Grand Haven, MI exhaust... >

Grand Haven, MI exhaust...

Notices

Grand Haven, MI exhaust...

Old 03-18-2008, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

M troll,

I figure that was coming. They were checking guys on the Muscetowa trail, near the Revanna pub.

Remember the add about them testing a noise gun at one of the MI colleges? Just wait till they sign that thing in. If I remember the article said it was tested and working great and could check noise from like 300'. That would screw just about any boat with a big or small block using the drive by test.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:11 PM
Registered

I have actually decided I am making 5' high smoke stacks, power coated in dark red to match eveything. The water will run out the bottom of the water exits on my switchable Gaffrigs. I will put flaps on the top that cling when its running. And along the back side of my vertical exhaust, it will read "Keep on Truckin' "

Grand Haven, MI exhaust...-612d8863-5b7e-4dff-98b8-7cb91cb92a81.jpg

A pair of these will do!!
Old 03-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MidnightRider
I have actually decided I am making 5' high smoke stacks, power coated in dark red to match eveything. The water will run out the bottom of the water exits on my switchable Gaffrigs. I will put flaps on the top that cling when its running. And along the back side of my vertical exhaust, it will read "Keep on Truckin' "

Attachment 331538

A pair of these will do!!
That is 1 heavy grain hauler.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:09 AM
Registered

This all goes to the good old MI economy. I have a place btwn Augres and Tawas on lake Huron (I know the other side of the state) but 2 years ago you never saw a patrol boat of any kind state,local or coast guard. The coast guard and sheriff are i would say at least 15 miles away in Tawas Bay. this past summer they would sit out about 200 yards offshore and just wait for u to pull away from your dock. And just go over your boat to try and find stuff wrong or outta date. Thats what Jenny has done for this state makes me scared to go out anymore.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cfischer
I totally agree with you cig92 infact when Parnell and I sat down with the Sheriffs last summer they told us the number one complainer is a well known politician name Peter Seckia, don't know if I spelled that right, who lives right by the channel on North Shore drive. He has a direct line to the Sherriff's office. It's BS!! The only thing I am saying is that GH is a great town and now that I am out here and run a marina downtown, I will do whatever I have to keep people coming back to this town. If you had a bad experience and don't want to come back than that's your deal but I am asking you to keep that to yourself and quit scaring away possible customers to the town. I deal with the BS all the time whether it's myself or one of my customers so I feel for everyone that's had problems but it sucks when I meet a possible customer that tells me he will never come to GH because he read about it on OSO.
How can a boater with a pocket full of greenbacks even consider planning a trip to GH when they read events like that in post #97?
Old 03-23-2008, 10:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cig92
I just read this thread for the first time and feel for you guys in MI. I'm from NY (Buffalo). I had walk away to get an ice cream cone and came back to find 4 police officers walking all over my boat, .
I know that this occurred in NY, but question is:
Does law enforcement and/or the GC have the right (as in law) to board your boat without the direct permission of the vessel owner or captain?
Old 03-23-2008, 04:18 PM
Registered

In MI they can board at any time for any reason. It says it in the MI/DNR boaters guide. By putting your boat on any body of water in MI you agree to the rules. Just like allot of people don't know that you can go to jail for impaired driving with a alcohol level of .07. They will usually warn you and have someone else drive, but if your an azz, they can send you to the pokie.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Todd Hartigh
In MI they can board at any time for any reason. It says it in the MI/DNR boaters guide. By putting your boat on any body of water in MI you agree to the rules. Just like allot of people don't know that you can go to jail for impaired driving with a alcohol level of .07. They will usually warn you and have someone else drive, but if your an azz, they can send you to the pokie.
Having it listed in the MI/DNR guide and actual law is two different things. I will do a search and get back to ya. Nobody boards my boat without permission (or a warrant is hand)-------period.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:05 AM
Registered

Coast guard can board your boat at any time without permission at all. DNR as well, I believe.

Local sheriffs need probable cause, permission, or a warrant, I believe. But the local sheriff can still stop you and run you through the ringer, require you to show all your safety equipment, conduct a sobriety test, check your sound levels, etc. They just can't do a search without permission, probable cause, or a warrant, like the CG can.

I believe the rules for siezure of the boat are a little more relaxed for the coast guard as well.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sleeper_dave
Coast guard can board your boat at any time without permission at all. .
They can even chainsaw your deck to find the loot without asking.

Quick Reply: Grand Haven, MI exhaust...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.