Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Jesel Belt Drive, Crank turns Cam and Belt Stationary >

Jesel Belt Drive, Crank turns Cam and Belt Stationary

Notices

Jesel Belt Drive, Crank turns Cam and Belt Stationary

Old 06-15-2016, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Worked on it last night, got the exhaust, blower/cooler/intake off. Atleast 3 rockers loose due to bent valves. Heads come off tonight. Ordering timing belt for port motor also.

Motor has drainback screens, not sure how I feel about them. Brass distributor gear wore. Found broke off tap in throttle linkage...should have been fixed. Pulled bearing plates off blower, grease was gummed up and bearing would spin on shaft. So some small surprises, heads come off tonight, have to pull all the shaft rockers to do so.
Old 06-15-2016, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn...that sucks...if you found all those little issues I'd definitely go over the other motor to make sure you don't get anymore surprises. Good luck on getting it back together for the fourth. (Not sarcastic)
Old 06-15-2016, 08:28 PM
Registered

Heads off, pistons look good, every intake valve bent, exhaust did not hit. Cylinders look great. High dollar parts engines for sure, I can deal with the small ****. But gotta do some belt research, if they are not Kevlar I am going to try to find Kevlar
Old 06-15-2016, 08:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by JRider
Heads off, pistons look good, every intake valve bent, exhaust did not hit. Cylinders look great. High dollar parts engines for sure, I can deal with the small ****. But gotta do some belt research, if they are not Kevlar I am going to try to find Kevlar
Are the engines "spec" engines for class racing, IE, "supercat" builds?

As far as the belts go, when I called jesel to ask about the "white rhino" belts they used to offer, I was told they only sell/recommend one kind of belt and to change them often in an endurance application. They run about 120 bucks each.
Old 06-16-2016, 05:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly

As far as the belts go, when I called jesel to ask about the "white rhino" belts they used to offer, I was told they only sell/recommend one kind of belt and to change them often in an endurance application. They run about 120 bucks each.
I was mistaken when I said Jesel, they are Comp Cams belt drives. I assumed they were Jesel because the shaft rockers are. BTW, the shaft rockers are badass. Anyway, going to call comp today to see if this is the only/best belt option. The motors were built with Teague recommended components supposedly, not for any spec class that I know of.
Old 06-16-2016, 03:25 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly

They told me to change the belt every 40 hours, I didn't bother using the belt drive.