Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads? >

AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads?

Notices

AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads?

Old 01-11-2017, 11:24 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Just kills me I plug away at this and do what I need to, meanwhile guys like BCK are still on dyno for 2 years ...yet rip me... and don't even touch a tool
Old 01-11-2017, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 4,386 Likes on 1,253 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
paid someone to do it all?

.....welllllll not exactly everyone

Old 01-11-2017, 11:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
.....welllllll not exactly everyone

Well sometimes when people have work done they don't always pay the bill...
Old 01-11-2017, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow , some good info , like to hear cams Tim , hope your heads guy matches checks the exhaust / I may be dumb here but you know what happens on assumtions
Old 01-11-2017, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Just kills me I plug away at this and do what I need to, meanwhile guys like BCK are still on dyno for 2 years ...yet rip me... and don't even touch a tool
Maybe if you didn't start a thread on every single thing you do with your motors, people would, you know, stop talking about your motors.
Old 01-11-2017, 01:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by donzi matt
Maybe if you didn't start a thread on every single thing you do with your motors, people would, you know, stop talking about your motors.
The threads are for learning, and gathering info like any other, many here want to see how this all turns out good or bad, hoping good to shut azzhokes like you up already... you couldn't even figure your rpm issue out, so don't go tootin your horn either pal...

All you guys act like your problem free and are king of building, most don't even build, and funny the things said and told behind the scenes... many issues but you perfect people swept under the rug, at least I have the balls to post my issues.
Old 01-11-2017, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I've said on multiple occasions I figured out what the RPM difference was, it was in the props. Next time I will PM you when I figure something out so you can add it to your records. Those motors actually run perfect, and haven't had to have anything done to them since being installed. Feel free to peruse the ONE thread I created about them.
Old 01-11-2017, 01:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thx for the update Mr. Wonderful... carry on.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 1,494 Likes on 808 Posts

Tim if I recall your running trs correct. Original drive height? Boat weight, etc. I would assume your cam guys know all the info in addition to flow numbers. This is conversation not a dig... You acknowledged I liked your old cam specs. Well I really didn't think they were far off but it's pretty well known the engines didn't like them. Your dyno numbers confused me and made me rethink your combo. I think we all did. It had me all over the board with cam shafts on my builds I have to be honest especially now that builds are going in different hull. I know you trust your cam guys and that's a must but just hope they are putting two and two together with intakes along with my first couple of sentences. Your new cam specs sound like they'd make good power. Just in a lighter boat with higher x and more efficient bottom. I realize it is what it is and you have an awesome boat regardless. I've always wanted a cigarette. Regardless where you end up it's pretty certain you'll be in the water enjoying your summer worry free.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

you mean like BCK did? And paid someone to do it all?
I don't like paying someone to build my motors because I want to learn how to do it. In fact I couldn't even come close to affording the engine I built if I had to get it from a builder. I've learned more by making mistakes, blowing up, paying for new components, then build a new better engine. Each one better than the last. When it blows up I blame myself because I, an amateur, missed a step or didn't catch a machining error. Each time I don't make that mistake again. Do I get pizzed off when it blows, yup! Do I get depressed when in the middle of season or funds tight? Absolutely. Have I maybe recieved a bit of misdirection or misinformation that contributed? Absolutely. Do I blame everybody and their brother why MY motor failed? FUKK NO! I take my expensive lesson and move on. Was any of my engines complete optimal? Hell no. They hit the realistically planned power goals each time but in each case reliability suffered from mistakes. Many seasons i missed due to issues I'd have rather ran slow than not ran at all. Will I ever leave anything stock even knowing problems I created? Never.

A wise student learns from mistakes to grow their knowledge. A flunk out blames bad teachers, inadequate conditions, and anybody but themselves.

Be humble and learn. Posting threads for knowledge and constructive criticism is great. People are giving CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, not just criticism usually but you are taking it to be the latter with your hackles up. Yes we are all here, yes we all spend stupid money we may have as excess or had to sacrifice from elsewhere to afford this hobby. You aren't the only one who does so grasshopper.

The drama does create great memes and friggin hilarious videos though so by all means, carry on! I need good laughs.

Last edited by Gimme Fuel; 01-11-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.