Old 03-20-2016, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you looking at the boat today?
Old 03-20-2016, 09:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Must admit, I do like my outboards and this new listings caught my eye.....

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...se-o65061.html
Old 03-21-2016, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 460 Likes on 244 Posts

the deck, on these 24's i need a couple q's answered

1. is the deck and cockpit bathtub one piece?
2. once the bravo came out, the deck must have been changed because the engine room is too short to accommodate engine and transmission style set up
(not going transmission just an observation)

2 more questions not deck related,
the drain tube pvc that goes from the cabin to the engine room was glassed in real nice in the engine room.

1. does anybody know if that tube is glassed in all the way under the tank or does it just get thrown in there and glassed on the end where you can see it?

2. the drain holes that go thru the bulkheads or fillets are glassed in or just drilled and forgotten?

thanks guys for all the help and advice so far.

Last edited by outonsafari; 03-21-2016 at 11:15 AM.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:35 AM
Registered

Yes it is. They are very tight bulk head to transom. My pullies are within 4 inches of the engine room bulkhead.
There's no way to run a trans unless you put it in a extension box. Like a Imco 12" box. The drains under my tank are glassed in. The holes drilled were just resin and algrip.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by class6
Yes it is. They are very tight bulk head to transom. My pullies are within 4 inches of the engine room bulkhead.
There's no way to run a trans unless you put it in a extension box. Like a Imco 12" box. The drains under my tank are glassed in. The holes drilled were just resin and algrip.
that's just not true. I ran a mercII trans for years just as the boat came. When I went to the bravo is where I gained more front engine clearance. There are many of these boats still running trans with TRS drives.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:49 AM
Registered

class 6, thanks to di-sect your post
(yes it is) one piece deck cockpit bathtub
when you say your pullies are 4 inches from the engine room bulkhead, i measured approx 49 1/2 inches from rear engine mount ears to the bulkhead on the back of the fuel tank
a trs set up is about 45 1/2 inches from the rear mount ears on the tailstock to the pullies, so that's your ( within 4 inches of the engine room bulkhead )
Old 03-21-2016, 11:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CHAOS REIGNS
that's just not true. I ran a mercII trans for years just as the boat came. When I went to the bravo is where I gained more front engine clearance. There are many of these boats still running trans with TRS drives.
You had an older Pantera that came with a TRS. newer boats had bulkhead moved way back. I have a 82 and a 06/08
Old 03-21-2016, 11:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by outonsafari
class 6, thanks to di-sect your post
(yes it is) one piece deck cockpit bathtub
when you say your pullies are 4 inches from the engine room bulkhead, i measured approx 49 1/2 inches from rear engine mount ears to the bulkhead on the back of the fuel tank
a trs set up is about 45 1/2 inches from the rear mount ears on the tailstock to the pullies, so that's your ( within 4 inches of the engine room bulkhead )
To tell you the truth. I think they all are a little different. Mine is a little newer than the army boat. And I picked up on a few differences just from the pictures. I'm sure they did things different day to day
Old 03-21-2016, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by class6
To tell you the truth. I think they all are a little different. Mine is a little newer than the army boat. And I picked up on a few differences just from the pictures. I'm sure they did things different day to day
just depend who was building the boats that week , There where always different workers working
Old 03-22-2016, 08:09 PM
Registered

trying to get a few pics up,

cant post pics, wanted to post 4 pics c/w the repair

i'm 50/50 on the thing because of the repair and i'm worried about rot because it's sitting outside
plus i spoke to some people about what i seen concerning the repair and the possibility of unseen issues that extend past the fix
that wont show up till i stuff it or something, and i can't afford to be wrong on the hull if it's fubar or rotted
but it is a cool boat didn't think i'd like the black but it grew on me,
got nothing but good to say about the owner, he didn't try to pretty it up or hide nothing and he's easy to talk to, a nice hard working guy.

the repair is on the port side and into the deck in front of the fairing
it's a little wavy and some print thru on the side and there's a couple long arch shaped spider web cracks on the edge of the deck repair

guess i'll make a decision by the end of the week, called the owner today so he didn't think i was blowing him off but got the answer machine

thanks again to everyone for the input, and advice
i really appreciate it
dan

Last edited by outonsafari; 03-22-2016 at 08:46 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.