Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nor-Tech
36 With 1460 hp Chief turbo >

36 With 1460 hp Chief turbo

Notices

36 With 1460 hp Chief turbo

Old 01-31-2014, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thankīs for the info "Cannon" ..thatīs about what i Heard about the props to. Only difrence is that i got 1.35 ratio wonder what that will mean in the end ?
I saw some pics of a 36ī with Potter 1550īs called "Evil Doctor" i Think. Is that for real..? And does anyone know how that Went..?
I hawe tried to post some pics and ewen joined the "Photobucket" but iīm a big djoke when it comes to computers .
So i will get some help one day or Another and maybe it will work finally. But iīm wery happy that you guys anderstand my bad English though
It is funny as you say how people react to this Cats in our countries where they sems so rare compared to US. It almost looks like they seen an Alien or rockstar when you com thunderig in to port .
Old 02-01-2014, 03:56 AM
Registered

Received 916 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by mrmalo32
Hey
yes "Loose Cannon" went to Australia, and is very popular down here, people just love it.
since i got it back here i have been going through everything just checking and have only found the methanol system needed replacing and im still working on getting trailer registered
it is a fantastic boat and a credit to Nortech and "Joe" for the job they have done on it
its power now is at 1200 with Meth injection while i get used to it
it was at 1350 and been told she will run 180+ with rpm at 7600
props are Herring 17-38-18 turning out with cupping removed if that helps you Kjell, the cannon is from what i have seen on OSO in the last 12mths the closest to what you have
if you want the exact numbers off the props just let me know
I'm so glad to see the cannon has found a good home. I didn't even know Joe had sold it until late last summer when I hit him up about attending the Lake Cumberland poker run. I witnessed one of those 1350's on the dyno and help him haul them to NT, my ears rang for a week. Unfortunately he had fueling issues just a few weeks later, and both engines were damaged before I got my ride. I know she hit at least 176mph, somewhere I still have that screenshot backed up by a cell phone GPS. She is a very fast and well build boat by anyone's standards. I really believe that 1350 setup had the potential to bust 190mph on calm water with someone experienced enough to push it down... Once you get that methanol injection hooked back up, add some decent seat time, and I'm pretty certain she will still fulfill any need for speed upwards of 160 with your current engines.

Kjell, see how easy it is to find good info on here... If you would like to speak with the previous owner about his setup, he's not active on here but I know how to get you in touch.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:03 AM
Registered

I heard the Chief mention that there could be some isues about the cooling in high speeds.
And that we eventualy will be forced to build the water picups longer.
Because the boat lifts so high in those high speeds.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kjell
Hello guys, i am located in Stockholm Sweden. I bougt a N-T 36` 3 year ago with Mrd 850 it run about 130 mph with 6# drives and Herring 5 blade 17x33`. Now i bought 2 new Engines from Chief that will be deliverd to Stockholm in February. These are 557 cui Twin turbos with all the latest in motor technology they tell me. In the dyno with 18,5 psi they put out 1461 hp on 93 pump gas and the rew limiter kicks in at 7000 rpm i think. Du you think the boat can handel that Power and how careful must i be with it ? I am boating in the Stockholm archipellago so it is not so rough seas..more like your lakes i think. So i was wondering about props ?, they tell me that 17x38 will be the best for me. I am the only 36 in Sweden that i knew of and there is only 1 more NT here a 50` with T- 53 turbines so if you experienced guys hawe som thoughts about this i be more than happy. / ps sorry for the bad Spelling i hope you understand :-).
You are always better off with more power then not enough! When i had 525s in my NT cat i ran it at 90% to full all the time witch got boring especially knowing the motors were not going to last very long. Now with 900 HP per side my 60% throttle is what my full throttle used to be and the motors are just purring nicely cruising 90 MPH at 3700 RPM. Now i wish i could have more power!
Old 02-03-2014, 11:32 AM
Registered

Old 02-03-2014, 11:34 AM
Registered

The old MRD 850īs
Old 02-03-2014, 11:37 AM
Registered

The new Chiefs
Old 02-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Registered

Old 02-03-2014, 11:42 AM
Registered

Behind one of my trucks..and if there is no ramp awalible i can also lift it to the water with the knuckleboom.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:45 AM
Registered

One off my older trucks so you can se how i can transport it on the flatbed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.