Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Offshore Super Series (OSS)
0ss=professional Racers >

0ss=professional Racers

Notices

0ss=professional Racers

Old 05-02-2007, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Okay to keep this very SIMPLE if I get 6 SUPERCATS to Orange beach and LOTO, what is the prize money going to be EXACTLY..What is it additionally for more boats 7..8...
I agree this gets people motivated..BUT ITS GOT TO BE KNOWN UP FRONT AND GUARANTEED!!!! HEll ill take dump truck if you want to put one up....
Old 05-02-2007, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tony,
What was your guaranteed purse in St. Cloud?
$6000.00 in Biloxi not including any merc rebate or contingency money
Brett
Old 05-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

one can't say exactly tony depends who shows up,
say for example ( I just picked this number for easy math)
25 boats registered each boat would be worth 2000.00
if 5 super cats showed up that class would have a 10,000.00 purse if 6 than 12,000.0
Old 05-02-2007, 05:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Tom , for the record I was against the single engine rule however once we did it I THINK IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO, I know the old factory class guys swear the mupltiple engines hurt F -1 and 2 ( I think there where other problems but the engine situation certainly help) single engine supplier does level the playing field at least in that department (power)
All this being said I do think that there should always be an extream or open class where you can " run what you brung" open choices for power and other equipment , that way manufactors can showcase there products such as wiesmans surpurb drives multi speed transmissions etc.
An added benefit is that the other classes can see if there is a competitive advantage to these products or safety etc and could than see if they have a place in another class
who didn't like to see the old open class 4 engine 46 or 50 foot boats ripping by However history showed that not many people are willing to pony up for that .
Old 05-02-2007, 06:02 PM
Registered

Tom,
One source engines is why the SCL,VL,V are all so close in competition.Its working in those classes why would it not work in SC.When you do the math,the 850 packages cost 4k more than the 525 packages.The economics work,numbers are numbers and they can not be disputed.

Wil
Old 05-02-2007, 06:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

Wil the # dont work I can run for three years for the price of going to the 850 program.If its such a great deal why only three boats.Hey Wil if economics work so well built yourself a 850 its not for us,thanks for the offer.Besides numbers can be disputed.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:26 PM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Vinny,

My post was not negative, it was realistic (plus and minus = total).

It seems that your post was incorrect, that is what has sparked the other comments.

I have always liked the single engine class. I am planning on having one together for the worlds in Key West. It is a long trek from California but we want to give Steve M. a run for his money.

You guys should get the new 525 I heard they have more power than the old ones.

pat W
Old 05-02-2007, 08:35 PM
Registered

Tom,
Not for you?
Why than did Bull aproach Mercury for the same deal on the 850 program that OSS has in place and you are so against.

Wil
Old 05-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1bagger
Is OSS coming to Toronto this year? It's not on the calender.
Don't think so... we had a few issues with the promoter... at least on the vendor side of things... I don't know how the racers found it. Have not heard anything from last years promoter at least, and you'd think that with the money we spent last year they'd be banging on our door this year if they were coming back. So... so far... no news. I enjoyed the racing part of it last year. Didn't get the crowds it should have though... I never heard anything on the radio or tv myself... but I don't listen to that stuff to much so maybe I just never heard it.

We have a great location just north of Toronto in Barrie Ontario... a big long bay with the city right at the end of it and prime viewing along the shores, hell... Hooters is right on the water for the awards ceremony... If anyone is interested I'd be willing to start asking around... probably for next year at this point though.

http://www.city.barrie.on.ca/Home.cf...M=0&MI=2&L1M=2
Old 05-02-2007, 10:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

Wil did he buy them?Give him a call im sure he would love to here from you.Maybe its the same as the other 9 votes that were buying in also.Im not against any thing, Im happy with the engines we have and the extra dollars in the bank.If you need Bobs # just PM me thanks

Quick Reply: 0ss=professional Racers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.