Notices

Boating in Georgia ???

Old 01-05-2004, 02:43 PM
Twin screws

Brian is right, there are deals on the lake if you have time to look. Being from New York, the prices will probably look pretty good. We have a place on Lanier and we live in Roswell. It takes 25 minutes to get there and be on the water. If you buy a house on the water you want need to dock your boat at a marina, you will want to dock it at your house. Give me a call cig1988, and I will help anyway I can. (404-867-9234)
Robert

Old 01-05-2004, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Cig 1988, Lake Lanier is a great place to live and boat.
The trip into Norcross would take 35 minutes or so with no traffic from the West side of the lake (Cumming). It can also take up to nearly an hour in rush hour traffic.
I would plan on 400k plus for a decent home on the lake. You can find some in the 300s but they are more like cabins or weekend homes. Like everyone has said,
some deals are out there.
Good luck!
Greg
Old 01-06-2004, 06:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is too cool! I am talking to the "somebody" about the transfer opportunity this afternoon. Started looking on the web for real estate. If everything goes well with the conversation I'll be booking a flight very soon. I thank you all for the input on this. So far I like what I see!
Old 01-06-2004, 07:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This is too cool! I am talking to the "somebody" about the transfer opportunity this afternoon. Started looking on the web for real estate. If everything goes well with the conversation I'll be booking a flight very soon. I thank you all for the input on this. So far I like what I see!
Old 01-06-2004, 07:28 AM
Twin screws

This is cool, I didn't know there were so many OSO'ers boating in Ga. We should all try and hook-up sometime.

Old 01-06-2004, 12:26 PM
Mr. Demeanor

Any of you guys boat on the Georgia coast. We did some boating out of St. Mary's last summer on the way home from looking for property in Florida. REally like the area but dont know much about it. The town and others along the coast were beuatiful but the area inland a bit seemed pretty depressed. Lots of trailers and dumps. We are still looking for an area wher my wife can have her horses, be close to the coast for boating, and be a nice area. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Old 01-06-2004, 12:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

do y'all mind another yankee moving in?
Old 01-06-2004, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Twin screws
This is cool, I didn't know there were so many OSO'ers boating in Ga. We should all try and hook-up sometime.
You on Lanier? Hell boys, next time the weather says over 60-65 the drain plugs are goin back in. I just pulled em this morning because its supposed to be cold the next couple of nights.
Old 01-06-2004, 12:40 PM
Registered

Originally posted by cig1988
do y'all mind another yankee moving in?
Hell they'll ***** at ya.

When the locals ask you why you moved down, tell someone has to run the place....
Old 01-06-2004, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cig1988. Sure come on down. I migrated here in 98' via WestNyack (good ol' Rockland county) from LexKY, from Mechanicsburg PA from Tampa FLA. (in stealth mode)

So I could be a northern spy.

I'm also in the Cumming area just of x14 on RT400. (I am probably 1mile south of the lake as the crow flys, and can hear the boys on the weekends).

.........the lake is excellent..... company out there and the local boat clubs just as excellent!!

Bob

Quick Reply: Boating in Georgia ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.