Old 06-06-2015, 02:58 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Between Bob and afr yes.
Old 06-06-2015, 04:50 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

when afr checked your stem to guide clearance did they report what they found?
Old 06-06-2015, 08:58 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
when afr checked your stem to guide clearance did they report what they found?
Not sure yet,I had bronze on a a valve or two and I used 2 different methods showing guides tight, with a combo of issues we found the head is on way to me and my old one is on the way to afr, they dropped a head on the truck to me as fast as they could so that's pretty cool I didn't have to wait weeks for a head...
Old 06-06-2015, 09:14 AM
Registered

tim,are you saying afr sent you a head under warranty before they inspected the head in question?most company,s wont do that.when i had a problem with an edelbeock head for a harley i had to get a rma number and until they recieved&inspected the head i was in limbo.
Old 06-06-2015, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
Not sure yet,I had bronze on a a valve or two and I used 2 different methods showing guides tight, with a combo of issues we found the head is on way to me and my old one is on the way to afr, they dropped a head on the truck to me as fast as they could so that's pretty cool I didn't have to wait weeks for a head...
Just how tight were the guides Tim? Also, what did AFR say about the roller springs?
Old 06-06-2015, 09:37 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
tim,are you saying afr sent you a head under warranty before they inspected the head in question?most company,s wont do that.when i had a problem with an edelbeock head for a harley i had to get a rma number and until they recieved&inspected the head i was in limbo.
RMbuilder/MK/BM has very good pull with many companies and individuals inside the companies. In fact, it's quite amazing to see his relationships with them in person. I can personally attest to that.
Wilson Manifolds/AFR/Katech/Darrin Morgan/Tony Mamo/Cam Motion/Willy's/Pro Systems/ GMPP, and more.

Last edited by SB; 06-06-2015 at 09:42 AM.
Old 06-06-2015, 09:53 AM
Registered

sb,i understand what you are saying.years ago when i had the problem with the edelbrock head the retailer/dealer that i bought the parts from was a personal friend of vic edelbrock[owner of the company]but it did not matter,the rma number and part inspection was still required.this is the reason why i asked the question.if a company like afr sent a head for free to every person that had some sort of issue with a product before they had a chance to inspect the part in question they would have no need for a warranty department because they would go broke.i am not trying to start anything but to me it appears that something else had to happen for afr to send a free head out before they got the part in question back to be examined.
Old 06-06-2015, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Bob paid for the head out of pocket from what he told me. I guess if they inspect it and see it as a warranty issue maybe they'll credit bob.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 410 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Unlimited jd
Bob paid for the head out of pocket from what he told me. I guess if they inspect it and see it as a warranty issue maybe they'll credit bob.
That's a standup guy!!! We need more people like Bob around here.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:22 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Craney
That's a standup guy!!! We need more people like Bob around here.
That IS great customer service !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.