Originally Posted by tomcei
If I still have an out drive
Buy a spare.
They can be had used for around $1500.
Then in the off season have it rebuilt.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man those are some good numbers should run it's a$$ off. I'm still trying to dial in my boat and learning how to drive it, but anything that you need help with or anything you need to know I will be more than happy to assist. I'm running a stock XR and when talking to Randy he says I should be fine as long as you know what your doing. Now when talking to others they said at 80 hours I should plan on buying a new one or the case is ok rebuild. Only time will tell. For the most part I'm fairly conservative with the boat so I might be ok.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:11 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeFormula
I'm running a stock XR and when talking to Randy he says I should be fine as long as you know what your doing.
And thats the ticket right there.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tomcei
If I still have an out drive
I hear what your saying. My 540 should be right around 650hp and until I come up with a chunk of money, I'll be running a plain Bravo. The good news is, I have two of them from my old Profile. Both have the hydraulic steering endcaps on them, so it should be a quick change out.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 56 Posts

got it put in last night thanks to my Pantera buddy. He ran up stairs to fly his colors before we started work.
We mounted it up between rain showers
I'm fighting the alighnment today. I thought I would post this while I'm in the parking lot waiting on the Summit warehouse to open. I'm buying a new starter(hi torx) can't seem to find the one I took off 9 months ago.
Attached Thumbnails a little hop up for my 28-mtr.jpg  
Old 06-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tom , can you tell me the cam specs and manufacturer? I am working on a similiar project and want peak hp at about 5600 to 5800, I have not chosen heads as of yet though. Thanks, Chris
Old 06-09-2007, 09:21 PM
Registered

Chris I'll call you so we can chat.

I'm big time frustrated
I spend yesterday evening up until late and ALL day tring to figure out why my alignment was not working out.
I was unsure of myself when it didn't just pop in( merc tool) I kept thinking that I must have done something wrong.
I've done torque converters in cars, clutches etc, etc. But my experence with boats is limited. I spoke to Albert and Jerry who kept me on the right track Thanks.
I went up and down til it was quite obvious that this was not gona happen. Pulled the mtr back out and tried the tool in the coupler and no go. Wrong size. I asked for the XZ alignment tool and I don't know what the crap I got.

Note to self, check the tool before you mount up.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

If that is the only problem ya have, you will laugh at it later.............Plus ya forget all the grief when ya push the stick and it lays ya back in the seat.............lookin good
Old 06-10-2007, 09:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
Congrats Tom , Those are some great #'s no doubt ! especially for a single carb naturally asperated motor, I bet it sounds awsome !! You should have a good guide for alot of things by Mike's 28 That they just finished up. When are you expecting to get back in the water ?
Hey "little", what about your other boat? Did you get a divorce? LOL "Git-er-dunn" !!
Old 06-10-2007, 12:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nocigarette
If that is the only problem ya have, you will laugh at it later.............Plus ya forget all the grief when ya push the stick and it lays ya back in the seat.............lookin good
My typing skills won't allow me tell you all the details.
Here is a nice example. Couldn't find my starter, so what to do>>> go get a better one. As I investigate the setr up on the gears and what not I discover there is no way for me to check it or confirm and adjustments I may make. So I made this access hole. I hated to do it "less" than pulling the mtr and removing the bell housing
I hope it's not a big deal
Attached Thumbnails a little hop up for my 28-p6110003.jpg   a little hop up for my 28-p6110002.jpg  

Quick Reply: a little hop up for my 28

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.