koozie that says "Old School II" on it. I have no idea where i got it or where it came from....
LMAO... Those coozies are Nationwide. I think that we had 600 of them made... and I have 5 or 6 left.

Old 06-21-2021, 11:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Here’s an old one I bought around 1982(?) an ex race boat and the seller wanted the name for his next boat so I agreed to change it…..
Back then, names were painted on and I didn’t have enough $$ to repaint the boat so I bought yellow paint and black paint and carefully changed the first letter from’D” to “R’.
Dalek to Ralek.

No bad karma, the boat was one of my old favorites and never had any issues. 🙂

RR
The following users liked this post:
speicher lane (06-22-2021)
Old 06-22-2021, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

While on a Yacht delivery a few years ago, I got on this discussion with my Co-Captain about changing the name of a boat.
He informed me that from what he know's there's only two ways to achieve this without bad-luck, the first being to #1 "intentionally run your boat aground" the other is to #2 "have a virgin pee on the bow"!
Not real interested in doing plan #1 to my boat & I don't know any girls that fall into the #2 option that I would let on my boat...
rak rua (06-22-2021)
Old 06-22-2021, 07:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by Cwillis
While on a Yacht delivery a few years ago, I got on this discussion with my Co-Captain about changing the name of a boat.
He informed me that from what he know's there's only two ways to achieve this without bad-luck, the first being to #1 "intentionally run your boat aground" the other is to #2 "have a virgin pee on the bow"!
Not real interested in doing plan #1 to my boat & I don't know any girls that fall into the #2 option that I would let on my boat...
Long time ago I was a broker and sold a 48’ workboat (fishing) to a couple of Aussies originally from Italy. Boat was an old repo but they rebuilt it beautifully. On launch day, they called me in to have a drink and bless the boat. A few other fishos onboard, lots of whiskey and then everyone had to pee on the back deck for the blessing! Kinda disgusting but it was done with humor and the owners believed in it. The boat did get a new name too.

RR
Old 06-23-2021, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default No wins

I purchased a boat in need of a serious cleanup and minor repairs hoping I could turn a profit for my efforts My wife was speaking in tongues for several weeks after discovering I had bought it. Fast forward the boat cleaned up beautifully beyond my expectations as well as hers. Guess what she fell in love with it and didn’t let me put it up for sale for over ten years. Her name “Gail” boat name “Gail Wins” The pontoon boat was custom built by a neighbor on our river. It was made completely out of stainless steel tipping the scales at 5 tons with some Sunbrella canvas adding some color, measuring 33’ feet long with a 12’ beam. Two 85HP Force outboards sucked the gas and required constant tender loving care. Never got anywhere fast, but going slow allowed more time to create even more good memories.

Last edited by GailWins; 06-24-2021 at 01:44 PM.
Cwillis (07-08-2021)
Old 06-24-2021, 07:05 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Flag waving, Constitution loving Veteran lovingly referred to as part of the "LUNATIC FRINGE" these days.
The following 3 users liked this post by the deep:
Dean Ferry (06-28-2021), HawkX66 (07-08-2021), miller high life (06-25-2021)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.