Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads? >

AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads?

Notices

AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads?

Old 01-11-2017, 04:08 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Well I guess I got caught. You're right, I paid a builder to build the engines and to dyno them. And I'm almost embarrassed to admit I tried parts on the dyno before I bought them. Believe me, I wish I built my own so it would be someone else's fault if I'm unhappy. I guess that's how it works?

Last edited by bck; 01-11-2017 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:26 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I'll start.

650 hp @ 5900

edit - What's the height of the new vs old intakes so I can fine tune the number?

Last edited by bck; 01-11-2017 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Eliminated572
Tim, has the new cam spec's been available yet? Maybe I missed them trying to read all the pages
Yes.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:35 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
Yes, heavy TRS boat, that was first thing the cam guys asked, I think the smaller cams would have been better in a stepped Fountain over my heavy hull
I'd give the easier to move boat more cam as it will not need as much lower in the rpms than the heavy stuck to the water boat.....let it air out and breath.

Genericaly said, If your boat won't accelerate past 5000rpm, why make more power at 6k and not 5k.

Anyway - you have a schoolbus, not a 67 Nova.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by SB
I'd give the easier to move boat more cam as it will not need as much lower in the rpms than the heavy stuck to the water boat.....let it air out and breath.

Genericaly said, If your boat won't accelerate past 5000rpm, why make more power at 6k and not 5k.

Anyway - you have a schoolbus, not a 67 Nova.
I know, 6 well known cam companies are probably wrong, I mean why would innot listen to what they say? Stupid on my part again for listening to cam grinders over someone on Oso
Old 01-11-2017, 04:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

I would not say I dis advice all the time, but when you have 50 people and half think one thing, other think another, why am I wrong for listening to wrong half? That's one thing that led to some of my issues before..
So 25 people gave you wrong ( bad ) information ?? as I recall you blamed it all on one person, never mind

This is a quote from one of your posts { 629 hp@5900 638tq 4400 in marine trim } from your dyno session, you and who ever was helping, saw the the HP and torque numbers from the dyno graphs throughout the complete pull, the complete curve, peak and max torque and HP, but now you're saying that the torque curve needs moved up because the cams are wrong. IF you all knew the engine wasn't pulling the numbers and you're so well versed in high performance engine building why wasn't this fixed at that time instead of putting them in the boat, Im done good luck

Last edited by F-2 Speedy; 01-11-2017 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:49 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

I know, 6 well known cam companies are probably wrong, I mean why would innot listen to what they say? Stupid on my part again for listening to cam grinders over someone on Oso
You've mentioned this how many times now ? So why do you keep these threads going ?

Take the fukin' chip off your shoulder. You bounce around all over the place like a kid on a pogo stick...both with your emotions and what you think is right.

I'm done for the moment too.

Your are just too much.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by bck
Well I guess I got caught. You're right, I paid a builder to build the engines and to dyno them. And I'm almost embarrassed to admit I tried parts on the dyno before I bought them. Believe me, I wish I built my own so it would be someone else's fault if I'm unhappy. I guess that's how it works?
So.... how did the first builds go that would not stay together? Oh man paying someone worked good thatbtime too huh? I know more about your situation then you realize, people talk... didnyou at least pay him?
Old 01-11-2017, 05:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 33outlawsst
So 25 people gave you wrong ( bad ) information ?? as I recall you blamed it all on one person, never mind

This is a quote from one of your posts { 629 hp@5900 638tq 4400 in marine trim } from your dyno session, you and who ever was helping, saw the the HP and torque numbers from the dyno graphs throughout the complete pull, the complete curve, peak and max torque and HP, but now you're saying that the torque curve needs moved up because the cams are wrong. IF you all knew the engine wasn't pulling the numbers, why wasn't this fixed at that time instead of putting them in the boat, Im done good luck
Because at that point it was what it was, and decided to leave them until I saw a reason to address anything, I mean I didn't have a open checkbooknlike everyone here apparently to just keep spending nonstop... god you people are relentless, feel free to find me I will do whatever is needed
Old 01-11-2017, 05:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by SB
You've mentioned this how many times now ? So why do you keep these threads going ?

Take the fukin' chip off your shoulder. You bounce around all over the place like a kid on a pogo stick...both with your emotions and what you think is right.

I'm done for the moment too.

Your are just too much.
Thank god. You people here made me bounce all over, some guys say this, some say that... so yes it gets you going back and forth. I am soooo glad you are done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.