Like Tree0Likes

Did TimG delete his thread?

Old 01-11-2005, 09:48 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

My Boats: 2003 28 Pantera - SOLD
Default Re: Did TimG delete his thread?

LS, not everyone keeps a boat up to your standards.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:56 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

My Boats: Making hot chicks hotter since 2010

This whole board IS about opinions. That's why it's fun, remember? LS JR, you do have the right to an opinion and you do know boats well. My .02
Old 01-11-2005, 10:24 AM
Registered
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 1982 Pantera 24sport

Dont take any crap Bobby..........

Just joking.

To those who have not met him, LSjr. is one of the most knowledgable, and mature 16 year olds I have ever met, and althought I didnt read it before deleting, he is entitled to his opinion, if it was something they wouldnt buy, maybe someone purchasing it should look at it a little closer, thats all.

Rick
Old 01-11-2005, 10:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Old
You should probably send them an email with your observations. That way you don't offend anyone or worse yet, maybe hurt the current owners feelings. As anyone who has shopped for a used boat knows, condition is subjective. What's immaculate to me may be a turd to someone else.
Bingo!

If anyone asks your opinion on a boat, send it privately. For instance, say a year from now someone asked me abou the Maxx boat, and I may not remember the specifics, but I probably would remember someone labeling it as "rough".

You are still backhanding it in the previous post.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:40 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2001 Top Gun T/S

alright folks, let's slow this train down. in keeping with the orginal purpose of this thread, in no way am i questioning bobby's judgement, opinion or integrity. however, i am questioning why he is so anti-Maxx when just a few short months ago he was pro-Maxx. what caused the flip flop? i was and still am currently under the impression that the Maxx boat is not a "rough" boat. perhaps since i've been lucky enough to own 1 of the 4 F2's, and have seen 3 of the 4 in person, i'm a little passionate when it comes to this subject. the last thing i want to see is any one of the 4 with an undeserving bad rap.

chad

Last edited by jawbreakerkid; 01-11-2005 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:42 AM
Registered

My Boats: 330SS Formula 496's

I know when shopping (long distance, last month) and wanted an impartial, unbiased opinion on a boat I was interested in, I approached someone privately, who was in my eyes probably more of a perfectionist than myself. Someone with IMO very high standards. It was all handled via email and PMs and I made it clear to them I would never take his word gold or as the final say. Only I could make that decision. I also assured this person they'd not be blamed or faulted for any descrepancies between their and my opinions, if any. This a completely objective. It was totally done as a favor and much appreciated time spent by someone. BTW THANKS MITCH!

Last edited by njgr8ful; 01-11-2005 at 10:45 AM.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:20 AM
Registered

"Apache"

There, now this thread should get good!
Old 01-11-2005, 11:28 AM
Registered

My Boats: 1993 Cigarette Top Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Dont take any crap Bobby..........

Just joking.

To those who have not met him, LSjr. is one of the most knowledgable, and mature 16 year olds I have ever met, and althought I didnt read it before deleting, he is entitled to his opinion, if it was something they wouldnt buy, maybe someone purchasing it should look at it a little closer, thats all.

Rick
Could`nt have said it better myself. Bobby is very mature and wise beyond his years.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:39 AM
45 Lip Ship / 900 Zul's
Platinum Member

My Boats: Working on something new

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger 1
Could`nt have said it better myself. Bobby is very mature and wise beyond his years.

Rick OSG
Old 01-11-2005, 11:42 AM
Registered

My Boats: one ballsy Top Gun, a very fast Skater, one party Yellowfin....oh yeah, and two Boston Whalers

I know Bobby personally and think highly of his knowledge and opinions on Cigarettes. I certainly feel I can have a meaningful and adult conversation with him about these boats. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Censorship here may be good for some but bad for others. When someone places a boat on the market in such a forum as this, they must expect positive and/or negative comments. As others have said, these are opinions and should be taken as such. Each one of us have different standards, that's life. Each one of us should make our own final decision on whether something is "rough" or "clean." I for one would like to know the opinions of others that have personally been on a particular boat that I may be considering for purchase.

I would expect nothing but honesty from Bobby. I don't believe he has any personal agenda here. (other than trying to sell his boat--hehehe ) I didn't read the thread before poofing or personally seen the Maxx boat, but if I was considering the boat I'd feel some thinks its rough and others thinks its clean, simple as that. Then make a decision whether to call the owner, get some pictures e-mailed, and make a decision whether I want to see the boat myself.........CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?????????