non stop porpouse >

non stop porpouse

Notices

non stop porpouse

Old 05-21-2009, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Fixxxer22
well, i went out last night. the water looked good. the wind was blowing against the current. there was about a 2 to 2.5 chop. with little white caps. i could not get the 23 mirage off of the warlock because the warlock is still shrink-wrapped and they used the props as a hooking point for the wrap at the stern. i did not want to mess up his wrap for my own benefit. so i go out with the B1. i took alot of the chit out from the front of the boat. i had 4 people in the cockpit. and keep in mind the water was fast water. i got 5400-5500 rpm out of it and what felt like 70. i had no gps but it was the fastest that boat has ever gone! it developed a chine walk when it got to those faster speeds. on the way home the water had calmed down but i gave it another shot and i was back in that pourpose and i did not really try and get out of it. i think a combination of the water and reduced weight made it push through that point where it starts pourposing. so a mirage plus 25 is in my future. i was on cloud 9 though. that is the absolute fastest that baja has ever gone
I use the 25 Mirage plus and it works really good on Baja's with deep drives. I had extra cupping put on mine for more bow lift. Once I get through the 55 to 58 MPH zone my bounce is gone. I just upgraded my cam over the winter, I should be running 500HP or better. I am going to try top end runs this weekend. Check the Swap Shop I think I saw one listed.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is a LH mirage plus 25 on ebay that is looking like it might sell cheap. can i reverse the rotation of my drive? and is that good for it?
Old 05-21-2009, 11:15 AM
Registered

I would just find the correct prop.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:20 AM
Registered

ok, so RH it is... ill find one im sure of it. someone offered me a labbed one but im afraid of dinging it up on the beach and in the canal.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:40 AM
Registered

Mine is lab finshed, I would buy it if it had the right price. If it does not come with the solid hub kit with the brass insert you will need to get one. The plastic one will spin out. It cost me about $300 just for lab & extra cupping. I gained 1.5 MPH and allowed more trim without blowing out the prop. I ran it for 5 years without any dings running on rivers. They do not take off enough metal to weaken the prop. If you hit a rock it will damage it no mater what. Small stick or debris should be fine.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:10 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Fixxxer22
there is a LH mirage plus 25 on ebay that is looking like it might sell cheap. can i reverse the rotation of my drive? and is that good for it?
It depends... some single engine boats like the prop turning in the opposite rotation of the engine and they tend to "lean" due to torque load while others actually pick up speed having left hand rotation. It all depends and I'd check with Baja or other members who ran it both ways.

I ran a Velocity last year and it didn't like left hand rotation while other members stated theirs ran better, go figure.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:13 PM
Registered

dosent running lh put pressure places it was not before. the drive has 300 hours on it at rh rotation. so would it be bad to reverse it?
Old 05-21-2009, 07:52 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

there's lots of schools of though on that... I've done both.

Some feel it makes it last longer because now you're wearing the back sides of the gears while others feel the shafts and gears are worn in a certain direction and if you reverse the rotation it can break easier.

Flip a coin dude!! lol
Old 05-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Registered

how hard is it to reverse the drive and make the controls the same? because i could pick this prop up cheap.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:48 AM
Registered

It's easy, you do it in the shifter at the helm. I believe it would be good for a drive to run opposite periodically for the reasons panther said. Before you actually change the shifter you can try the opposite rotation prop by running the boat in reverse. Its a bit of a mind game docking but with a single it should not be too hard.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.