Old 10-25-2017, 08:23 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Old 10-25-2017, 08:37 PM
BUP
Banned

Above in my 2 past post - I copied and paste a link from youtube -- possible youtube can not be linked to the forums up here ??? I can not see it nor even see it if I log in from another computer.. this forum does not allow a blank post to be posted but it looks from my side to be nothing posted for # 31 .

. This site has huge issues all the time. Really becoming a pain the azz to even come up here. I have to use fire fox to get to the forums. Internet Explorer will not let me even get on the forums for OSO. It will show V bulletin in blue print only. .

And will mention THIS is the only site it happens to from my laptop, I can go on riverdaves, FB and a crap load of other sites without one issue period even post pics again witrhout one delay or one issue but OSO is always an issue. WTH .

Last edited by BUP; 10-25-2017 at 10:46 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

BUP why do you recommend fogging and a soup mix and not antifreeze. Talking out of both sides of your mouth if you ask me. If open air doesn’t create rust/oxidation in water passageways, then cylinder walls don’t need fogging oil. It’s the same argument.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:08 PM
BUP
Banned

I do not fog anything period nor have I ever recommended fogging anything. fogging thru the intake tracks just coats them and leaves deposits on the valves and spark plugs . - When the intake track gets coated it causes the air flow to become turbulent . This in return causes rough idling and so on for a short jist.

soup mix is a compete fuel system persay protection plus the two stroke motor oil mixed in it also acts as fogging protection as well. Take a look at 2 stroke outboard engines - they run all day long for years in salt water and no one ever lays them up with fogging oil nor pink anti freeze. In non corrosive lake waters only I have NEVER SEEN a 2 stroke outboard engine die from corrosion internal issues ever -- why because of the 2 stroke oil protection especially pre mix gas with oil in the tank that they run on. That mix is 50 to 1 for most 2 stroke outboards.

As for the soup mix why a boat owner should do that as well for lay ups more than 30 days is --- way more fuel system issues have brought down engines than not putting in pink anti freeze ever will period. Pink 3 dollar anti freeze is more for plumbing systems and PVC piping IMO unless it is stated corrosion inhibitors added and for all metal protection against corrosion. . I know this for a fact. I have never seen nor know of any marine engine that fell apart or corroded because it did not have pink anti freeze in it for lay ups regardless of the location. If that was the case I surely would not have the customer base I have. I have never used it period. If ones engine is becoming internally corroded badly - then one needs to run a closed cooling system on the marine engine.

Also Indmar in their owners manuals recommends pulling drains and hoses only. and leaving them all out for the winter. .

Fogging an EFI and MPI engine thru the intake is NOT recommend by Mercruiser nor Volvo period never has been nor ever will.

Last edited by BUP; 10-25-2017 at 09:41 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
I do not fog anything period -

soup mix is a compete fuel system persay protection plus the two stroke motor oil also acts as fogging protection as well. Take a look at 2 stroke outboard engines - they run all day long for years in salt water and no one ever lays them up with fogging oil nor pink anti freeze. In non corrosive lake waters only I have NEVER SEEN a 2 stroke outboard engine die from corrosion internal issues ever -- why because of the 2 stroke oil protection especially pre mix gas with oil in the tank. That mix is 50 to 1.

As for as the soup mix and another reason why is --- way more fuel system issues have brought down engines than not putting in pink anti freeze ever will period. Pink 3 dollar anti freeze is more for plumbing systems and PVC piping IMO unless it is stated corrosion inhibitors added and for all metal protection against corrosion. . I know this for a fact.

Also Indmar in their owners manuals recommend pulling drains and hoses only. and leaving them all out for the winter. .

Fogging an EFI and MPI engine thru the intake is NOT recommend by Mercruiser nor Volvo period never has been.
you really didn’t address my question. Why is air on an empty water passageway acceptable but not on a cylinder wall? Doesn’t make any sense. . Just my 0.02.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:49 PM
BUP
Banned

double post -

Last edited by BUP; 10-25-2017 at 10:14 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:50 PM
BUP
Banned

boats have open exhaust systems so how many stop air completely entering into the cylinder walls that way. especially for the many that store outside no matter of location and the ones WHOM STORE above the salt waters on a hoist and even store their boat IN SALT WATERS year after year 365 days of the year. How about answering that one for corrosion protection. Not everyone has thru hull exhaust either so salt water sits in the exhaust passage thru the outdrive when stored in the waters of lakes or in saltwaters . Pink anti freeze is not going to stop cylinder walls from corrosion, Like I said run heat exchangers if your cylinder walls are corroding because of not using pink anti freeze for 2 to 6 month lay ups.. Internally running your engine with open cooling system on the waters, the corrosion has already started from day one. Pink anti freeze is not going to turn back the clock for that.

If internal corrosion and the cylinder walls corroding is what one is worried about why would that person run open cooling systems ? Especially spendind anytime in salt waters - even doing one or 2 poker runs in salt ?

Last edited by BUP; 10-25-2017 at 10:04 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
boats have open exhaust systems so how many stop air completely entering into the cylinder walls that way. especially for the many that store outside no matter of location and the ones WHOM STORE above the salt waters on a hoist and even store their boat IN SALT WATERS year after year 365 days of the year. How about answering that one for corrosion protection. Not everyone has thru hull exhaust either so salt water sites in the exhaust passage thru the outdrive .
forget it your missing the point...
Old 10-25-2017, 10:44 PM
BUP
Banned

http://msdssearch.dow.com/PublishedLiteratureDOWCOM/dh_0073/0901b80380073445.pdf?filepath=heattrans/pdfs/noreg/180-01530.pdf&fromPage=GetDoc

If this product is still around and still made the same -- I do know it had the correct ph balance and enough corrosion inhibitors in the mix. for lay up protection.

unreal posting this on the forum and how screwed up it is. even if you click here it takes you to the DOW link.

Last edited by BUP; 10-26-2017 at 12:15 AM.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like pulling carbs and spraying fogging oil right down all of the intake runners. Remove coil wire and crank over a couple revs coats everything with unburned rustihibiting oil.then reinstall carbs. After all water is drained. Best you can do. Never believed in spraying into running engine, it just burns it. I have to admit i do like the aroma

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.