Notices

boat ramps

Old 02-18-2005, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: boat ramps

On our big boating weekend, May 24th I decided instead of dropping off a boat at the moorings and picking up in the work truck we could pickup in my boat. The last thing that I said was, make sure that the plug was in. The next thing that I see is my Velocity 22 with 2 200's running in circles and back to the trailer. I make a cell call and find out that the boat is sinking, no drain plug. We got the boat on the trailer and put in the plug. The solution is to fire the mechanic the next week. The worst part is that we couldn't catch the Velocity in the Scarab down North Shore for anything. In the two years that we have owned the boatyard the ONLY boat that has gone overboard has been MINE.

Cheers

Andy
Old 02-18-2005, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: boat ramps

Buddy with 2 day old Powerquest 29. Had rack storage at the marina but wanted to take her home for some upgades. I offered to take the trailer to the ramp but he could'nt wait another hour. I go by his place and its in on the trailer in the driveway. He is inside with a towel around his leg. Told me he pulled the boat up on the trailer and pulled into the parking lot to towel it down but forgot to shut the motors off! Tore a deep gash 10 in long in his leg on the trailer trying to get up into the boat to shut them off.