Notices

750,850 and class 1

Old 11-25-2009, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 750,850 and class 1

well after 3 days of great racing and good times on duval, things seem quite here. i didn't want to continue the "fury thread" since that was orginally meant to show what guy was doing in Trinidad, but would like to start a new one on the situtation on some how combining the 750,850 and class 1 boats. atleast in my opion, those races with the above classes all in one start put on one of the best shows of the day. i might even go as far as the best racing of the week.

so after seeing the class one guys run and CRC run second to them, Tony, whats your thought on making changes to bring the classes closer ? i heard rumors that the Qatar might bring one boat back or both. appearently the both the 750's and 850's need some work to run with the class one guys but not much to get them to stay in a pack. any thoughts on modifing the 750 or 850 rules now before next season. i don't see the org's changing anything as far as consolidating these classes. so that leaves it up to the racers.

and also with Class 1 announcing a race in Rio (south america) and possibly the bahamas this might be the time to jump on board with similar rules so that the US teams could be invited to run with class one and have "legal" boats that would fight in with the Class one rules.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:55 AM
Registered

Good job catfish. I would love to ask everyone to try an give quality input without sarcastic remarks,mean spirited comments or useless pokes . There are more then enough intelligent people involed in this class that post on these boards to get something positive done. All the ingrediants are here for SUPERCAT to be the macdaddy class in offshore.

if anyone feels the need to be mean or poke fun or be sarcastic please direct it at me. I'll give you lots of things to make fun of.

starting with 8 boats was really cool and we need more of it .
I hope you technical guys can come up with somthing and that everybody keeps an open mind so we can atleast try.

Last edited by GARBAGEMAN; 11-25-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:45 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I agree, Jimmy.....I think we need to start with all of us on a conference call. It would be great to combine these boats that were at the Keys. We've talked with Tony and Paul. It could be a great class
Old 11-25-2009, 04:04 PM
Registered

I'm in, lets get this ball rolling?
Old 11-25-2009, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Any Class 1 action would be a good thing for the sport.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Steve Curtis is talk with JC now and tring to come to some common ground for those classes to all run together. It was some heel of a show, Jimmy and Tony ran neck and neck it was something to watch.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:01 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be great to see the 850 boat rules come into parity with Class1.

What happened to Supercat Lite, just two boats??? That was a huge class last year wasn't it?
Old 11-27-2009, 10:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
It would be great to see the 850 boat rules come into parity with Class1.

What happened to Supercat Lite, just two boats??? That was a huge class last year wasn't it?
I think the economy had a lot to do with only two Supercat Lite boats racing at Key West this year and nothing other then that.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:37 AM
Registered

It will be harder than you think. Class 1 is pretty much unlimited money, high compression motors, lambo sterling etc.

Im not a rules expert but I believe the 750/850 have tons of rules, rev limiters etc. The class 1 guys will not change there stuff the 750/850 guys will have to change. The boats are pretty much the same.

Maybe change the rules to allow more Hp or something.

Open class motors are expensive, and it will require diff props gears etc.

Not a cheap idea.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:00 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry guys, been busy since my $#% woopin in the Keys or embarrassed. HHMM maybe we will show up for all 3 races next year..Anyways ball is rolling, Ive had a couple of conversations with Steve and Tom to outline some gudelines we can start with. They are very interested in racing here next year if we can work together on this whole class. They are very knowledgeable on costs and parity they think we can obtain. I have to say I think this is the best group of people to really unite the whole deal. "people" I mean all of us.

Just a couple things to brew on:

1. The 750 boat are in fact the slowest of the 3. The 850
will probably use an air restrictor that is already
available.

2. The lambo boat will reduce Rpm. We can also use
weight in the future.

3. We need to know who is all in. This we way can make
some small adjustsments over the winter for certain
boats "individually".

4. I have spoke to Abrams and Steve about getting some
boats together and doing some acceleration and top
speed tests during the winter. This will give us a
baseline.

5. We will come up with a set of rules and we will give to
the Org. at the races to fully tech at each site.

6. Steve is looking at race sites as he gets them to
determine where his team would "like" to go for the
maximum exposure for our class. We should do the
same.

Lastly, we will build a small private forum that we can all chat on certain topics on SUPERCATRACING.com. I hope we can invite some great people like JT, Jim Dyke,George Linder(for safety) to participate in disscussions to help with issues. I have gotten alot of feedback from Key west in a very big "positive " way. Any ideas guys ? bring them up. Oso is a great place and alot of fans are really curious---SO BE POSITIVE!!!!

BIGBOY hope u didnt eat too much on Thanksgiving, u better keep the lbs off, your gonna need all the advantages u can get next year. No walk in the park again...

Anybody talk to Mr EFUJON???

Catlite class is one of my favorite classes. I told Mr. Teague he needs to get workin on it. I think there is some action now. i have talked to Mr. Penn from the Unleashed V bottom team who is very interested.. Welcome! Shanon is a very seriuos racer!

Last edited by byrideroffshore; 11-28-2009 at 03:48 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.