Notices

Offshore Race ???

Old 02-23-2003, 08:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gator, I can't remember the name of the hotel we stayed in, but it was right next to the Fountain ( ) . The Fountain had the bar we watched the races from. I believe that was the hotel that Typhoon had their boat parked also.

Does anyone know if they are using the same course this year?
Old 02-23-2003, 09:00 PM
xtremeracingf1

Randy,
Will you be in St.Cloud????

Frank
Koolhand

Old 02-23-2003, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Gator, I have been to Tampa, Daytona, and Bahamas, Key West, and my advice is to save your money and spend a week in Key West, it is the best venue.

My 02 cents

Randy
Old 02-23-2003, 11:06 PM
xtremeracingf1

Gator,
Being you are from Florida check out SBI's web site most of their races are in Florida . Starting with Miami last weekend of April.Apba has a few good ones in Florida also,dont miss Daytona.

Frank
Koolhand

Old 02-28-2003, 07:39 AM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by xtremeracingf1
Gmhdfan,
Yes we do party,but when the flag drops the bull**** stops.Any time you think you can hang with the big boys,we can put your ass in a seat and see how you do then you can put your 2cents in.Some people always have negative things to say and that why the sport will never get any better.You have a new fan online and already you give him a taste of the bull**** and blow smoke you his a$$.If everyone one would be alittle more posative it would be better for the sport not APBA or SBI but the sport.Every racer SBI and APBA put their life on the line every thime they get in a boat and all for the fan.All you can say is we dont race by the book,what book would that be??? APBA book.So I guess what your saying is APBA is the Bible and everyone has to agree with their rules...WRONG.Do you rhome work before you talk....

Frank
Koolhand
I flew all the way to NJ to be a sweep boat for the Point Pleasent race. I took the SBI people out on practice day so they could see where to set the course pillows. And let the rescue divers come on board so YOU guys could pratice. It was the first SBI race I have gone to since OPT. (NOW they had it going on!!) I was disappointed in the # of boats that showed up (compared to APBA) I know this was not a national race but the SBI #'s are never there. Now clue me in on what happened to the airbox thing that went on at the NY race. I tried to do my homework and stay on top of this but it dragged on for so long I don't think anything happened. Didn't some of the racers boycott the N.O. race? If these guys are going to invest thier time and money in a series and then be cheated, thats just not right!!! I'm not starting a APBA-SBI thing. A bad day at the races is better than a good day at work It's just that when I take my famiy to a race it ends up costing me atlest a $1000.00 and I find it hard to justify spending that kind of money at a SBI race. Sorry if I offened you. Good luck with your racing season. This is a place to exchange info (good or bad) and that was just my .02 but what do I know?

Pete