Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Best option for Bravo One Sea Water pump ? >

Best option for Bravo One Sea Water pump ?

Notices

Best option for Bravo One Sea Water pump ?

Old 03-14-2020, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Anyone running one of these? Impressions?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SEA-WATER-P...EAAOSwo4pYD4p2
Old 03-14-2020, 10:41 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tractionless
I have just the SS housings affixed to the OE Merc pumps on '96 7.4LX MPI's. I've run the impellers for two seasons with zero end wear and only "wrinkling" on the insides of the impeller blades. Actually thinking about going 3 seasons on the impellers. I only buy the rebuild kits with the plates every other impeller change as I flip the plates to give a fresh wear surface to the impeller. I've seen no drop in water pressure doing this nor running the impellers for 2 seasons.
Thanks that seems like the best move to me, I'm going to buy a merc pump and then buy that stainless housing / kit next season.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I've been running a SS Hardin pump on my 525 for 10 years or so now. I used to replace the impeller every year but they always look like new so I changed to every other year. Last year my water pressure dropped and sometimes the pump would not prime itself and I had to get the boat moving forward to force water into the intake and then it would be ok the rest of the day but pressure was still lower. I rebuilt the pump twice and the second time I reversed the wear plates. Still had the same problem. Last week I rebuilt the pump with a hardin kit with new wear plates and hopefully problem will be resolved. Has anyone else experienced this? I did check everything else I could think of that could cause a drop in water pressure. My plastic pump did break at the hose connection and that's when I switched to the Hardin.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
I've been running a SS Hardin pump on my 525 for 10 years or so now. I used to replace the impeller every year but they always look like new so I changed to every other year. Last year my water pressure dropped and sometimes the pump would not prime itself and I had to get the boat moving forward to force water into the intake and then it would be ok the rest of the day but pressure was still lower. I rebuilt the pump twice and the second time I reversed the wear plates. Still had the same problem. Last week I rebuilt the pump with a hardin kit with new wear plates and hopefully problem will be resolved. Has anyone else experienced this? I did check everything else I could think of that could cause a drop in water pressure. My plastic pump did break at the hose connection and that's when I switched to the Hardin.
Bravoits maybe
Old 03-15-2020, 09:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood

See post #50
Old 03-15-2020, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

OK, I'll see what happens when I can get on the water but the pump has worked well for many years. Probably something else going on.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:04 PM
Registered

Who has the best deal on the factory pump w the plastic housing? I know most places are all pretty close on price, anyone have a sale coming up, free shipping, anything?
Old 03-17-2020, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Tractionless
Anyone running one of these? Impressions?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SEA-WATER-P...EAAOSwo4pYD4p2
Looks great but the housing is usually not the issue, those damn impellers are
Old 03-24-2020, 03:06 AM
Registered

I'm gonna cave in and get the new Hardin gen 7 plus, any vendors that sell it? Is there any reason I can't run a v belt pulley with it on my SBC?

Old 04-22-2020, 08:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pismo10
Looks great but the housing is usually not the issue, those damn impellers are
No problem with impellers here. About to try 3 seasons outta my Merc impellers in Hardin SS housings. After 2 seasons there's only a wrinkle in each blade and water pressure is same as new. I NEVER run shallower than 2' below my resting draft; therefore, I do not see murky water. Fully raw water cooled with wet tips and no sea strainers.

I do have a pump housing leaking lube so I ordered the unit referenced in post #51. I guess I'll be the guinea pig as I'm not wanting to rebuild OE.

Last edited by Tractionless; 04-22-2020 at 08:52 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.