Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Tunell raaammm!!!! >

Tunell raaammm!!!!

Notices

Tunell raaammm!!!!

Old 01-03-2022, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

The stacks have been great....been running this with the Holley HP for about the last 9 years. Bought the Enderle stack from Alkydigger - had the injector bosses cast in and integral thermostat housing. I'm not sure if you can still get them or not. I had to make the vacuum manifold, but did it all under the intake so you can't see it. I have a thread on here somewhere detailing the whole conversion from carb to efi.

The following 10 users liked this post by rvander68:
abones (01-04-2022), AllDodge (01-04-2022), articfriends (01-04-2022), Gimme Fuel (01-05-2022), KAAMA (01-05-2022), offshoredrillin (01-04-2022), SB (01-05-2022), speicher lane (01-04-2022), the deep (01-04-2022), Twin O/B Sonic (01-05-2022)
Old 01-04-2022, 10:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Gettrdun,
Not sure on the exact numbers. I dont have the dyno sheets. Motors were done when I bought the boat. Not really interested in opening up motors to stroke them. Im i know im over simplifying it, but figured if there was a decent gain by just switching intakes and tuning, why not.
Old 01-04-2022, 10:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Probably some but NA 509’s your nearing full potential (within reason) unless you were gonna turn it 6k plus. Where did you peak with current builds/mods? I’m sure many would disagree however I’d target in on stroking them. Then at least you knew going into it you’d see a 75 hp gain min without spending a bunch more money. Just a guess but cost of the tunnels PLUS some costly porting$$$. Could probably stroke for under 3k a side.
Originally Posted by KWright
The short answer is yes. But at what cost, and what final results are you looking for. Fortunately for me, two of my good friends own a speed shop. Fully equipped with CNC's dyno, and all the machine shop equipment it takes to develop and build engines. 10 years ago when we set out to see how much hp we could make out of a 525 efi based engine we had no idea. We were lucky Dustin was interested enough to tune the computers for us. After many hours modifying the intakes and countless dyno pulls, we cam to the conclusion the intake runners were too long, plenum was too small and all the modifications in the world was not fixing that design. So we went with the Hogan intakes. After about 30 more pulls and having plenum stuffers made we achieved the results on our current dyno sheets. To be honest we could got the same results with the 525 Whipple kits. And a hell of alot cheaper. If you are intent on building NA engines with a 500 efi your first bottleneck is the intakes and throttle body. Just won't flow the air needed. Once you get beyond that cu in. I personally wouldn't go any bigger than 565. Then cylinder heads is going to make you your big numbers, find yourself someone who can support their claims. It definitely is not cheap, but their comes some satisfaction from running away from those 700 stage lll boats.
Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I was at 640hp/670tq w AFR 315 heads, 741 cam w double swap,bigger injectors,asm mono blade but i had 8:1 compression, you can prob get a little more by bumping that
Well just figured out how to multi quote. Lol. Anyway, lots of good info here. I know Im over simplifying it, was thinking it would just be cool to have 700hp by just switching intake and tuning. Not sure my exact numbers, I dont have the dyno sheet. Motors were done when I bought the boat. I know Eddie Young tuned it, might be worth a phone call to him, and pick his a brain a bit. Ill probably just leave it alone. Then Ill have to address the bravos.
Old 01-05-2022, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Unlimited jd
I have one of these kinsler style intakes on a 572 we’re putting in a pro touring style 69 camaro. Real cool setup with Holley hp controller.
I believe Motortrend did an Engine Masters episode on the stack EFI manifolds recently and even played with stack lengths, but it was on a 350-ish ci SBF I believe, so not quite in realm of what I'd think the stacks would be optimal on (big inch motors). Results were very underwhelming compared to a more conventional intake setup surprisingly.
The following users liked this post:
RBeyer (01-10-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 1,493 Likes on 807 Posts

Originally Posted by Got Cigs
Well just figured out how to multi quote. Lol. Anyway, lots of good info here. I know Im over simplifying it, was thinking it would just be cool to have 700hp by just switching intake and tuning. Not sure my exact numbers, I dont have the dyno sheet. Motors were done when I bought the boat. I know Eddie Young tuned it, might be worth a phone call to him, and pick his a brain a bit. Ill probably just leave it alone. Then Ill have to address the bravos.
Please PM me how to multi quote! 😂. I always screw it up.
Old 01-05-2022, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 354 Posts

Gettrdun,
Not sure on the exact numbers. I dont have the dyno sheets. Motors were done when I bought the boat. Not really interested in opening up motors to stroke them. Im i know im over simplifying it, but figured if there was a decent gain by just switching intakes and tuning, why not.
Originally Posted by Gimme Fuel
I believe Motortrend did an Engine Masters episode on the stack EFI manifolds recently and even played with stack lengths, but it was on a 350-ish ci SBF I believe, so not quite in realm of what I'd think the stacks would be optimal on (big inch motors). Results were very underwhelming compared to a more conventional intake setup surprisingly.
Please PM me how to multi quote! 😂. I always screw it up.
its easy,hit the multi quote tab on every post until the last one you want to quote,that last one you hit the quote button and they all get quoted.
Old 01-05-2022, 01:30 PM
Registered

Oh 🙄. Like the button right next to! Wtf is wrong with me. Tks though. I needed a kick in the azz. 😂
Old 01-05-2022, 01:36 PM
Registered

Btw No raaammm’s for getrdunn johnny! Or shaft rockers. I can’t gamble the timeframe on either. T&D claims they don’t have a direct figment for such regardless.
Old 01-05-2022, 02:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 276 Likes on 112 Posts

Btw No raaammm’s for getrdunn johnny! Or shaft rockers. I can’t gamble the timeframe on either. T&D claims they don’t have a direct figment for such regardless.
we run the crower stainless rocker shafts. If I were to run a rocker arm it would also be their stainless one. JMO.
The following 2 users liked this post by KWright:
sutphen 30 (01-05-2022), TylerBurich (01-05-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 04:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KWright
we run the crower stainless rocker shafts. If I were to run a rocker arm it would also be their stainless one. JMO.
Same heads? If so I’ll ck them tomorrow. Tk u

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.