Notices

I Love Broker-ese

Old 03-17-2004, 02:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about when they try to sell a used boat for the same price or higher then what they paid?

or

1998 boat with only 45 hours YEA RIGHT!
Old 03-17-2004, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ME: Hello,,, I'm calling about the 28 you have for sale...

salesman: of course you are,, that boats a 10...

ME: I'm driving 5 hours to come look at it.

Get there, the out drive is gone, the hydraulic steering is hanging in the mud, the motor is in the shop, the cover is ripped, the paint is trashed, the carpets are trashed, the 3' by 1' spot where they fixed it with marine tex is so obvious, the mold mildew soda cans dirty laundry in the cabin makes you wanna puke, the bottom is black and all scraped from the fork lift, the boat was repo-ed.. I ask the guy,, this boat is a 10 ?? OUT OF WHAT,, TEN THOUSAND...

silly me was pissed because in the pic he had posted there was a foot print on the sun pad, i'm like what idiot walked on there with his shoes on ?? needless the say the boat was the biggest P.O.S I have seen and it was an 01...
Old 03-18-2004, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to look at a boat one time that the broker said "Needed a littlle cleaning...But was a very nice boat". I even knew the broker. I show up with the potential buyer, open the cabin door. The rain the week before flooded the cabin and mixed the Poop and Vomit together on the carpet. Sickest thing I ever saw.

My Buyer actually made an offer for a reasonable price...$15K less than they were asking. And the Broker said that was "Insulting and he would not entertain it!"

NICE!
Old 03-18-2004, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about the guy that advertises his boat has a GPS... and when you look at the dash and say... Where's the GPS... he shows you a small hand held... duh...