pull manifold drain plugs
pull oil cooler drain plugs
pull lower hoses off engine
pull hoses off raw water pump
pull hull drain plug
drives neutral
remove batteries
raise front of trailer
cover and walk away, has worked for 18 years in northern Michigan cold indoor storage.
That's what I do. Also remove outdrives and spray oil down intake runners but he mentioned he couldn't get at drain plugs at beginning of thread. I have enough space to lay down in front of engines or over the top. He stated not enough space in his Nordic.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Drain all water from engine block , manifolds , coolers etc etc ... We put sterndrive into 110 gallon of -50 . Start Engine , spray fogging oil in engine while running . When antifreeze flows out exhaust , we quit . I've disassembled literally 100's of engines that have been fogged . If they werent fogged , they started flash rust on the cylinder walls in a matter of hours. We would fog all race engines after the race. If the tuner forgot , or wasnt able to , the cylinder walls would stain up , on the truck ride home.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dunnitagain
Drain all water from engine block , manifolds , coolers etc etc ... We put sterndrive into 110 gallon of -50 . Start Engine , spray fogging oil in engine while running . When antifreeze flows out exhaust , we quit . I've disassembled literally 100's of engines that have been fogged . If they werent fogged , they started flash rust on the cylinder walls in a matter of hours. We would fog all race engines after the race. If the tuner forgot , or wasnt able to , the cylinder walls would stain up , on the truck ride home.
agreed. Nothing rusts faster in an engine than the cylinder walls. It is most delicate and suscetible part of engine👍👍