Notices

key west

Old 06-21-2005, 09:43 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: key west

Originally Posted by Ben@SRP
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! OSS did not, has not, nor ever will try and back door anybody's event.

Dry Sump, Don't believe everything you hear... OSS did want to race under a TRUE Unification, not as a stand alone, but it is what it is now... And I say again, Do Not Believe Everything You Hear. I hope you don't. Get the facts and the facts are not going to be posted on OSO, atleast not by me.

Orange Beach, Do we have a winner????
Old 06-21-2005, 09:58 PM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here we go again with all the blah blah blah horse puckey!
Old 06-21-2005, 10:07 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Frank, I respect your opinion and I also respect John's choice to make a business decision that he feels is in the best interest of his company. As a fan of the sport, I don't like the outcome of those discions, but I have to live with them like everyone else.

Yes, I've spoken to many people about this and I'm sure I don't have the COMPLETE story but I stopped digging a while back when I wrote the column. I heard enough and didn't like what I was hearing. Is either side perfect? Of course not. Someone still owes JC a big appology from last year, but lets not go there.

I don't believe I said anything untrue in this thread.

Key West is a race for the fans and racers. It's a brutal event on everyone, three races in one week with 100 boats is a monumental task, no one in thier right mind would enjoy putting that race on each year. But bringing everyone together in Key West at the end of each year is exactly what's needed if we ever hope to get this sport on the right track again.

To put this together, everyone must be willing to compromise. In order for a compromise to work both parties must walk away from the table unsatisfied with the outcome, yet the deal got done.

I don't know if its too late or not but, what will it take to git er done? And bring everyone to KeyWest? Frank, you seem to think many OSS teams will show up in Key West no matter what. It would be great if they all dropped the OSS flag and went to Key West but I doubt that will happen. Time will tell. I just hope the guys that are in charge of this ship know which way they are going, cause we are all going along for the ride.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:19 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Mathews
Nasty "kool aid drinking" Habit.............

Please identify the "Conjecture and Heresay".

MM, you know I luv ya' like a bro, but that seems a little harsh.
Nasty Habit is good peeps, he can even take a joke or two...
Old 06-22-2005, 09:36 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Uh oh, I hope the author doesn't get pissed!
Old 06-22-2005, 10:07 AM
Registered

This is the same story, all racers would like to have a unified event, It is not attitude that prevents this from happening, if it is it is not the racers attitudes from either side. We all have selected were we want to race....like democrats and republicans we will not sway each other, however it would have been nice do a have true year end throw down, but it should not involve additional registration fees and races to quallify for a year end event, anyone spending the time effort and money to race several races and there organization coming together for the fans and racers should be the goal of everyone involved in the sport. GDFather why are the OSS racers the bad guys.......how many sbi racers would be willing to join OSS just to be able to run in a race....not many and vice versus, sure there are a few crossover teams, If you want to voice an opinion call The counch republic they could have forced the issue as Ron P stated for everyone to get something and still make this happen......if they are happy with half as many boats then I am sure some city will be happy to have the other half. Just my opinion.........please kill this thread!
Old 06-22-2005, 04:00 PM
Registered

John,
Hit on the head,enough,let people race where they want.Everybody is happy racing where they are,so let the chips fall where they may.

Wil

PS:Kill the thread
Old 06-22-2005, 05:36 PM
Registered

John and Wil,
Are correct. And I have said; Good luck racing, where ever you choose...

Ben
Old 06-22-2005, 07:47 PM
Registered

Yeah, who needs the fans anyway!
Old 06-22-2005, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No need to delete this thread - let the informed confirm what they already know......and let the newbies see through the "smoke and mirrors".

Quick Reply: key west

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.