Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Intake or spacer >

Intake or spacer

Notices

Intake or spacer

Old 07-05-2017, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

I've got a 1050 Dominator that I swapped a guy for one of my Quickfuel 950's, but that is all I have. Everything else was sold over the winter.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TylerBurich
That's Bad Ass! Did you consider using the AED spacer with your new manifold? I've been looking at them for my QFT 800 on the merlin intakes I already have. I know your boat is a totally different animal but I curious what the x dim is compared to my 311 trs. Seems like the boat really likes your "Setup". Congrats on the gains!!!

My prop shaft depth is 4.5" below the hull. I started out at 7.5" below, so with the current setup it seems more inline with what is done on modern hulls. I haven't tried any spacers with this intake because I don't have the room under the hatch. The Brodix intake is about an inch higher than my pervious Darts.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
Okay, thanks for the info. I looked that up earlier and I saw the 3 circuits (thus 3 air bleeds per throttle bore)....so I figured/hoped you got something else or the pic was wrong. LOL.

Nice !
Ha- yes I've enough horror stories about guys with 3 circuits trying to tune them for boats. I've got enough headaches that I don't need another.
Old 07-09-2017, 12:47 PM
Registered

Well now that I finally have the Formula all done, I did something really dumb, I bought another boat. Well just kidding about the dumb part. I just picked the 38 KAAMA Scarab that was for sale here. I'm going to be redoing the entire boat- new vinyl everywhere, new rigging, and new paint, and when time, the 509's will go in the boat. At some point the engines will get some 8-71's along with new pistons and I'll replace the TRS drives with #5's. So here is the new project, game plan is to have it done for summer of 2019. Once I start on it, I'll start a thread.
Attached Thumbnails Intake or spacer-img_0173.jpg.jpeg  

Last edited by endeavour32; 07-09-2017 at 11:40 PM.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

Congrats!
Words from experience, don't tear the Formula apart till the Scarab is close to completion. Did that last year, hindsight is 20/20.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rookie
Congrats!
Words from experience, don't tear the Formula apart till the Scarab is close to completion. Did that last year, hindsight is 20/20.

Trust me I know. I'm taking my time with this, and when it's done it's done. I'm over killing myself with deadlines. How much do you have left to do on your AT?
Old 07-09-2017, 10:54 PM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavour32
How much do you have left to do on your AT?
Wax, gas and oil changes.
I had it out last September. 3 months of busting a$$ in the middle of the summer. Just had a fuel delivery issue. Junk in the STBD tank clogging up the pickup tube. This summer I've had it out every weekend besides this weekend, I took the cruiser out. Now I'm putting together new engines for the Panther to maybe eventually sell...
Old 07-09-2017, 11:39 PM
Registered

When I bought the Formula it sat for close to 8 years. The fuel was varnished and I had pebble like substance in the tank. I fought the "pebbles" clogging my pick-up tubes for half a summer. I don't know what to do about the Formula. It's worth 2x in parts than if left whole. I really don't want to part it out, but I'm also not going to sell it without engines for what I could sell just the ITS boxes for. Well I have at least a year to figure what to do with it.

This boat has been sitting for 4 years, I'm going to put a battery in it this up coming weekend and see how much fuel is in it. I'm hoping the tanks are empty.