non stop porpouse

Notices

non stop porpouse

Old 05-18-2009, 08:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rssteiny
it is the nature of the beast, big power single engine small boat. my 25 active thunder was the same way.
Same deal here...heavy engine..light front end.

best solution are a pair of long k-planes and a propeller with a lot a cup in it.

Hydromotive used to make the Turbo..maybe they still do?
Old 05-18-2009, 11:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by acaruso
I have a marage25 will sell for $250 PS YOUR BOAT HAS LOTS OF HOOK
i think i have talked to you before sir, but i thought yours as a LH prop. i could be wrong though. brett at bblades says he can re-work the B1 to be all i want it to be. i just need to get some hard numbers from a mirage plus 23 or 25.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

add the tabs and keep the B1....Rob
Old 05-19-2009, 10:54 AM
Registered

I have the same issue with mine. Got it a little better but not much. Any ideas other than the obvious of getting another boat?? Which is not an option. Boat info: '91 Baja 290 Sport, 38" draft, 21 degree deadrise @ transom, 9 foot beam, weight 7,000 lbs. Twin 454, dynoed @ 460 hp each.
Had bravo 1 marage plus on it before. Bennett trim tabs, boat would only accept 3-4 seconds of outdrive trim before startint to bounce. (less than a quarter trim). Tried everything on different tab settings, weight and speed with little or no difference. Sold props and Bennett system.
Swapped to PowerTech 23P 4 blade props, added offshore performance series tabs from Lenco, 20" long. Removed some weight from bow area (junk). Boat has a holeshot from hell now at 3/4 throttle. Faster through the midrange RPM but lost 2-3 mph on the top side. Not an issue to me. Tabs helped.
Still have the bounce. Helped but no where as it should be. Again tried different combinations of speed, drives out/in, tabs etc. Found that the best I can do is tabs down just below horizontal, drives up 3-4 seconds (still less than a quarter up).
When I cross any fairly big wake I trim drives down completly then cross wake. I have read that to go faster or slower to get through the bounce "zone" but seems like this boat has no zone. I have a buddy that has the identical boat and his acts the same. Boat has alot of room and such, just rides like crap.
Looking for ideas. Have thought about putting more cup on the props next. Help.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by acaruso
I have a marage25 will sell for $250 PS YOUR BOAT HAS LOTS OF HOOK
Still Avail ???? have a BAFA in the shop needs a 25
Old 05-19-2009, 11:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ezstriper
add the tabs and keep the B1....Rob
This is the way to go, small k-planes or tabs will give you alot of ride tunability.

btw, you go out with 60-90 beers in your cooler? You have thirsty friends
Old 05-19-2009, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

The Mirage/Mirage Plus props will carry the bow better than a Bravo prop. A stock Bravo prop lifts the stern too much.

Yes your Bravo can be reworked but do you need the 4 blade prop? If your propshaft is deep you would probably be better off with a 3 blade.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rhsj2006
This is the way to go, small k-planes or tabs will give you alot of ride tunability.

btw, you go out with 60-90 beers in your cooler? You have thirsty friends
oh yeah, you gotta have beer. mabye i can pick up some of those cheapie electric style tabs.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
The Mirage/Mirage Plus props will carry the bow better than a Bravo prop. A stock Bravo prop lifts the stern too much.

Yes your Bravo can be reworked but do you need the 4 blade prop? If your propshaft is deep you would probably be better off with a 3 blade.
i have a mirage plus i can most likely borrow. its a 23. i can get some baseline #s. i have a 21p mirage plus rh in great condition but no one wants it.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Fixxxer22
i have a mirage plus i can most likely borrow. its a 23. i can get some baseline #s. i have a 21p mirage plus rh in great condition but no one wants it.
Have you checked your propshaft centerline? Most Baja's are really deep mine is at 8". That is why a lot of guys are putting imco shortys on. I have tried several props on mine and a Mirage plus seems to work the best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.