Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > LaveyCraft
Out of the Mold- Im blown away! >

Out of the Mold- Im blown away!

Notices

Out of the Mold- Im blown away!

Old 02-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Dave, the feeling is mutual, I too would like to take a ride in your boat. You are welcome anytime.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

question for you, how is the size difference between the 27 and 29 footer is it much ' except for the 2 foot "
i only ask this because i test drove a 27 a few years ago and it was a little on the small side for 100% ocean running on the south east coast. but i really like the fit and finish of there boat's

thank's
mike
Old 02-23-2011, 03:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
question for you, how is the size difference between the 27 and 29 footer is it much ' except for the 2 foot "
i only ask this because i test drove a 27 a few years ago and it was a little on the small side for 100% ocean running on the south east coast. but i really like the fit and finish of there boat's

thank's
mike
yeah... the 2 feet......

Id have loved to had a 29.

The 29 besides the 2 feet <30.6 vs 28.8> just wouldn't fit in my driveway without sticking out-

It has a taller profile along the length of the deck.
the 2750 had profile "removed" to sharpen the look of the boat.

The 2750 looks better (of course my Opinion) and is a faster hull (not my opinion but true) but is a less desirable weekender due to the profile being taken out of the nose to achieve the look.

Most builders would have called the 29 a 30 and the 2750 a 28- or even a 29 but Lavey doesn't include the swim-step in these measurements.

As to the finish these guys build a great product- among the very best available today. My 93 Sebring looks brand new and turns heads everywhere I take it.

If you are in the market you should absolutely take a look at these guys product - they build original in house designs and are great guys to do business with.

Uncle Dave
Old 02-24-2011, 02:45 PM
Registered

thank's u.d

mike
Old 03-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

UD this boat is amazing... Makes young guys like me dream, a very dangerous thing. V10 sounds so much better than I expected and the mpg is ridiculous!
Old 03-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by machloosy View Post
UD this boat is amazing... Makes young guys like me dream, a very dangerous thing. V10 sounds so much better than I expected and the mpg is ridiculous!

Thats a great compliment on a website loaded with high 6 and low 7 figure boats.

Ill put my rig up against any its size though as an all "rounder".

Keep dreaming - and make it happen. Don't limit yourself to anything. If a regular guy like me can do it so can you.

The Ilmor gives this boat a really neat "personality" and extremely friendly operational traits.

May I ask how old you are and how it is that you came to this particular thread on this whole site?

Thanks again.

U.D.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Registered

I still like how the engine room was left 'unfinished'. I'm sure they put a coat of clear gel to smooth things out, but it is pretty neat to see the transom and coring underneath the glass. Shows how clean of a layup they did.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by c_deezy View Post
I still like how the engine room was left 'unfinished'. I'm sure they put a coat of clear gel to smooth things out, but it is pretty neat to see the transom and coring underneath the glass. Shows how clean of a layup they did.

I struggled with how to finish the bilge, and your comment gives me comfort.

Thanks.

Uncle Dave
Old 03-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
I struggled with how to finish the bilge, and your comment gives me comfort.

Thanks.

Uncle Dave
I personally like the resin/clear coated bilge better than a painted bilge. It's pretty cool to actually see the lamination and how clean it is.
Also, there is a positive benefit in having a clear blige, IF in doubt there ever happened to be lamination problems down the road you will be able to spot it almost instantly where as with a painted bilge you will pretty much never know untill it's to late.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Registered

Early on in the build cycle I saw the engine hatch on the 28 evo and the contrast of the balsa patterns and the clear gel through a curved surface just looked cool and I decided- but then thought about it the whole time.

Never thought about it from a damage perspective but yeah makes sense Chris.

UD
Attached Thumbnails Out of the Mold- Im blown away!-28-evo-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Out of the Mold- Im blown away!

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser