Notices

Boat Technology

Old 12-23-2003, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My step bottom Gun runs great in rough water. Sean has run my boat, so he could probably answer any questions.

I have been over this more times than I can remember on here. There are some people that just hate step bottom boats for some reason (some probably have not ridden in one).

I have had my boat in 8-10's, and although I was a little sore the next day the boat handled it very well. The only damaged sustained to the boat was both bilge pumps were snapped off.

My boat runs over 80 with stock 500 efi's. Another non-step Gun that runs out here runs the same speed with Procharged 500's. I love my boat.

Steps Work!!!
Old 12-23-2003, 10:41 AM
WickedWon

Default I Don't Hate Steps.

It's not the steps, it's the manufacturers claims that I hate. As soon as somebody says " it's stepped" all common sense seems to go out the window! Well I for one live and die by FACTS not brochure BS. People who should know better find themselves with brand new underperforming boats and a builder making excuses time and time again. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS MAGIC, GET IT? To imply that a 38 - 40' V bottom with small power ( under 575 hp ?) rigged for real world use ( ie the junk we all carry) propped for real world use, and carrying more than 50 gal of gas is gonna run 100mph is just silly......even if it does have a cool logo

Old 12-23-2003, 10:49 AM
Registered

I agree with that. Even My cat, which would run close to 110, would only run in the 95-100 range with a reasonable load of fuel, people, gear ect...

There are some people on here though that have made comments that steps do not work. That they are simply a gimmick to sell boats. Well I don't agree.
Old 12-23-2003, 11:00 AM
Registered

I hate BS so I agree. Like they say...show me. Put fuel, put stuff put the props that it run with and lets go. cb
Old 12-23-2003, 11:03 AM
WickedWon

Originally posted by cbdragon
I hate BS so I agree. Like they say...show me. Put fuel, put stuff put the props that it run with and lets go. cb
Are you standing behind John's boat for the 100mph with 525's ?

Old 12-23-2003, 12:31 PM
Registered

No I didn't say that I said you can run 100 with standard power. 575's ITS/XR and the short lower with a full year warranty on the total package. And you can do that in a big boat.........36-37-38-39 foot vee bottom. I will stand behind John'd boat running [since that's the question] 94.7 but not 95 today with fuel 160 gallons , safety kit, bumpers [4] with holders, cover and 4 people including me. ice chest empty, porta potty empty, stereo- on, drink holders, anchor and line, and 3 towels, and a sun cushion. I think you will see 525 vee boats running 98 soon. But this is only what I think. But I can prove the above. Mercury can prove the above. Also about 8 other people. I think for the performance boater that is a very good thing for all boats brands. It has to be the customer with out them there is no market. cb
Old 12-23-2003, 12:43 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SPIDER MAN
Old 12-23-2003, 12:53 PM
Registered

That's the other for sure. Again that is only my opinion. cb
Old 12-23-2003, 03:12 PM
WickedWon

Default Thats Still Smoking !

If the Dragon runs solidly in the 90's ( and is comfortable doing it) when it arrives up here I will be very very impressed and happy for both of you but especially for John who has been unusually patient during this project. But I thought the initial criteria when the project began ( according to John) was 100mph on 525's ? I hate the # because it's become the holy grail, and somehow any boat that doesn't "allegedly" go that fast is some how, regardless of how it handles or works, less of a boat. The manufacturers are the ones who have created this monster ( or misconception) so that it rolls off everyones tongue without a real understanding of the costs, dangers and commitment to operate these things.

John has spent a lot of time in my boat and I'm really looking forward to my first ride in the Dragon !

My boy with "the Logo" I can tell ya he digs everything about your rig
Attached Thumbnails Boat Technology-picture-024.jpg  

Old 12-23-2003, 03:36 PM
Registered

You are correct about some manufactures or dealers or there sale people. My goal is to run 100 with the 525's and all the stuff. On the first pass at 92. something John would tell you I was happy but it wasn't good enough, I wasn't disappointed but I wanted more. If the Dragon can't bring something special to the market who needs another performance boat. Dragon included. There are plenty of good performance boats available. John went out and took a chance I want him to be more than happy, it should be special. I want the owner of the second one to feel the same. The three changes we made to John's boat with the stuff in it got the Dragon to 94.7. Do you know how many times I tried for that 95 mark? She would make run after run at the same speed GPS. Any way I hope you have a nice Christmas and tell your son he needs more than a Dragon sticker it will be waiting for him at the Cleveland Boat Show. Craig

Quick Reply: Boat Technology

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.