Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Did the RTB run get canceled?? >

Did the RTB run get canceled??

Notices

Did the RTB run get canceled??

Old 09-12-2011, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about something like an in-water custom boat show , mostly private owned but if dealers want to attend they must pay a fee . Also their will be a small entry fee to cover lunch for boat owners who bring thier boats . Just a thought

Larry

Last edited by KEVLARKAT32; 09-13-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:41 AM
Registered

I've been attending RTB for many years and Jeff has never made any claims that event was solely for charity. He does make donations each year to Shore Dream for Kids and I was told at the run that he donated 4 entries this year at Jammin on The James to benefit the Shriners Foundation which raised over $1,000 for the Shriners Foundation.

I know has also hosted runs to benefit the local Fire Company, The MS Society, The Leukemia Foundation and the ACS.

I have never heard him make any claim that RTB was solely for charity. Who cares if he makes money? He and his wife are the one's that do all the work - Who here works for free?. What's wrong with making money?

No one bashes Poker Runs America for making money and I don't see them giving away entries to benefit charities nor do I see other large runs doing it either. I commend Jeff for this.

I've seen the checks Jeff has written to Shore Dreams for Kids and we thank him very much for that and I continue to support his runs as will my friends. He's a gentlemen and he runs great events.

Last edited by 46OL; 09-12-2011 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:13 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 46OL
I've been attending RTB for many years and Jeff has never made any claims that event was solely for charity. He does make donations each year to Shore Dream for Kids and he I was told at the run that he donated 4 entries this year at Jammin on The James to benefit the Shriners Foundation which raised over $1,000 for the Shriners Foundation.

I know has also hosted runs to benefit the local Fire Company, The MS Society, The Leukemia Foundation and the ACS.

I have never heard him make any claim that RTB was solely for charity. Who cares if he makes money? He and his wife are the one's that do all the work - Who here works for free?. What's wrong with making money?

No one bashes Poker Runs America for making money and I don't see them giving away entries to benefit charities nor do I see other large runs doing it either. I commend Jeff for this.

I've seen the checks Jeff has written to Shore Dreams for Kids and we thank him very much for that and I continue to support his runs as will my friends. He's a gentlemen and he runs great events.
I've never attended RTB.....(always wanted to but it conflicts with my kids school schedules). With that, I've never seen false claims about where the $$$ goes, I never looked into it hard enough to know, or care either. Jeff and Karen did attend JOTJ this year and may have donated entries to RTB (again, I'm just un-aware either way). I can tell you the entries would have simply been passed along in a drawing with no "benefit" to JOTJ organizers.

Helping organize JOTJ in the past I can verify with certainty that the officers of JOTJ pay entry just like everyone else AND recieve no form of payment for all their work organizing the run. Final donation to the Shriner's was not $1,000 but in fact $25,000.00 (every dime left over after the run).

Just clarifying a few things. I hope RTB can grow and avoid foul weather (and the dam fog) moving forward!!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 09:20 AM
Registered

t500hps- sorry for the confusion in my message. I was told by one of the RTB attendees that the four donated RTB entries raised over $1,000 for the Shriners.

I did see that .. I think his names was James had Jeff auction off one 2012 JOTJ entry saturday night which I think went for a little over $500. Kudos to you and your organization.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:40 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 46OL
t500hps- sorry for the confusion in my message. I was told by one of the RTB attendees that the four donated RTB entries raised over $1,000 for the Shriners.

I did see that .. I think his names was James had Jeff auction off one 2012 JOTJ entry saturday night which I think went for a little over $500. Kudos to you and your organization.
Maybe they auctioned off the RTB entries and that's what they raised???? Regardless of how, prizes do help get people to pay and attend. (I was out of the banquet room when they gave them out so I don't know the specifics). James likely would have been the person with JOTJ to work out an entry exchange with Jeff.
I helped organize the run for 3 years but haven't been involved the last 2 years.....somehow it looks like I might be back involved for next years run though.