Powerquest Factory >

Powerquest Factory

Notices

Powerquest Factory

Old 12-04-2005, 06:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Powerquest Factory

Jeff, maybe your right on that 43! Sun's been working on that 43 of there's for 2 years and Mental's been waiting for his since the begining. Maybe he's going to end up with a PQ after all??
Old 12-04-2005, 06:17 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffGrice
Hi, this may be old news...but not to me.

I am told by an employee at Sunsation that PQ sold their 43 mold to them.

I know at one point Kevin's strategy in creating the 43 was to first increase demand for the 38 (so it wouldn't suffer when the 43 was introduced) and moving the 29 to a 30 and eliminating the 34.

Jeff

Nope the boat mold that sunsation bought was a POWERPLAY

I have seen the new 43 at Sunsation being built and i assure you it looks nothing like the old Power play and certianly not a PQ

I drove by PQ two weeks ago in the middle of the day and there wasnt even one car in the parking lot

I am sure they will get there deal finished soon and re open (I hope so)

PQ fills a nice nitch in the marketplace with there line of "Gentalmans Offshore" Boats

Best of luck to PQ getting back in the fray soon
Old 12-04-2005, 06:51 AM
Registered

The Powerplay makes more sense.

Mental your safe again with the Sun
Old 12-04-2005, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffGrice
Hi, this may be old news...but not to me.

I am told by an employee at Sunsation that PQ sold their 43 mold to them.

I know at one point Kevin's strategy in creating the 43 was to first increase demand for the 38 (so it wouldn't suffer when the 43 was introduced) and moving the 29 to a 30 and eliminating the 34.

Jeff
Not true - the Sunsation F4 based the hull off the PowerPlay 38 hull.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:03 PM
Registered

Powerplay makes sense. The fella that told me does Sun's canvas work...and I think he got PQ and Powerplay mixed up.

Jeff
Old 12-04-2005, 08:02 PM
Pressurized
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I HEARD THEY MAY HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT A 43 BUT DIDN'T KNOW THEY HAD A MOLD. Any one have detail on it ?
Old 12-06-2005, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In 2001 with my last days at PQ when Jack purchased Powerquest from Kevin Hirdes.I presented Jack with a business plan to take the company to the next step. In that plan included revamping the tooling of the deck and dash helm on the 34 Vyper,and 38 Avenger, a new 26 footer which now the 260 is 13 years old.. Adding a 36 sport cruiser to the line up, and a New Stepped 44 foot offshore performance.. Jack was impressed with the presentation but didn"t follow ANY of the recommendations.This was a 5 year plan. So, nothing new. The tooling remains the same..Now it has affected the company by not going forward with new product..I hope for all the PQ owners and future wantabees rally around the new take over when it happens..
Old 12-06-2005, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by DENNYB
In 2001 with my last days at PQ when Jack purchased Powerquest from Kevin Hirdes.I presented Jack with a business plan to take the company to the next step. In that plan included revamping the tooling of the deck and dash helm on the 34 Vyper,and 38 Avenger, a new 26 footer which now the 260 is 13 years old.. Adding a 36 sport cruiser to the line up, and a New Stepped 44 foot offshore performance.. Jack was impressed with the presentation but didn"t follow ANY of the recommendations.This was a 5 year plan. So, nothing new. The tooling remains the same..Now it has affected the company by not going forward with new product..I hope for all the PQ owners and future wantabees rally around the new take over when it happens..
Looks good on paper but that would have been a huge capital investment over a short period of time even for one of the bigger boat manufactures, let alone a small builder that has a mainly regional following. Stable ownership that believes in the product, improvements in quality control, and first-rate customer service at both the factory and dealership level are key to ensuring Powerquest has a future. Once those items are established, then and only then should the company look forward to improving/expanding their product line.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by DENNYB
I still think the 260 is a good looking boat
I also think when people think of PowerQuest they think of
Performance Not sport cruisers.
PowerQuest needs to make customer service job 1 and they need to treat every customer the same whether they are buying a 22 Razor or a 38 Avenger.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:21 AM
Registered

The guys and gals at PQ have always treated me well. Even when they were doing vinyl work on my old Conquest a few years ago. You'd have thought I just bought the boat. I've always thought they had great customer service. I will admit the newer boats interiors have suffered a bit , as they've tried to cut some cost. But all in all thats a pretty easy fix.

Has anyone seen any activity around there this week??

Quick Reply: Powerquest Factory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.