That Damn Dui Thread... Crap

Old 01-04-2003, 11:44 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1988 Cruisers 2800 Rogue

Geez, are all cops democrats?
Old 01-05-2003, 10:38 AM
Registered

Privilege? Maybe in New York City or a few other very large cities, but for the rest of of is, it's a necessity. It stopped being a privilege many years ago. Getting to work, shopping for food, you name it, cant be done without a car. Take that away from someone and you remove their ability to function in society. If stopping DUI was the real intent, there are much more effective methods. Most watering holes only have a few escape routes and if they were targeted everynight for a month, the bar wouldn't survive. It wouldnt take long to close them all. Better yet, why not just make alcohol illegal? Oh yea, they tried that once, it didnt work. Ever wonder why so many kids today use drugs? Ive spent some time working in dry counties, the drug use was rampant to the point where employers had to stop testing for it, they couldnt find enough people that passed. You want to make the streets safer? Enforce all the traffic laws, for everybody, all the time. Heck, with everybody having cell phones today, have a national "bad driver" cell hotline. Id be glad to help you catch some of the more serious nuts. This 75-80 mph stuff is fine for me in my sports car but not safe for the majority of people or vehicles I see driving. I digress, I dont believe that driving is a privilege anymore. That may be whats on the books but its not realistic.
Old 01-05-2003, 11:19 AM
Registered

My Boats: 31 Scarab Thunder

Troutly and Srobak: The non alcohol impairment thing that really gets me going is the 70 year old woman who can barely see over the dash of her Buick Roadmaster, cant move her head more than 20 degrees to make a decent lane change, yet is driving around WITH A POODLE IN HER LAP!!!! I basically drive for a living and see it a couple of times a month. Please tell me you have busted one of these people!!!!! And what articale of law do you use to prosecute this offence.
Old 01-05-2003, 11:47 AM
Registered

My Boats: 1996 Wellcraft Scarab Sport & 1990 Donzi GT210

Troutly, in your opinion would it slow the intoxication process if you drink a glass of water in between every couple of drinks? I do that from time to time, and it always seems like I feel less intoxicated by the end of the night.
Old 01-05-2003, 12:34 PM
Registered

Ah, but it is and you cant stop it. It seems to be human nature to want some form of drug induced escape. Do you drink coffee or smoke? Then you are one of us too. Seriously, Im old enough to have watched the big shift from alcohol to drugs. Just in my area, there are probably only 10% of the bars there were 25 years ago. In a perfect world we would all be happy the way we are but I dont see that happening any time soon.

At least alcohol used to be legal, the drugs arent and we have created a large group of people who have no problem using illegal drugs recreationally. Continued focus on alcohol will only further this shift.

I know someone personally (actually more than one) who has switched to grass even though they still go to bars. They feel much less likely to be stopped or prosecuted when they are high than if they were drunk. And following them while driving is interesting. " Can anybody possibly drive that slow".

Has their ever been any studies done on the level of imparement between alcohol and grass as it relates to driving? BTW, I dont use grass because I can't do much of anything except eat while stoned, especially driving.
Old 01-05-2003, 12:38 PM
Registered

oops that post was in response to troutly and not srobak. i type slow
Old 01-05-2003, 12:48 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1992 450hp Senza Spectre 25'

Quote:
Originally posted by florida gator
Kepin mind everyone #1 on my list was don't do it. I don't condone it and don't do it myself if I have been drinking quite a bit. Alcohol affects everyone differently. Here in Fl the level is .08. I am told that is approx 2 beers per hour for a man my size (6'1" 130 lbs). At that point I am not a "drunk driver". I also closed by saying that I was not giving legal advice. I have several friends who sit at both ends of the courtroom, cops and defense attorneys.

Troutly, you obviously are more sohisticated with these intricacies than the avg cop. I would venture to guess that you may qualify as a DUI expert and probably serve on some sort of task force related to this. What will not work on you would probably still work on the average officer.

Are u sure u weight only 130lbs at 6'1" damn what are they
feeding you boy
Old 01-05-2003, 01:25 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1996 Wellcraft Scarab Sport & 1990 Donzi GT210

Quote:
Originally posted by WWW TOPDJ COM
Are u sure u weight only 130lbs at 6'1" damn what are they
feeding you boy
Oops, 230. My bad.
Old 01-05-2003, 01:43 PM
Registered

My Boats: boating
Default DWI

All I know,is in NY with a cdl,its .04 and im not gonna loose my lisence tripps
Old 01-05-2003, 01:49 PM
AttitudeAdjusta

Troutly, how do you choke down them donuts without coffee?

You left yourself wide open for that one.

Last edited by AttitudeAdjusta; 01-05-2003 at 01:52 PM.