Did TimG delete his thread? >

Did TimG delete his thread?

Notices

Did TimG delete his thread?

Old 01-11-2005, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Did TimG delete his thread?

I have alot of knowledge of Cigarettes and other boats. Ive owned 22 boats thru the years !! I must defend the Maxx. The previous owner, which is a friend of mine, was as METICULOUS as anyone Ive ever met about everything in life, including his boat. He sold it to a good friend of mine who will take just as good of care of that boat as anyone on this board. As far as set up...to each his own... who cares. The boat was detuned and re rigged to be user friendly.. not raced and top end. There are a few things on the boat that turned me off, but thats my personal liking not the boats fault. The rigging is just fine the boat is in great shape. It needs the old race stickers and paint removed, and a good, good buffing and that thing would be mint. Sorry to disagree with you Bobby, But I crawled over that thing for a whole summer(not 3 hours) because I was considering buying it. My decision not to buy it was based on the F-2 set up not being what I needed. Not the rigging and being rough. You will look at things alot different when you are spending your own money, not living thru Daddy and still collecting an allowance for milk money. Sorry, I had to pick on you a little

GEEEZE Bobby, go back and look at what you say about your dads boat and then take a real good look at it. Its all in the eyes of the beholder

Now get back to class You have to behave until I get down there and take you out of school to go boating
Old 01-11-2005, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

LS "JR" quit wasting your time with this thread You need to stay focused on getting my Sea Ray sold its not rough
Tom
Old 01-11-2005, 12:01 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bobby, stick with selling boats and cars and you will be fine, i don't know chit about cigs and i use you guys as my info about those boats..... just don't start selling watches on here and stuff and you will be cool...

oh yeah, and keep posting those sunday ride threads for those of us stuck in the frozen tundra of the midwest....
Old 01-11-2005, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by OTIS311
I have alot of knowledge of Cigarettes and other boats. Ive owned 22 boats thru the years !! I must defend the Maxx. The previous owner, which is a friend of mine, was as METICULOUS as anyone Ive ever met about everything in life, including his boat. He sold it to a good friend of mine who will take just as good of care of that boat as anyone on this board. As far as set up...to each his own... who cares. The boat was detuned and re rigged to be user friendly.. not raced and top end. There are a few things on the boat that turned me off, but thats my personal liking not the boats fault. The rigging is just fine the boat is in great shape. It needs the old race stickers and paint removed, and a good, good buffing and that thing would be mint. Sorry to disagree with you Bobby, But I crawled over that thing for a whole summer(not 3 hours) because I was considering buying it. My decision not to buy it was based on the F-2 set up not being what I needed. Not the rigging and being rough. You will look at things alot different when you are spending your own money, not living thru Daddy and still collecting an allowance for milk money. Sorry, I had to pick on you a little

GEEEZE Bobby, go back and look at what you say about your dads boat and then take a real good look at it. Its all in the eyes of the beholder

Now get back to class You have to behave until I get down there and take you out of school to go boating
I don't know how to respond to this Bob. I'm not going to waste my time talking about the boat. I never said we wouldn't buy it becuase of the condition but it just wasn't as nice as we thought it would be. I don't know how you can say the rigging was fine. The boat was rigged in 1-2 days. I'd like to ask Tres Martin how it took him to rig the Team Virgin boat.

Now, about our boat-Craig Barrie came and looked at it for someone on the West Coast. The customer said Craig couldn't think of one thing negative to say about it. It doesn't get better than that....

Like Frank said, if you don't want your boat critisized then don't put it on here.

(LS JR.) BOBBY
Old 01-11-2005, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cuda
Bingo!

If anyone asks your opinion on a boat, send it privately. For instance, say a year from now someone asked me abou the Maxx boat, and I may not remember the specifics, but I probably would remember someone labeling it as "rough".

You are still backhanding it in the previous post.
cuda-

i do have to hand it to bobby, we wrote several times via email and pm regarding the Maxx boat and questions regarding my old boat and the other 2 F2's. out of the several other emails that i received, not one of them said how he didn't like the boat or the condition it was in. in fact, he sent me several pictures and was very excited after viewing the boat. hopefully you can see why i'm a little confused on why bobby changed his opinion of the boat.

in no way am i making this a personal bash, but i'm confused on why bobby is changing his story now that the boat sold and he didn't buy it...... here are just a few of the emails that i have not deleted.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2004 12:12 PM
To: "Chad Faller"
Subject: RE: Gladiator

Chad,

We would be all over a cat but it would not work for us here in FL. In NJ, it would have.

Really, the only F2 we wanted was MAXX and that is sold. Figuring that F2s are old race boats with no cabin, I figure you would be better off with a Gladiator becuase they are a true pleasure boat without a cabin, if you don't mind the sit-down. Plus, I think G wants to much money for his boat, we all know what he paid!

Anyways, were going to go look at a 2004 Gladiator with Staggered 525s either later today or Monday hopefully. It needs some work so I figure a bargain would be $140k. However, someone told me Spitfire1 sold his boat for $135k needing nothing so I've been trying to get ahold of his for the past 2 days to see if this is true.

Bobby

Sent: Friday, March 05, 2004 10:00 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE:

great pictures. honestly, i have found that all the F2 look so much better in person. pictures just do not do them justice.

Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 10:19 PM
Subject:

Last one. Not saying this against SR but the yellow on theMaxx looks better in person than in the boat trader pics. I was suprised.

Bobby

Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2004 5:20 PM
Subject: Re: F-2

Yes, unique...That is what I like about the F-2's. Why couldn't they build more of them!!! The owner said it is very clean also. I will take a ride down to his house one weekend. I have been looking at the dash of yours and G's..Maxx has a different setup...Why? If you don't recall it, I attached a pic for you. Also any idea which gauges are on the nav station. I don't have a clue. If we sold our boat tomorrow, I couldn't find a replacement other than Maxx. I saw a pic of the Fanny Doctor without the girl and number..I kinda liked the girl...HA! It was a little awkward. $97k was a steal, or what ever it was.

Thanks,
Bobby
Old 01-11-2005, 01:31 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
There is a saying: When one finds oneself in a hole, it is best to stop digging!

No offense meant to anyone. Just reality.
After reading JBK's last post, I think JR should re-read Formula Outlaw's post.
I also agree with Cuda 100%!
Regards,
Tony
Old 01-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jawbreakerkid
cuda-

i do have to hand it to bobby, we wrote several times via email and pm regarding the Maxx boat and questions regarding my old boat and the other 2 F2's. out of the several other emails that i received, not one of them said how he didn't like the boat or the condition it was in. in fact, he sent me several pictures and was very excited after viewing the boat. hopefully you can see why i'm a little confused on why bobby changed his opinion of the boat.

Bobby[/B]
Chad, I'm not changing my story. I still feel the same way I did when I looked at it. It has the set-up we want but it wasn't in the condition we really wanted. It is all fixable, just depends on how much $$$ you have to spend. Yes, I was excited after viewing it, HOW COULD YOU NOT BE? The boat looked much better (appearence wise) then the pics. If the boat would still be for sale it would still be on our list but it's NOT. I'm not trying to give the boat a bad rap, but you can't compare it to the other 3. It's just not the same caliber.

Tbone-Forumla Outlaw gave great advice and I'm trying to drop it, but Chad keeps bringing this up. If you want to know exactly how I feel Chad, give me a call 954-328-2022 and we can dicuss this like men instead of over a computer.

(LS JR.) BOBBY

Last edited by lucky strike; 01-11-2005 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:52 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Originally Posted by jawbreakerkid
cuda-

in no way am i making this a personal bash, but i'm confused on why bobby is changing his story now that the boat sold and he didn't buy it...... here are just a few of the emails that i have not deleted.

Sent: Friday, December 17, 2004 12:12 PM
To: "Chad Faller"
Subject: RE: Gladiator

Chad,

We would be all over a cat but it would not work for us here in FL. In NJ, it would have.

Really, the only F2 we wanted was MAXX and that is sold. Figuring that F2s are old race boats with no cabin, I figure you would be better off with a Gladiator becuase they are a true pleasure boat without a cabin, if you don't mind the sit-down. Plus, I think G wants to much money for his boat, we all know what he paid!

Anyways, were going to go look at a 2004 Gladiator with Staggered 525s either later today or Monday hopefully. It needs some work so I figure a bargain would be $140k. However, someone told me Spitfire1 sold his boat for $135k needing nothing so I've been trying to get ahold of his for the past 2 days to see if this is true.

Bobby

Sent: Friday, March 05, 2004 10:00 AM
Subject: RE:

great pictures. honestly, i have found that all the F2 look so much better in person. pictures just do not do them justice.

Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 10:19 PM
Subject:

Last one. Not saying this against SR but the yellow on theMaxx looks better in person than in the boat trader pics. I was suprised.

Bobby

Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2004 5:20 PM
Subject: Re: F-2

Yes, unique...That is what I like about the F-2's. Why couldn't they build more of them!!! The owner said it is very clean also. I will take a ride down to his house one weekend. I have been looking at the dash of yours and G's..Maxx has a different setup...Why? If you don't recall it, I attached a pic for you. Also any idea which gauges are on the nav station. I don't have a clue. If we sold our boat tomorrow, I couldn't find a replacement other than Maxx. I saw a pic of the Fanny Doctor without the girl and number..I kinda liked the girl...HA! It was a little awkward. $97k was a steal, or what ever it was.

Thanks,
Bobby
Well no offense intended LS JR., but I can see why Chad is questioning you after reading these emails. They sure do sing quite a different tune than the one you were singing yesterday and continue to sing today. Just learn from your mistakes JR. and keep that kind of talk for email or pm. My .02
Regards,
Tony
Old 01-11-2005, 01:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tbonepmp
Well no offense intended LS JR., but I can see why Chad is questioning you after reading these emails. They sure do sing quite a different tune than the one you were singing yesterday and continue to sing today. Just learn from your mistakes JR. and keep that kind of talk for email or pm. My .02
Regards,
Tony
Different tune? You may want to re-read what Chad posted. The only thing I ever said to Chad in our e-mails about the boat was this:

Not saying this against SR but the yellow on theMaxx looks better in person than in the boat trader pics. I was suprised.

(LS JR.) Bobby
Old 01-11-2005, 02:14 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

spitfire1 sold his boat for 135k? Is that what those things are going for? I might have to go gladiator shopping....

Quick Reply: Did TimG delete his thread?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.