Notices

***2010 Pirate Run****

Old 12-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is an excellent idea and very generous offer. I think that this "get together" is going to be a GREAT time........
Old 12-22-2009, 09:46 PM
Gold Member

Anyone going to E bay now?
Old 12-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can someone PM me or post whats going on with this run? I have attended for three years now and its one of my favorites. I was planing on returning this year so I already booked my room, 6 to be exact but Im not sure whats happening. Plus I have a close friend that ownes a buissness and wanted to sponsor the run this year after he attended this run last year. So anyone know the dealio..

Thanks Anthony
Old 12-26-2009, 10:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nordic95
Can someone PM me or post whats going on with this run? I have attended for three years now and its one of my favorites. I was planing on returning this year so I already booked my room, 6 to be exact but Im not sure whats happening. Plus I have a close friend that ownes a buissness and wanted to sponsor the run this year after he attended this run last year. So anyone know the dealio..

Thanks Anthony
I think it should rock on as ive done it all 6 years and it is a great run with great people.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I went on the new years day fun run from fort myers beach to marco island in fla. with pasunbum. It was a great time with no expense except fuel and lunch. You guys should get in touch with the fort myers powerboaters for more info and maybe some advice.. It makes more sense to me to do a fun run instead of the expense your club has to do a poker run.Still have ball breaker and the fun stuff on shore..... Just no (poker run), fireworks and diner... all the stuff that is such a hassel. Just my opinion.... I think ther was at least 28 boats that did the run. check it out on there forum or go to freeze frame video. A fun run with all the same people that have attended in the past with one or two stops would be great!!!!
Attached Thumbnails ***2010 Pirate Run****-1.jpg  
Old 01-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PROMAN
I went on the new years day fun run from fort myers beach to marco island in fla. with pasunbum. It was a great time with no expense except fuel and lunch. You guys should get in touch with the fort myers powerboaters for more info and maybe some advice.. It makes more sense to me to do a fun run instead of the expense your club has to do a poker run.Still have ball breaker and the fun stuff on shore..... Just no (poker run), fireworks and diner... all the stuff that is such a hassel. Just my opinion.... I think ther was at least 28 boats that did the run. check it out on there forum or go to freeze frame video. A fun run with all the same people that have attended in the past with one or two stops would be great!!!!
I agree!
Old 01-08-2010, 08:01 AM
Registered

I hear the problem is if there is any organized event on the water then the big Insurance bill comes into play. To cover that bill comes all the work. Getting sponsors, advertising, entry fees, t-shirts sales, regatta permit, Sheriff patrol with diver, etc. Which is more work in itself.
The talk is to have a member picnic on that day whoever shows up shows up. What they happen to do on the water and how they get there is up to them. Then the club does not assume the liability for an organized event on the water. They are just having dinner at the showboat.
Some of the guys on the Kryptonite owners forum are planning on playing on the lake that weekend. Our plan is to meet at Glen Harbor Marina around noon Saturday, run the lake maybe stop @ Drysden Creek (warm water outlet) swim some and around 5pm head to the showboat for dinner.
This is just what I have been hearing maybe someone from the club can clarify.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Sounding Good. I know the "Middle Finger Lakers" all have rooms and we are still planning on going for Friday and Saturday, just hope that the weather will cooperate.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Sounds Like The Williamsport Gang Will All Just Happen To Be There Also For That Weekend.reguardless What It Is Called It Sounds Like A Great Time.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:11 AM
Registered

This just plain "Sucks" but I can fully understand the situation the club is in. I loved going to this Run/Event. I know my Doc. will be happy that my Liver will start to heal now........

Last edited by 29KILROY; 01-16-2010 at 12:34 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.