Oil filled bilge - need advise please ! >

Oil filled bilge - need advise please !

Notices

Oil filled bilge - need advise please !

Old 08-10-2014, 10:21 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I have a bunch of storages for my inventory as I moved out of my last showroom shop in April. I have access to a machine shop and that is where I do some engine machining and have my fuel injection flow testing / cleaning set up as well. I do not own the machine shop.

I kept my good client base and they bring their boats over to my house in Arlington. Also do some mobile repair but cherry pick it these days. So I guess I am shadetree these days. Actually at one time, 2010 had 3 locations -

the 5 things I was very tired of, Drought, its only a 4 to 5 month business here anymore - all bills stay the same for 12 months whether your making money or not,

next employees, trying to hire good honest ones who will work and do the job right. That is impossible these days especially in the marine end. Very hard and the # 1 thing that I was very tired of.

next landlords = when they see your making money they tend to raise rents and restrictions so I guess you can call it greed on their part,

next the heat working outside in hot bilge compartments all summer long - 7 days week.

next most of all the big time dealers in are area have no bills as they were handed down everything from the grand dads and dads. Its hard to stock the right boat inventory against them and their 20 million dollar credit line that their rich dad handed down to them.

Anyways sorry for the rant. I do work, part sales, some engine stuff and fuel injection services for dealers but most of that is not locally, Only about 25 % is local stuff for dealer & wholesale marine related..

Last edited by BUP; 08-10-2014 at 10:35 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

BUP - I understand fully - had the same issue with my excavating and transport company !! Went back to being a hunting guide, it's a job I would do for free, blessed to be paid for it and to stay busy!!

Well I'm looking for a mechanic - the other mechanic is a very nice guy, just a bit far to drag a boat - if you know of any in the flower mound or highland village area let me know - nothing immiediate but if something comes up I would like the piece of mind - I know you know your stuff just by reading all of your post so if you ever get back in the game let me know aswell !!

Again- thanks for the helpfull replies !!
Old 08-10-2014, 10:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
At least he used galvanized pipe and not black pipe, he must be a plumber on the side.
Haha- right, I guess I never poked my head back there to check on the plumbing !! - bern a while since on the water - forgot how much that big ball of fire in the sky hates me and thinks its funny to change my skin color to a nice red/pink !! LOL
Old 08-11-2014, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This reminds me of changing filter and rubber gasket stayed, Pumped oil all over bilge. Stupid mistake and a big mess. I know you have different problems.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 4,285 Likes on 1,236 Posts

I use my pre oiler pump to change my oil, couple weekends ago I got distracted and forgot to put the line back on, puked 8 fresh quarts in the bilge. oooops!
Old 08-11-2014, 09:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Rwbrew3
Haha- right, I guess I never poked my head back there to check on the plumbing !! - bern a while since on the water - forgot how much that big ball of fire in the sky hates me and thinks its funny to change my skin color to a nice red/pink !! LOL
Did it throw oil everywhere or just straight down into the bilge ?
Old 08-11-2014, 09:38 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I use my pre oiler pump to change my oil, couple weekends ago I got distracted and forgot to put the line back on, puked 8 fresh quarts in the bilge. oooops!
UGH!- what a nightmare ! I spent all at getting the bilge clean- still looks like crap !! I hope this is the problem so I don't have to do it again !!
Old 08-11-2014, 10:04 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Originally Posted by Rwbrew3
Did it throw oil everywhere or just straight down into the bilge ?
Post #26 - That was the freakin funniest thing I've read in a long time !

Thanks for the laugh ! I needed it !

I am still waiting for you to answer yourself though. LOL.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:07 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by SB
Post #26 - That was the freakin funniest thing I've read in a long time !

Thanks for the laugh ! I needed it !

I am still waiting for you to answer yourself though. LOL.
Hahahahahaha- almost wrecked my truck laughing so hard - OMG - hilarious !!!

I'm a ahole - never did answer myself !! Hahaha !!
Old 08-11-2014, 11:08 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thought I was replying to fountain27 !! Still laughing my azz off !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.