Best prop for HTM >

Best prop for HTM

Notices

Best prop for HTM

Old 05-30-2012, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joshuah40
I have a 468 CI BB Chevy not a 496 It does have the B&M mega blower And the chiller. I am not sure of the boats history I bought it from a guy in Cleveland OH... Hank was his name. He bought it from some Punk DJ dude in Erie PA who I think hacked up the wiring. He said he was only interested in getting tunes in the boat so he could get out on Lake Erie and get Girls..... Sad to purchase a beautiful boat then Jerry rig it for some stinky Lil split tail then not care of the ramifications later. He ( Erie Boy ) Supposedly had the motor built somewhere but cant remember or just flat out wouldn't tell me but he said the motor was built to withstand 10000 RPM's but the 6al box is chipped @ 6000... So for not knowing truly what i have I am going to take my tine and make the boat better than original All the right color Wiring and some added touches here and there... I am already in touch with all the HP Boat accessory places Dana/Eddie few others. Plus some good ole fashion learning. I will get it right sooner or later and eventually have 1000-1350 HP motor in this boat. the drive will hold it so they say...Its a B-Max poker addition by the way... Those guys @ the new B-max Shop in Cheese Ville USA Wisconsin aren't verry personable and very Pricy and Snobby so when i blow up this b-max i will probably switch over to a different drive but so far the b-max is holding up. my Goal is 125mph but we shall see. I may have to blueprint the hall myself that will be an interesting crash course since i will have to learn to do it myself. Only because i am soooooo tired of BS from people who say they know but really don't and want to charge alot of money to learn on your boat. Not Kewl..... Kinda like going to a whore house. 25,000 for 6seconds of aah but its all GOOD!!!!!!!!

For your wiring diagram I'd call Cale at HTM2 in Lake Havasu (928)208-1999. If you are running 24 pitch props 5900 rpm you are most likley not making 750 HP and I wouldnt be putting on blower pulleys if you don't know what size thay are or how much boost you will see. Also a BBC is not going to spin to 10,000 RPM, whoever said that shouldn't be talking about engines anyway. I've talked to the guys at BMax and even had a few adult beverages with them last month at the Desert Storm Poker Run, they seemed very nice and knowelageable. I would run your current drive until it breaks, the original BMax's have some issues with their cases and the majority of them are not worth rebuilding if the cases are damaged. Your goal of 125 MPH is achiveable, (my SR24 is in the high120's/low 130's depending on conditions) but you will need close to 1,100 HP to do it and your current motor/B&M blower won't support that.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:30 AM
Registered

Thanks Racing Jason for all of your input. I was in Havasue the week b-4 desert storm and hung out with cal Great guy... He has been very helpful and answered all the questions i threw @ him. Only wish i lived closer so i could have him wk on my boat more.... I am looking into an engine builder over in these parts down around Bristol TN guy name Whites Machine. He seems to think he can either fix up my little 468 blower motor or build me a 588 naturally aspirated engine (no blower) That should make my boat perform the way i would kinda like it to. We will have to see I am trying to get the out-drive and then pull the engine out to haul it down to TN to him. Thanks for your comments.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:58 PM
Registered

Update 2013 Mid June; My motor is now redun and so is the drive and it is doing just under 1000 HP on 6 lbs of boost the drive was gone through by the Brave shop and i am almost ready to go...I need wiring advise I took out the original Engine wiring harness and just purchased a KE performance engine harness and it is suppose to have provisions for a 6al box...I am running a red 6al box the kind for a car...Is that OK??? And a MSD Ignition...Also Bought a perch from KE performance to sit my 6-AL box on along with my 50 amp breaker and coil and cylonoid and the plug. Was looking for a detailed wiring harness so I could wrap this boat up and get it out on the water...Any reply would be greatly appreciated if anybody had an HTM wiring Schematic or Mercruiser wiring schematic...Let me know...Thanks Joshuah40
Old 06-17-2013, 10:49 AM
Registered
Commercial Member

Hello Joshuah,

We have propped out many many 24 ft. HTM's. Depending upon your "X" dimension & power, we go with either our 4 blade or the 5 blade. A 3 blade is out of the question. Please give us a call.

Thank you,

Thom
Old 06-17-2013, 10:51 AM
Registered
Commercial Member

With our 4 blade you require a diffuser ring which is not standard on our 4 blade. This will help getting opnto plane.

Thanks,

Thom