Who has had issues with afr heads?? >

Who has had issues with afr heads??

Notices

Who has had issues with afr heads??

Old 06-06-2015, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Unlimited jd
Bob paid for the head out of pocket from what he told me. I guess if they inspect it and see it as a warranty issue maybe they'll credit bob.
and if they deem it as a non warranty issue bob is out the price of the head.not many reatilers will step up and do that,i know i would not just from a financial standpoint.
Old 06-06-2015, 01:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Bob paid for the head out of pocket from what he told me. I guess if they inspect it and see it as a warranty issue maybe they'll credit bob.
Yes that is what happened, I measured twice, 2 different tools, I have a normal wear on valves and had wrong springs in one set, I think all around there was multiple issues causing my failure, Bob stood up and helped me out to get me on water, that means a ton, I am sure if afr insists the head was fine and makes Bob pay he can either pay them for all the issues to me or contact me and see what we can do, Bob offered to take care of it for my troubles and I thought that was very cool of him, there was miscommunication and multiple people paid the price I already have 2500 into fixing it and Bob felt it was fair to a take a role in helping. If that decision changes I am sure Bob would contact me and we work it out.
Old 06-06-2015, 01:39 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Last edited by the deep; 06-06-2015 at 01:41 PM.
Old 06-06-2015, 02:17 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now if we could get rid the the troublemakers (I mean ICDEDPPL) plus a few that want to be the "know it alls" that constantly discredit the professionals in the business we can get some of the real professionals to come back and post without be called names.
Old 06-06-2015, 03:17 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim@AFR
Good evening guys, Tim Torrecarion with AFR here. Let me start out with saying Tim (FullForce) we sympathize with your situation and hope you can get back out on the water soon!

Tim,
Awesome of you to come by and show interest.

A quick suggestion that I loved to see on some other cyl heads being shipped, a small tag wired to each head showing what spring was installed and how. Obviously won't help consumer if seats/guides/ not correct, however, for those bolting on heads (which many customers do) without pulling apart and double checking everything, they will know they got sent the right spring package. Is a great quality control item for the manufacturer and customer.
Old 06-06-2015, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by brian41
Now if we could get rid the the troublemakers (I mean ICDEDPPL) plus a few that want to be the "know it alls" that constantly discredit the professionals in the business we can get some of the real professionals to come back and post without be called names.
Yeah but he's a good guy he sent Budman a spring for his fuel pump.
Old 06-06-2015, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Tim,
Awesome of you to come by and show interest.

A quick suggestion that I loved to see on some other cyl heads being shipped, a small tag wired to each head showing what spring was installed and how. Obviously won't help consumer if seats/guides/ not correct, however, for those bolting on heads (which many customers do) without pulling apart and double checking everything, they will know they got sent the right spring package. Is a great quality control item for the manufacturer and customer.
Thats a good suggestion SB. I think AFR is a great company. I know Tony Mamo would post on a bunch of sites answering any questions or issues with their heads, which is/was really cool. I like how when I emailed AFR directly regarding the purchase of their heads, they made sure to mention the valve guide clearance thing in their response to me. Alot of companies will not/do not, provide that information to you right off the bat. Not only does it protect them ,but the consumer as well.

As far as Tim Full Force's situation, its nice to see he is getting some help. Good luck getting it back on the water Tim.
Attached Thumbnails Who has had issues with afr heads??-screenshot_2015-06-06-15-08-27.jpg   Who has had issues with afr heads??-screenshot_2015-06-06-15-08-34.jpg  
Old 06-06-2015, 05:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Thats a good suggestion SB. I think AFR is a great company. I know Tony Mamo would post on a bunch of sites answering any questions or issues with their heads, which is/was really cool. I like how when I emailed AFR directly regarding the purchase of their heads, they made sure to mention the valve guide clearance thing in their response to me. Alot of companies will not/do not, provide that information to you right off the bat. Not only does it protect them ,but the consumer as well.

As far as Tim Full Force's situation, its nice to see he is getting some help. Good luck getting it back on the water Tim.
Thanks Joe, been a long couple weeks, I will have head this week and hope to finish assembly end of the week or next weekend...
Old 06-06-2015, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

if it costs bob full price he won't lose in the long run. he already has a pretty damn good rep here and other places. this sure won't make it worse...
Old 06-06-2015, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Originally Posted by brian41
Maybe if you got your head out your ass and got a sense of humor there wouldnt be a problem. Don`t even get me started why I don`t like bob and have issues with him.(trust me I`m not the only one) I see you why you two are best buds for life same no sense of humor either of you.

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 06-06-2015 at 11:07 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.