Fu*%ing Theives

Old 05-30-2004, 03:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default Re: Fu*%ing Theives

Originally Posted by Dave F
I second that!!! I'm all for being able to defend by any/all means necessary.
WoW -------- ANY ? well that means then when a Highschool fight breaks out it's ok that a kid gets killed because he was going to get beat in a fist fight. because he was going to loose he figures to hell with it I'll just stab him and kill him then I won. rather then takin his lumps n going home.

Too many people would resort back to western style shooting matches. then why fight or try to sort out anything. I'll just pull out my gun and shoot to win ( it's the easy way out )
Old 05-30-2004, 03:31 PM
jtmiller02

as ron white says... "when other states are trying to abolish the death penalty, Texas is putting in an express lane"

I don't think theres much need to argue about how threatened you must feel before you should be allowed to shoot a criminal, however my point is...when something bad happens to a criminal, they're getting what they had coming.

Old 05-30-2004, 03:33 PM
Registered

What are the facts? How do we know the guy's life wasn't threatened when he heard noises at night on HIS property and walked out with protection??
My main point is someone on my property, late at night.
I will walk out with protection when the warnings are activated and yes I will be very scared also.
Old 05-30-2004, 03:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Troutly
Someone explain the reasonable justification for shooting someone for stealing personal property...
I hear ya. Unless me or someone else is being "fired" at; it's a job for the poilce and later the insurance company. Then a beer and forget it. I worked in an ER and saw people who were shot daily. Once over a tree that was on a property line and a little 64 yo lady died from a shotgun blast. After you see enough of this you get "jaded" as our buddy previously mentioned the other day for those working the "hood".

Last edited by Hydrocruiser; 05-30-2004 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-30-2004, 03:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CAP071
Oh I knew this was going to open a can of worms.

The state of NJ is saying why would a man walk out of his (safe house) out to his yard and shoot and kill a person with NO weapon. Who was ( maybe) ( probably) stealing his ATV. Where was this guy's life threatened? where was he ever in danger or fear ?Hmmmmmm Makes me wonder.

what if I'm walking up to the same exact truck as mine. since Dodge makes 10,000 + rams same color. Now some guy sees me trying to get in and shoots me because he ( Thought) I was going to steal his truck.

Sorry, But this guy in Nj had no right or reason to leave his house and blow this guys head off for stealing a ATV. if He gets away with it 100% that means now, we can blow a kids head off for stealing a lawn mower. Can you imagine if cops thought like this guy? They would be shooting ever person they pulled over " Oh I thought he was going to do something so I shot him anyway" Nah sorry but this guy was wrong.
Insurance.

I could see a warning shot, into the ground, but actually shooting someone, even if they have broken into your car as pretty dumb. Your stereo, and damage- 2k. Or, Bail for murder, 300k, then attorney fees, etc.
Old 05-30-2004, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Now that is a good idea. "Owner of business working late kills intruders that threatened poor business man." You think the word MAY get out on the street when that hits the news???
I would gaurantee it wouldnt be 4 memorials in a row.. OK then, dont shoot them just beat the ever loving schit out of him.
Old 05-30-2004, 04:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Troutly could you elaborate on an officers duty not to retreat. How do they call the shots in these situations?
Old 05-30-2004, 04:27 PM

Angry Re: Fu*%ing Theives

Originally Posted by CAP071
Oh I knew this was going to open a can of worms.

The state of NJ is saying why would a man walk out of his (safe house) out to his yard and shoot and kill a person with NO weapon. Who was ( maybe) ( probably) stealing his ATV. Where was this guy's life threatened? where was he ever in danger or fear ?Hmmmmmm Makes me wonder.

what if I'm walking up to the same exact truck as mine. since Dodge makes 10,000 + rams same color. Now some guy sees me trying to get in and shoots me because he ( Thought) I was going to steal his truck.

Sorry, But this guy in Nj had no right or reason to leave his house and blow this guys head off for stealing a ATV. if He gets away with it 100% that means now, we can blow a kids head off for stealing a lawn mower. Can you imagine if cops thought like this guy? They would be shooting ever person they pulled over " Oh I thought he was going to do something so I shot him anyway" Nah sorry but this guy was wrong.

Well lets think about this for a minute, say a guy comes up (now I don't know you, if your married or not, kids or not) and your family is in a vehicle at a station and a guy comes up to your vehicle and takes it while your in the store. Now he has no weapons but just wants the vehicle. He lets your family out 1/4 mile ahead and drives off. Next he visits your house the next day and decides since you had such a nice vehicle he would break into your house, go through your personals and your wives, kids and such. Now he has no weapons. Remember this. Next he spreads graffiti(sp?_) all over your house, placing you in total He11 while you walk through the back door to find that three guys are tearing up your house. You know that because you hunt there is a gun under the bed. Do you run out the back door, defend yourself or act like a total ***** and let them beat he heck out of you. Now for the ones that have had this happen to them in the past this is what they are feeling.

Several guys give the scenario(sp) of childish acts and ridiculous lawsuits about school kids and such but where do we draw the line!!!!!?????

When an adult decides to invade my property and take what is mine, he/she better be ready to reap the results of coming in to my household uninvited. You better believe he will get some lead in the butt.

Now on the other hand say a child/teenager breaks into my house and I can get a hold of him, Believe me he will a belt whooping like he never got before. I do believe that there is a thick line between adult and teenager.

Come to my house and steal something, you better be leaving the state. Its just not right. If its that easy, why don't I just steal one of your boats that you put your blood, sweat, tears, and late nights into. Besides the insurance will pay for it anyway, right?
Old 05-30-2004, 04:29 PM
packinair

Originally Posted by Troutly

PS....Great dialoge here and points of view from all in an adult manner without name calling. Keep it coming
My mom can beat up your mom and I think your an a$$hole

Could not have a totaly adult thread

Hyper, when I had 8 people at gun point in my front yard and the sherriff across the street had 3 at gun point, I was told after the fact by the sherriff that I was 110% justified to drop them all, but if I had fired a warning shot I would have been charged and lost my CCW... NO WARNING SHOTS PERIOD, not for cops, not for anyone

Old 05-30-2004, 04:34 PM

Just so this doesnt get out of hand, Im not name calling just stressssssing my .02. Have a great weekend.

Quick Reply: Fu*%ing Theives

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser