Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain >

Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain

Notices

Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain

Old 08-08-2004, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet but rumor in the pits was a intercooler broke and hydrauliced the motor. Just a rumor!

Originally Posted by Downtown42

I cannot understand why OL would not have re-built with 27hrs at a 30 hr preferred build time-frame. They need to be done soon and with all that is on the line, doesn't make sense to me.

http://www.racecrafters.biz/
Old 08-08-2004, 03:46 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydrocruiser
Right! So taking what you said to heart do you bring a fresh engine to a KILO full-bore series of run's or one ready for a re-build?

'nuff said
Again,

Who ever stated that they were ready for a rebuild??? Where did this even come from?

No one seems to want to owe up to where this information came from.

So guess it is not a factual statement as far as I am concerned.....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 08-08-2004, 04:16 PM
Registered

I surely did not mean to spread any rumors. Just going on previous post re:27 hrs. This is the internet and who knows what the story is.

Post 102.......

Yesterday, 06:49 PM #102
mcollinstn
Toilet PhD
Gold Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hydrocruiser,

Fountain won this matchup. Period.

That, however, doesn't make OL junk or crap. There wasn't a "proper" showdown due to mechanical issues.

Should OL have brought an additional $250,000 worth of Racecrafter spares? If you take the events of today in consideration, then the answer is certainly YES. But I don't know that there ARE a "spare" pair of RC 2000's lying around to take.

If these motors are scheduled for 30 hour rebuilds and were at 27 hours, then there is no particular reason to expect a breakage.

Was OL unprepared, apparently YES, they were unprepared for the loss of a motor.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>
Old 08-08-2004, 04:27 PM
Registered

Here's OL boy that says he knows. Why won't he share???
Spill the beans. There is always a next time to get it on.
Unfortunately OL lost this one.

08-06-2004, 04:29 PM #30
outer42
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sharkey call me i know the facts!!!
Old 08-08-2004, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I do have one more thing to add since sealed motor, F1 and F2 boats have been requested to "settle" this BS; and please correct me if I am mistaken, I seem to remember setting the F2 record with Art in Sarasota. I think the number for under 36ft was AND IS 94.187(set in 2001 with 500EFI`s not 525`s)......Fountain, and Reggie putting up those big numbers made my record both possible, and necessary. The Fiore`s obviously possess massive talent as is evident in their products, however the adds should say "Exquisite design and construction" not "The worlds Fastest V-bottom" until After you`ve actually done so. The over 36ft record is out there....wait ...no.. that`s held by a Fountain also... oh well......
Old 08-08-2004, 04:59 PM
Registered

Now you'll get the beak BS. Just can't win. Oh well, life aboard internet.
Old 08-08-2004, 05:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Re: Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Now you'll get the beak BS. Just can't win. Oh well, life aboard internet.
Yea when people are around Reggie I noticed first handedly that they all try to get a handshake and picture in and then online it's beak city. That's life and take it from me I have been there!
Old 08-08-2004, 05:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Re: Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain

So if it was a "little engine hickup" then OL can fix it, reschedule and probably have time to do it within this boating season easilly.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

There is so many half truths and guesses to what happened, and everyone is agreeing to that, i just don't understand why some people here find it necessary to help to ruin the reputation of Racecrafters. All motors break, and guess what sterlings is probably the best there is and they break to. I find it so totally not cool that some people on here are calling the company racecrappers, and making comments against them when they don't really know anything about what happened, if the motor even broke or whatever. I repeated the thing about it being 27 hours on the motors because that is what i read, and i shouldn't have because we do not know if it was true or not. But i will not sit here and help to ruin the reputation of a company that i have never had anything to do with, and don't even know the circumstances of what is wrong. If you buy a racecrafter motor, you put it in your boat and it turns out to be junk, then go ahead call them every bad name in the book you are entiteled to do so, but calling someones motors junk based on some internet rumors is totally crappy to do.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:08 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Interesting thought. Don't come prepared for problems, just do it another time.... Sounds logical, but what happened to the endless crying about a head to head contest? How Reggie was a chicken because OL was not invited. But I guessOL can always fire up the GPS with SBI's chief in the boat and wala!! A new record.

Seems to me if you want to run at those speeds and have those kinds of resources (which based on what an OL costs should be lots) you are prepared. Maybe OL is a little out of their element or maybe league when it comes to pissin on Reggie.......

We all know OL builds hot beautiful boats that cost lots of money. Fast hull too. Maybe it takes more than that to beat Reggie and maybe they need to learn a bit. Racing more of their boats would help. They want to run adds in PB and HB that you are the fastest... Complain publicly that they are not invited to race head to head in Reggie world. Then they get the chance, better bring extra parts, even engines. One would expect that from a company that claims to be the fastest and charges what they do for their boats.

Quick Reply: Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.