Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Offshore Super Series (OSS)
0ss=professional Racers >

0ss=professional Racers

Notices

0ss=professional Racers

Old 05-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Wil , Tom and I are interested in anything that may help..I have to go to Key West to find a spot to get married..I leave at 5...If i dont get married my boat will be my new address
45 38skater lane..Dover Ohio...Be safe ...it will all work out...tell john dont start debates on here..I deleted my last one..he did not...Tell joey i miss him...when he cusses back at you , kick him for me...

Doug I will...some cool stuff happening
Old 05-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SVL4
Tom,
Not for you?
Why than did Bull aproach Mercury for the same deal on the 850 program that OSS has in place and you are so against.

Wil
Wil,

I have tried not to post here as I got my crew chief kicked off by using his login but since you seam to know so much please explain to everyone here what you mean by the statement above? If you are implying that I tried to go to Mercury and get the same 850 deal for the pro series that would make you a liar and I think that is what Tony has been trying to say however he always tries to remain politically correct (He is like that NICE GUY)

I race Mercury engines and can say nothing but great things about Mercury however I do not believe in any monopoly in racing it drives costs up and does not allow for fair and competitive racing in the long term. This has been proven over and over again.

As for the post "OSS=Professional Racer" I am happy for you and all of the racers it’s nice to see race teams win money. I am sure you did not mean to insinuate that other teams racing elsewhere like say OPA, SBI, POPRA, etc are not professional racers, I am sure you did not mean to insult people that have been racing or participating as a medical, inspector, safety, referee, etc.. supporting other racers for years unprofessional, I am also sure you never meant to demean the people who for years have dedicated their lives supporting the sport and race teams just because they do not race within OSS.

Some people are not as fortunate as others and have limited budgets to race with; a lot of these teams can not afford a closed canopied boat or the latest and greatest equipment so they have to race within organizations that allow them to do so. Since I have had the luxury of racing in all of these classes and many organizations I can tell you that just because you race in a certain organization, class, or get paid if you win does not make you a professional racer.

I also reviewed some posts here asking what we want, not speaking for the Pro Series here but for me I would like to see people race and have fun,. see people like you and others stop lying to everyone, stop the grandstanding while drinking their own bath water, call a spade a spade, and if you win great if you loose go home and do your homework but only after congratulating the team that just beat you, I would like to see the sport return to an honorable sport and the competitors become good sports not loud mouths, self indulgent, arrogant, idiots all fighting for a plastic trophy and of course spending 50k to race a race and gloat about winning 20k.

As for the St. Cloud race prize money, the teams donated most of it back to the Rotary, we also provided 2 local community kids an opportunity to attend collage that they would not have been able to do, and we also were part of providing other community services for the elderly, housing assistance for others in the community. So you may be right, we (Pro Series) and others may not be professional racers because we did not get paid all of that money that everyone else did, but we can live with that and the fact that others will be able to live a little better as well.

As I stated I am happy for you and the other teams and wish you the best of luck with this money thing. As for Brett you need to start working on your boat as I saw you did not do so well in the last event are you loosing your touch? Or do you still need me to program your GPS? How’s the wife?

Wil I will be in Pickwick this weekend so if you want to talk to Tom or Tony they will take my calls I can get them of the phone for you if you would like? Be Safe and try not to let that head swell too much the canopy hatch is only so big…..

Sorry Dave I gues they will kick you off again since I used your login to post this, they seem to be ignoring my request to send me my password and other items I requested here.

Bob Bull

CMS #3
Old 05-04-2007, 09:19 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As for the St. Cloud race prize money, the teams donated most of it back to the Rotary, we also provided 2 local community kids an opportunity to attend collage that they would not have been able to do, and we also were part of providing other community services for the elderly, housing assistance for others in the community.
Not my sand box, but that was very generous and a honorable thing to do.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by paintkahuna
Wil,

I have tried not to post here as I got my crew chief kicked off by using his login but since you seam to know so much please explain to everyone here what you mean by the statement above? If you are implying that I tried to go to Mercury and get the same 850 deal for the pro series that would make you a liar and I think that is what Tony has been trying to say however he always tries to remain politically correct (He is like that NICE GUY)

I race Mercury engines and can say nothing but great things about Mercury however I do not believe in any monopoly in racing it drives costs up and does not allow for fair and competitive racing in the long term. This has been proven over and over again.

As for the post "OSS=Professional Racer" I am happy for you and all of the racers it’s nice to see race teams win money. I am sure you did not mean to insinuate that other teams racing elsewhere like say OPA, SBI, POPRA, etc are not professional racers, I am sure you did not mean to insult people that have been racing or participating as a medical, inspector, safety, referee, etc.. supporting other racers for years unprofessional, I am also sure you never meant to demean the people who for years have dedicated their lives supporting the sport and race teams just because they do not race within OSS.

Some people are not as fortunate as others and have limited budgets to race with; a lot of these teams can not afford a closed canopied boat or the latest and greatest equipment so they have to race within organizations that allow them to do so. Since I have had the luxury of racing in all of these classes and many organizations I can tell you that just because you race in a certain organization, class, or get paid if you win does not make you a professional racer.

