Like Tree0Likes

That Damn Dui Thread... Crap

Old 01-02-2003, 01:45 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1990 Baja 190 DSR

Also if the cops are following you, one thing they look for big here in ohio is if your staying in marked lanes. I guess I am always drinking and driving cos I never stay in marked lanes!!
Old 01-02-2003, 01:46 PM
packinair

Quote:
Originally posted by florida gator

BTW Packinair, are you gonna defend yourself at all. Traviss is kicking the $hit out of you in another thread.
Patience grasshopper

Old 01-02-2003, 01:49 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1996 Wellcraft Scarab Sport & 1990 Donzi GT210

I new you wouldn't let us down.
Old 01-02-2003, 02:55 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1992 450hp Senza Spectre 25'

I've taking a few Failure to complie's
with my vette, it was better than the dui
also outran quite a few of them, always had my police scanner in the car, they would still come to your house and try to drag u away though, 500 bucks to my lawyer took care of that ,no charges! BUT THEY WILL START PULLING YOU OVER FOR ANTHING
CAUSE YOU PISSED THEM OFF.
END RESULTS , I SOLD THE CAR IT HAD A BAD REPUTATION

Last edited by wwwTOPDJcom; 01-02-2003 at 02:58 PM.
Old 01-02-2003, 04:15 PM
Registered

Troutly,
I agree don't take the chance. I would like your response to a piece of advice given to me by a Police Lieutenant certified to administer breath-alyzers and also my brother. If stopped and you know you are drunk refuse all field sobriety tests and ask to take the breath-alyzer. Take a deep breath belch to bring raw alcohol into your mouth then blow. The test will not register due to the raw alcohol. Put down the tube and state you have complied fully with the law. You will probably be charged but without field sobriety evidence or actual failure to take the test you have complied with the law and there is no actual evidence to support the fact you were intoxicated.
I know you have no desire to tell people how to get out of a DUI if they are taking the chance of taking a life or killing themself, I just wondered.
Old 01-02-2003, 05:13 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally posted by skat
Troutly,
.......... Take a deep breath belch to bring raw alcohol into your mouth then blow. ............

Or better yet, just let out a big PUKE into the breath-alyzer and tell him, "Yep I am drunk". LOL
Old 01-02-2003, 05:21 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

My Boats: 1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454

Intoxilyzer 5000 ......... Is that like the Earth Space modulator

Hear in Mass, and my only experience to this is a case I sat in on at Jury Duty, is that if you refuse the breathalizer that is inadmisable in court????? Odd deal I thought, but he Teddy buttface Kennedy has to protect himself some how!!!!! So if you refuse the test you are more of less going to get a lighter sentance or even get off all together. You will loose your license for I think it is 40-90 days (can not remember) but after that you are set. Seems stupid but I know plenty of people that play that game including a freind that her drunk driving finally cought up to her and she drove off the road, totalled her brand new truck and messed up her face on the wheel she was so messed up!!!! She refused the breathalizer, and today is driving around doing the same stupid ****!!!!
Old 01-02-2003, 10:19 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1996 Wellcraft Scarab Sport & 1990 Donzi GT210

Kepin mind everyone #1 on my list was don't do it. I don't condone it and don't do it myself if I have been drinking quite a bit. Alcohol affects everyone differently. Here in Fl the level is .08. I am told that is approx 2 beers per hour for a man my size (6'1" 130 lbs). At that point I am not a "drunk driver". I also closed by saying that I was not giving legal advice. I have several friends who sit at both ends of the courtroom, cops and defense attorneys.

Troutly, you obviously are more sohisticated with these intricacies than the avg cop. I would venture to guess that you may qualify as a DUI expert and probably serve on some sort of task force related to this. What will not work on you would probably still work on the average officer.
Old 01-02-2003, 11:23 PM
Registered

This seems to be a popular subject lately (the holidays I guess). Not trying to be a smart a$$ here but why all the gimics to try? There not going to work. How about just using a designated driver if people are gonna be out drinking? Seems simple enough...
Old 01-02-2003, 11:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1991 F311SR1

Yeah, as HP brought up -

What actually happens if you force-feed a big stinky mouthful of puke into the Intoxilyzer 5000?

Does it ask for another sample?
Does it get pissed off and sentence you to death row?
Does it get drunk and shoot pool with you?
Does it check itself into the Betty Ford clinic?
or
Does it start one of those chain-reaction pie-eating contest puke-a-thon's where everybody gets sick from seeing it and pukes on the guy next to them?