I also reviewed some posts here asking what we want, not speaking for the Pro Series here but for me I would like to see people race and have fun,. see people like you and others stop lying to everyone, stop the grandstanding while drinking their own bath water, call a spade a spade, and if you win great if you loose go home and do your homework but only after congratulating the team that just beat you, I would like to see the sport return to an honorable sport and the competitors become good sports not loud mouths, self indulgent, arrogant, idiots all fighting for a plastic trophy and of course spending 50k to race a race and gloat about winning 20k.

As for the St. Cloud race prize money, the teams donated most of it back to the Rotary, we also provided 2 local community kids an opportunity to attend collage that they would not have been able to do, and we also were part of providing other community services for the elderly, housing assistance for others in the community. So you may be right, we (Pro Series) and others may not be professional racers because we did not get paid all of that money that everyone else did, but we can live with that and the fact that others will be able to live a little better as well.

As I stated I am happy for you and the other teams and wish you the best of luck with this money thing. As for Brett you need to start working on your boat as I saw you did not do so well in the last event are you loosing your touch? Or do you still need me to program your GPS? How’s the wife?

Wil I will be in Pickwick this weekend so if you want to talk to Tom or Tony they will take my calls I can get them of the phone for you if you would like? Be Safe and try not to let that head swell too much the canopy hatch is only so big…..

Sorry Dave I gues they will kick you off again since I used your login to post this, they seem to be ignoring my request to send me my password and other items I requested here.

Bob Bull

CMS #3
Now I remember why we had so much fun as Teamates - I miss you.

When I get back to it next year will you program my GPS for me ?, I still don't know how.

Gregg Reichman
Old 05-04-2007, 10:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by paintkahuna
As for the St. Cloud race prize money, the teams donated most of it back to the Rotary, we also provided 2 local community kids an opportunity to attend collage that they would not have been able to do, and we also were part of providing other community services for the elderly, housing assistance for others in the community.
That's what I call professionals.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bunch of FIRST CLASS guys.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:31 AM
Registered

Default History....25 yrs. racing???

Hey Tony:

Watch out in Key West, as History with Offshore Racers are not very impressive: B.Hamlim-No; Joey Impressia-Yes; Bob Kaiser-No; Rick Felsen-she never showed up-No, but she was hot...Victoria the Russian; Husband & wife race team-triple 30' spectre-forgot their name-NO 1 out of 5

Above are Old retired Boat Racers...I'm sure we have more Key West Weddings....I just can't remember....still a great place...

Just joking Tony, good luck, just don't hurt the boat...You never bought the race insurance...

Hope all the big boys get together, as the competition, with small #'s in some classes, does little for the sites & sponsors...Over the 25 yrs. I raced, history seems to repeat itself...What always pissed me off, we all liked each other, but our self-interests split us in half....I couldn't race against 3 boats or less....It was great when you beat 6 or 7 boats, with identical motors (stock) Super Cat light & V's with 525's....great classes..Thanks Michael..always respected you for that....

Still...God Bless all of you, stay healthy, and I quote "Jim Dyke & Kevin Brown, slogan on his first Race Boat 1987 "Team Skater" " THINK FAST" later known as High Risk 171.....

Rick Felsen Hawk Race Consultants, Ltd.

Last edited by hawkrace; 05-06-2007 at 12:37 AM.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Registered

Talking

Rick it is good 2 see U post, Hope U are doing well after all your delimas...P.S. John & Jill Ingle told me to say Hello for them...
Old 05-08-2007, 06:00 PM
Registered

Bob,
It was good to see you in Pickwick eventhough your gimble sidelined you. I can't figure out the new gps but it really doesn't matter when there isn't anyone to race. I've spent the last 4 days trying to do something with the SV and move to SCL. I should of followed your lead a few years ago. Maybe you can help me but the MTI's don't look very good right now in the race. I heard you are putting #6's on the MTI.
Brett
786-251-6144
PS you know I took 1st and last place but only got prize money for one position???
Old 05-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BAD APPLE
Bob,
It was good to see you in Pickwick eventhough your gimble sidelined you. I can't figure out the new gps but it really doesn't matter when there isn't anyone to race. I've spent the last 4 days trying to do something with the SV and move to SCL. I should of followed your lead a few years ago. Maybe you can help me but the MTI's don't look very good right now in the race. I heard you are putting #6's on the MTI.
Brett
786-251-6144
PS you know I took 1st and last place but only got prize money for one position???
Brett,

I was great seeing you as well. Unfortunately SV is becoming a class of the past. Everyone has their opinions so I will leave mine off of here.

As for the MTI, I think it is a great boat and can win races just as good as any other the Skater is also a good boat. Our old boat with the Imco's was so much faster we did not have to work too hard to win. Today however the 6 drives have been tested and dialed in, they allow the boats to turn much harder and maintain good corner speeds.

More than anything else no matter what boat it's based on the teams in the boats. The guys racing Crew, Popeye’s, Peppers, etc.. are running and doing their homework. I was very impressed watching them run this past week they are great racers and very proficient. This does not come to anyone overnight without doing your homework. These guys and the class would be a great class to race in it is competitive and a great bunch of guys to race with.

Dennis is going to change over to 6's not sure if he is going to 850's or 525's but either way the boat can win. If anyone thinks they can buy the latest technology and win in SCL they are way off base. There are a number of teams that will work hard at eating your lunch every time you put the boat in the water. That makes it a great class if you win you will have earned it.

Great Job SCL Guys!

Quick Reply: 0ss=professional Racers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.